2012 Honda Odyssey

Based on 104 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

It changed my way of thinking

By on Monday, January 02, 2012

Pros: "great price, comfortable, lots of storage"

Cons: "no floor mat for the rear storage"

"I have always been a chevrolet person. My wife was looking for a family car that is great on gas. So we shopped for three months looking and comparing. Her mind was made up with two choices the 2012 Ford Explorer and the 2012 Honda Odyssey. We test drove both of them. And boy was I surprised on how the Honda performed. It's extremely more comfortable, better on gas, and more storage for those long trips. Great for the extra passengers that might tag along on sleepovers or attending friday night football games. I was very surprised and extremely happy. for the same price as the Explorer XLT we had more upgrades: back up camera, leather, seats 8 people, heated seats, moon roof, navigation. the Ford Explorer only has one power seat as where the Honda has more."

Best Minivan

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "Size, room for 8 and gas milage"

Cons: "cost but can get over it."

"I have owned two Nissan Quests and they do not come close in matching up."

Best minivan

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "Leg room,spacious interiors and comfortable drive"

Cons: "mileage,difficult to upload photos to wallpaper"

"Brought this minivan after much debate about a Pilot and Odyssey but in the end the space in Odyssey was a clincher.It is much roomier and more comfortable to drive than a Pilot.WE have friends and relatives visiting us frequently and fitting in 8 people is not a problem.The drive is smooth and on the highway you hardly hear any noise.Blue tooth works like a dream and the voice clarity is very good.Connect your ipod to the USB cable and you can control your ipod through the dials on the dashboard. Overall we are very happy with this minivan.The only feature we could not use was the USB drive-we tried uploading our family photographs to the wallpaper on the dashboard but the photos do not get uploaded.I tried various methods-reducing the file size,trying USB devices from friends but still could not upload the photographs."

So far so........GREAT!!!

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"I had a 2008 Chrysler Town and Country until 2 months ago. I loved it , but the transmission had to be replaced in this van within the first 3 months... And then I had problems with it going on and on. still liked it though. What made me switch to Honda - were the seats. Chrysler's leather seats are the most uncomfortable seats I ever sat in. I even put a piece of plastic to even out that hill growing in the middle. So far Honda's seats have performed outstandingly! I travel to work at least 2 hours a day. My Chrysler's average was 16 ml per gallon. Now with Honda it is around 23. So it's still pricy, but better already. My Chrysler had a DVD with 2 screens - for 2nd and 3rd row. Honda has only one screen for the 2nd row. We have NEVER used the one for the 3rd row in the Chrysler van, so we don't miss it too much. One thing that I liked better about Chrysler was the customer service. The kept fixing my van and were very cheerful all along. Thanks"

Great vehicle for travel and all around use.

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, ride, handling, interior, and reliability"

Cons: "A few more ponies, and underseat storage."

"I purchased the 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring in silver, on July 1st, and now have about 6,500 miles on it, which includes several trips to upstate NY and Pennsylvania. Rave reviews from passengers regarding the comfort and ride. One described it as better than a limousine, and she was sitting in the third row. Leather seats are great, and the driver's seat is very supportive. Handling is superb. I have previously owned a Toyota Sienna and a new Toyota Highlander with fabric seats, and found the seats to be very uncomfortable on long drives. Odyssey blows them away. If I had a wish list of improvements for this vehicle I would want: 1. 20 - 30 more horsepower and 2. a underseat passenger side storage tray. Vehicle is pricey, but you get what you pay for. I usually trade for a new vehicle every 3 years, but I would hold onto the Odyssey or buy a new one....it's that good. And the Honda reliability is a big factor also. Looked at a Chrysler T and C, but did not like the fact that they STILL have brake rotor warpage issues, for like 20 years! What's that about? And the interior had some cheap looking parts."