2012 Honda Odyssey

8.4

Based on 94 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Most comfortably functional vehicle I've owned.

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Gas mileage, family friendly (kids and elder)"

"Great gas mileage, family friendly (kids and elderly). Most comfortable vehicle you can use for long road trips with the family but very functional for everyday. We even had a honda tow kit installed and pushed the maximum weight allowance for towing with no problems."

great minivan

By on Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pros: "Cargo room, mpg, handling, comfort"

Cons: "headrests, audio system, doors"

"I have owned an Odyssey EX for a couple of years now and I like it. It is very roomy and can haul my family of 5, the dog and all of our luggage when going on a vacation. It handles very well on the road and in the snow. I used to be scared to drive in the snow with my last car but this one is easier to maneuver. Although this is one of the better minivans, it has its low points. First of all, some areas, like the headrests, were not designed for comfort but more for style. Second, the automatic sliding doors are very slow, I once waited a couple of seconds after I saw the door closing and thought it was closed, but when I backed out I smashed the door into the side of my house. Third, the sliding doors don't like to stay closed, there are times when we shut the door and after it shuts will automatically open again on us, it takes a minute but finally we get the door closed and all if fine. Fourth, the audio system cannot be heard from the third row and you can barely hear it in the second row. Other than these, the Odyssey has been a very good car."

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Friday, January 09, 2015

Pros: "Great gas milage (average 25.5). Lots of room."

Cons: "A little too low to the ground."

"This van is probably the best vehicle I have ever owned. It is great for a family of 5. All three teenage daughters can sit comfortably in the second row. I would recommend this van to anyone who is looking for a great family vehicle."

Very nice car, comfortable & reliable

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Cons: "Too much road noise"

"way too much road noise, if this was corrected it would almost be a 10"

Excellent vehicle

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "Excellent fuel economy for a big vehicle."

Cons: "Interior noise on the freeway."

"Overall it is superb. Only one real complaint...on the freeway at 70mph, it's noisy inside. Maybe it is tires but the people in the back seat can't hear the people in front. And one minor complaint: the tire pressure monitor has failed three times."

Best Vehicle Purchase!!! Couldn't be happier!

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, Comfortable, Great Value, Reliable"

Cons: "Blind Spots"

"We are completely satisfied with our Odyssey. Comfortable. Incredibly roomy. With 4 German Shepherds and catering our parties this is by far the most versatile vehicle we've ever owned. It rides beautifully and handles well. The interior has a nice, rich feeling to it. We love that it doesn't have that boxy look, which we helped with adding on the window visors. Makes it look more streamlined. We often take out the mid cabin seats and leave the rear seats folded down in a van configuration. If we have to haul people, the back seats go up in no time. If we haul a lot of people, even with all the seats up, there is great space in back for groceries, etc. We shopped for a year before buying this and are beyond pleased. After purchasing the Odyssey, we had the opportunity to lease what was our second choice for 4 days and are so glad we picked the Odyssey. No comparison."

Nice Car and great with 4 kids

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "great for the family and lots of fun toys"

Cons: "blind spots at front corners of van"

"Touring Package- Great car for the family. Interior was well thought out, exterior looks sleek and nice. My wife calls it her little sports car. The only issue that we have experienced is the blind spots at the front corners of the car. We have both experienced this several times. That is the reason for the nine as the overall rating. We have had several warranty issues but again they were warranty issues and were taken care of by Honda. Buy It!"

Ultimate Family Mobile!

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "No sport model"

"If people can get over the stigma about minivan's the Honda Odyssey is easily the best family vehicle on the market! Safety, comfort, space, quality, reliability, etc. Any argument against the minivan will lose. Simply the best!"

Best minivan on the road

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

"I have owned minivans since 1984. The Odyssey is the best by far."

Fulfills our reasons we acquired the Odyssey.

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "Excellent for long road trips. Drives well."

"Excellent for long road trips. Plenty of storage for golf clubs, luggage, and hanging clothes. Drives like a luxury car."

Worst vehicle ever

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, economical"

Cons: "Poor Quality and reliability"

"One thing after another."

Best Odyssey ever!

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "Refinement, size, gas mileage"

Cons: "A little bit underpowered, price"

"We purchased a 2014 Odyssey Touring Elite in October 2013. Currently at 14,500 miles with no problems whatsoever. Purchased our first Odyssey in 2005 and our second in 2008 and will keep buying as long as they are produced. Ride quality and NVH of the 2014 is exceptional -- as quiet and refined as a luxury car. Engine feels a little bit underpowered but that is a small complaint. Averaging about 22.5 mpg in mixed city/highway travel."

Excellent vehicle

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive and see. Very reliable."

Cons: "Manufacture quality of interior could be higher."

"Its well designed and built. I bought this after my 2000 Odyssey had 220000 miles and needed $3k of maintenance. I've had no trouble with this van at all and no work done other than standard preventative. It has consistently started, run just fine, and been very comfortable on long trips despite being full of kid's college furniture. I drive slowly and carefully and have an average of 22MPG city and 31 Highway. Not bad for a minivan! I got the lowest end model one could buy and do wish the quality were higher. For example, there are carpet seams under the center row feet I think could have been avoided."

fantastic!

