2012 Honda Odyssey

8.4

Based on 117 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

great minivan

By on Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pros: "Cargo room, mpg, handling, comfort"

Cons: "headrests, audio system, doors"

"I have owned an Odyssey EX for a couple of years now and I like it. It is very roomy and can haul my family of 5, the dog and all of our luggage when going on a vacation. It handles very well on the road and in the snow. I used to be scared to drive in the snow with my last car but this one is easier to maneuver. Although this is one of the better minivans, it has its low points. First of all, some areas, like the headrests, were not designed for comfort but more for style. Second, the automatic sliding doors are very slow, I once waited a couple of seconds after I saw the door closing and thought it was closed, but when I backed out I smashed the door into the side of my house. Third, the sliding doors don't like to stay closed, there are times when we shut the door and after it shuts will automatically open again on us, it takes a minute but finally we get the door closed and all if fine. Fourth, the audio system cannot be heard from the third row and you can barely hear it in the second row. Other than these, the Odyssey has been a very good car."

Like driving a box

By on Saturday, September 03, 2011

"If you need a box, then this is a nice one, but it has been very difficult for me to get used to the bulk necessary for a minivan. It is everything positive a minivan can be: roomy, comfy on 3rd row, nice little gadgets in front - but it is sluggish on the acceleration, difficult on the gas mileage, and ultimately not a fun vehicle to drive. So many people told me to give it a month and I will learn to love it - this has not been the case. I appreciate the space, just not the ride."

Best vehicle ever

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Cons: "wish the back seat safety belts were stationary"

"This is our second Odyssey and we've loved them both. Sold the older one to our best friends, we trusted it that much. This one will still be under warranty for another 5,000 miles and will sell it outright with no worries. Looking forward to the 2014."

I love my Van

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "Nice,fun to drive"

Cons: "Not 4WD"

"Yes i do love it,comfortable, elegant, beautiful.. But after this weather I NEED A 4WD..Very surprised Honda didnt add this feature..Because the Sienna has it..But really is upsetting haw much I paid for it,and the value Im getting..So I think would stay shoveling snow and being careful on the slipery roads :("

This is a good vehicle,except no storage.

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "good dive and milage"

Cons: "no storage space and not too good dash"

"I had a 2012 Honda Odyssey. It had a storage space behind the passenger & driver's seats. It also had a small storage "glove box" over the regular glove box. The 2014 has no storage space. The storage space behind the Passenger & Driver's seat is now where your spare tire is located. The small glove box is also gone. I suspect the reason for relocating the spare tire is to install a vacuum cleaner. Wonder what that costs? I bet is well over $500.00. You can buy a vacuum cleaner for about $75.00 that will have more suction then the Honda vacuum. I am 77 years old, now imagine me or a woman trying to get a spare tire out of this stupid place--back injury location. The front dash is annoying with it's two visual displays. The one for the radio is not very useful-too many buttons to play with. I don't think the designers ever drive or own a minivan. This is probably my last Odyssey to own since they ruined it."