2011 Honda Odyssey

Based on 123 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

very good- but still room for improvement

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "ride, looks, navigation, MPG"

Cons: "lack of 3rd row speakers, middle seat, and 6 speed"

"my 3rd odyssey. bought the 2012 touring. best van on the market and its not even close love the looks, navigation system is awesome. If i were to purhase over again- i would buy the EXL with Navigation, add an after market DVD. For nearly 4 grand in price difference, the touring doesn't give you a ton of necessary features over the EXL. I really am disappointed in the 6 speed, My 06 Odyssey with the 5 speed, is smoother and more powerful than the 2012. The 6 speed seems to really be geared for fuel economy and just isn't as smooth as the 5 speed. Other gripe and heads up- the touring has 10 speakers- none in the back!!!!! $40,000 and I have to spend $400 to put in 2 3rd row speakers- give me a break honda. If you want factory installed 3rd row speakers, you have to purchase the touring elite. The 2nd row on the 06 is better than the 2nd row on the 12. Why? You could store the middle seat on the 06 and the captains chairs had inside arm rests. On the 2012, if you remove the middle seat, their are no inside arm rests (i know this sounds picky, but we did they change a good thing). Do I recommend the car- you bet. My advise- get the EXL with Navigation. On the $3500 you save, get an aftermarket overhead DVD player and have the car shop install 3rd row speakers while they are at it. You just need to order speaker covers for the 3rd row, just google it and they cost like 30 bucks each. The 2 position memory storage on the touring doesn't work well anyway. So for the touring, you are spending 3500-40000 more for fancier wheels, 1 MPG better fuel effieciency, blinkers on the side mirrors, and fog lights."

Wish there were 6 stars

By on Friday, March 18, 2011

"I have owned Toyota, Dodge and Ford mini vans in the past. None of them compare to the Odyssey in terms of quality and comfort. Mine is the Touring model and if I were to complain about it, it would be the overwhelming number of switches, dials, button and menus. There must be 80 of them, not counting the nested menus on the display. If I were not a previous owner of Honda products, I’m not sure I would comprehend how all these controls work. There are a couple of misleading statements in the KBB review of the Odyssey. There is a back up camera in the Touring model, not just the Touring Elite. I have compared item by item a nearly identically equipped Touring Elite and Sienna Limited.. the Toyota is actually more expensive. For those that are interested, the difference between the Touring and Touring Elite comes down to 3 items: The Elite has HID headlights (with self leveling); a 12 speaker surround sound system with a slightly higher output radio (vs. a 7 speaker in the Touring) and the blind spot information system. I have compared and driven both the Toyota Sienna and the Odyssey and both are fine vehicles. I did have two gripes with the Toyota, the confusing packaging of options (vs. the Honda more simplified by model standard equipment), and the interior of the Toyota seemed a little “cheesey” compare to the Honda. In my opinion, the 2010 Sienna had a better quality interior than the 2011 models. One other point if you had a touch screen nav system like my Ford products or the older Honda models, I think you will miss the simplicity of them. I guess I will have to learn to use the toggle switches and voice commands. All-in-all though, if I could, I’d rate the Honda 6 stars for it’s a very solid construction, quite stately ride and top quality materials. It should meet the needs of anyone that requires a mini-van."

Previous one was better.

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Space, comfort, speed."

Cons: "read the review"

"First of all I'd like to say that this is my third Odyssey. I don't know why did they have to change so many good things into bad things, but here it is. 1)Weak AC, it works "OK" with only refurbished air after 100's 2)Rear seats do not fold flat, used to be flat but not anymore (well it's almost flat). I liked the old folding system better, it seems a little less confusing for someone who never used a car. 3)Older body had more head room at front seats than this new one. If you like to sit high (plus you are tall), you'll be breathing into the ceiling. 4)No arm rests at second row seat (maybe it's the trim, I have EX, but I think the previous one even had it on LX, but I might be wrong) 5)Bluetooth needs work, mic quality is somewhat adequate, but nothing good. Phone book sometimes freezes. 6)In between front seats change/bottles/other things compartment used to be easily fordable, now it's just a huge box. 7)Interior quality appears to be worse than in previous model. 8)Climate control is confusing. Other than that it's a great vat which drives like a car."

A truly fine vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "too many to list!"

Cons: "road noise"

"I love it. My only complaint is that the van lets in too much road noise. Everything else is as good or better than any vehicle I have ever owned... and I have had 19 over the last 45 years."

Better than before.

By on Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pros: "MPG, ride comfort are much better than before. Very quiet van."

Cons: "Loss of in floor storage for middle seat."

"Yes, it's pricy and loaded with features. A lot of room in the vehicle. Mileage and driving experience is much better than 2007 model it replaced. MPG was deciding factor on Van vs SUV. Do miss being able to store the 2nd row middle seat in the floor. Rarely use that middle seat anyway. Now have to find room in the garage to store it. That was a take away. Otherwise kids enjoy the entertainment system and the addition of the power outlets."