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

"Great vehicle, especially for those with children! The room the van has is awesome, it drives great, and looks nice too! My favorite van to date."

N+EW Honda Odyssey

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "lots- read cons. rep., engine, trans, IIHS, etc."

Cons: "complicated tech, poor fit & finish"

"Hello! 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L Silver, no NAV or DVD, Michelin Primacy MXV4 tires swapped on delivered to my home by courier put into service on 03 May 2014, new PA title, 169 miles on odometer Honda moldings installed by my detailer(me) Blue LEDs installed in interior Intended service life: 150k miles, or 14 years blogged at leading honda site"

Best in the Market no doubt

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Tech, gas economy, general quality, reliability"

Cons: "Can't find one, ohh the money for the 2014 or 2015"

"I have had a Honda Ody for the last 12 Years (2 Different ones) I have put on them 200 K or more miles and I still think that both have been the best purchase ever, reliable and strong vehicles that I am almost decided to get the 2014 or 2015 model if my 2007 would give me an excuse to get rid of it, now with 80 K miles is still in good shape and going places like always, I highly recommend Odys, you wouldn't regret it."

Probably the best minivan out there for 2014

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Pros: "Quality materials, easy to maneuver seats"

Cons: "Sound system!"

"We've only had this van for a week, but I feel like I have a good knowledge of the van, as well as the performance. Let me also say that prior to purchasing the Odyssey, we drove the 2014 Toyota Sienna XLE with leather. I think in terms of options, they are pretty comparable. I didn't seriously consider the Odyssey until after driving the Sienna. The Sienna is really cheap on the interior. Buttons felt cheap, little compartments, flimsy and cheap. I went away from that test drive wondering how that van could be worth the $38k they were asking. My husband suggested going by the Honda dealer and I was thinking we couldn't afford an Odyssey - BUT, when we got there and I looked inside, I knew that was the van for us. The quality of the interior isn't even comparable to the Sienna. Much heavier materials, glossy parts, just beautiful. And it ended up being very comparable to the Sienna in price. In fact, we purchased ours for just a little over $34k, and that was the EX-L trim with Navi. Really, the only complaint I have about the Odyssey is the sound system. It's terrible. The sound quality is just so so poor. I know upgrading to the Touring gets you an HD radio and I believe better speakers, but it's quite a bit more expensive. I'm just shocked Honda allowed that stereo out of the factory. The sound is completely flat. I've adjusted the bass, everything and it's just blah. But everything else - fabulous!"

All I can sayis Wow!!!

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "Rides is smooth and quiet"

Cons: "Back up sensor should be standard"

"We were totally against the idea at first... even just muttering the three letter word VAN was forbidden in our family's vocabulary, but after over a year of research, comparing everything on the market and hours of you-tube viewing we were convinced that the Odyssey was for us... well all except the price, but if one works at it long enough you can find some really great deals on line. we drove over 126 mile to save 5,100 on our NEW purchase."

Cons: "Needs AWD and better handling"

"I never thought I'd own a minivan but I never thought I'd have 4 kids! With that said, I told myself if I'm going to get a minivan, it's going to be the coolest minivan with all the bells and whistles out there! The Odyssey is so practical for families. I even took it on a guys fishing, mountain biking, rafting adventure and it was awesome. My buddies used to make fun of me, now they think it's way cool. Perfect road trip vehicle. My wife loves it too! The only cons are it would be nice if it had AWD. It doesn't do very well in the snow. The handling could be improved. It drives more like a bus than a car."

Cons: "Needs AWD and better handling"

absolutely the best van ever owned

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "the best for family with lots of road trips"

Cons: "2011 didn't have the vacuum option - great idea!"

"This van drives very well, handles very well, plenty of power, everything woks perfectly even though 4 years old, although value is 10/10 is more than our family needs now - downsizing."

It has good history, my results confirm

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "It has good history, my results confirm"

Cons: "Not much"

"Research said the Honda was the minivan to get so I did. I considered the Toyota but with recent recalls across their line I never even test drove one. Simply got a good price (29500 EX) and that was it. There was a unsettling clop sound like a horse shoe in a parade from the suspension that proved to be from 40psi tires. I reduced to spec 33 and no more clop. Sound is now as one would expect from a car over bumps. We regularly get 30 mpg plus or minus 1/2 in extended cruise mode and 23 mixed with about 18 city. The only real complaint I have at this point is it took several window frostings to discover the defrost button. It has good history, carries 8 people, looks nice, tows and gets 30mpg. Enough said"

Front rotors warped three times in 46,000 miles

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

"Front rotors warped at about 20,000, Dealer resurfaced rotors. Warped again and dealer replaced rotors around 36,000. Now warping again at 46,000. It is in the shop now. No resolution yet. Dealer has been very good (with pushing) but rotors are definitely low quality."

Great, if you are under six feet tall

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "Dependable and drives well with decent mileage"

Cons: "Not enough leg room in front or middle seats"

"The dash console is too wide and blocks your right leg into an upright position. The front seat tracks need more travel. Not enough room in the middle row if you are using car seats for children. This vehicle is not suitable for tall drivers and does not have a full power seat on the passenger side; an inexcusable lack in a vehicle that stickered for over $41,000. It also requires synthetic oil which makes oil changes very expensive."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next