2011 Honda Odyssey

8.4

Based on 94 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

very good- but still room for improvement

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "ride, looks, navigation, MPG"

Cons: "lack of 3rd row speakers, middle seat, and 6 speed"

"my 3rd odyssey. bought the 2012 touring. best van on the market and its not even close love the looks, navigation system is awesome. If i were to purhase over again- i would buy the EXL with Navigation, add an after market DVD. For nearly 4 grand in price difference, the touring doesn't give you a ton of necessary features over the EXL. I really am disappointed in the 6 speed, My 06 Odyssey with the 5 speed, is smoother and more powerful than the 2012. The 6 speed seems to really be geared for fuel economy and just isn't as smooth as the 5 speed. Other gripe and heads up- the touring has 10 speakers- none in the back!!!!! $40,000 and I have to spend $400 to put in 2 3rd row speakers- give me a break honda. If you want factory installed 3rd row speakers, you have to purchase the touring elite. The 2nd row on the 06 is better than the 2nd row on the 12. Why? You could store the middle seat on the 06 and the captains chairs had inside arm rests. On the 2012, if you remove the middle seat, their are no inside arm rests (i know this sounds picky, but we did they change a good thing). Do I recommend the car- you bet. My advise- get the EXL with Navigation. On the $3500 you save, get an aftermarket overhead DVD player and have the car shop install 3rd row speakers while they are at it. You just need to order speaker covers for the 3rd row, just google it and they cost like 30 bucks each. The 2 position memory storage on the touring doesn't work well anyway. So for the touring, you are spending 3500-40000 more for fancier wheels, 1 MPG better fuel effieciency, blinkers on the side mirrors, and fog lights."

Hope it gets better

By on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Pros: "Kids seem to like it."

Cons: "Uncomfortable driver's seat."

"Just bought a new exl. Researched for about 2 years before making the purchase. We keep our cars for about 14 to 15 years. Am thinking maybe I made a mistake with the exl. The problem is the uncomfortable driver's seat. The seat is tilted as flat as it goes, but it is still too high causing pain to the hamstring area. I bought a special cushion and have started sitting on it to flatten the seat out more. I hope it works or we will get rid of this van. I can drive short distances for now without pain. I suppose I could just ask my husband to drive on the long trips! My 1999 Acura is more comfortable! Luckily, I kept it."

Quality...Price..Reliability

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pros: "Ride, mpg, value, reliability"

"This van was rated for 28 mpg, so far we are getting 29 mpg straight from the showroom. Very smooth drive plus all of the options you could ever need plus more."

Finest van I ever owned

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

Pros: "great ride, drive it all day"

Cons: "need low tire location on low tire monitoring"

"will definately want another one next time"

Another great Odyssey!

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "Lots of room; very comfortable"

Cons: "None so far"

"This is our third Honda Odyssey, and we are thrilled with the 2012 version. It drives slightly heavier and larger than our two previous Odysseys, but the tradeoff is feeling safer and actually getting better mileage than the slightly lighter models."

Best driving van there is!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, has everything!"

Cons: "Wheelchair Conversion..... Poor highway mpg"

"Awesome van!"

A truly fine vehicle

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "too many to list!"

Cons: "road noise"

"I love it. My only complaint is that the van lets in too much road noise. Everything else is as good or better than any vehicle I have ever owned... and I have had 19 over the last 45 years."

An absolutely delightful car

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

"This car has everything I could ask for. One of the best, if not the best, cars I have ever owned. Excellent gas mileage for the size of car."

great vehicle

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "very good road vehicle. glad I brought it."

Cons: "no auto wipers."

"/very comfortable, good gas milage, very good handling. missing auto wipers."

Great car!

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Ours is a 2008 EX-L with only 15,000 miles. The quality of this car is outstanding. We are ready for a new 2012 just like it now!"

Great features

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

"Only complaint is I wish Honda would go to the stow n go for the second row like Dodge and Chrysler."

Good vehicle but...

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "easy in and out for the kids"

Cons: "not cool, soft window panels."

"This is a great vehicle (we have only had it for 4 months). This is our first Honda. Great and convienient for kids HOWEVER, the front window panels are very soft and hold indentions well. We have dogs that ride EVEYWHERE with us and have made marks on the window panel on the drivers and passenger side.We have three other cars/trucks and have never run into this issue mainly because this piece is made of a much harder and mnore durable material.We are a little upset being this is a minivan that should hold up to a lot of wear and tear. Otherwise we would have scored it a 5/5 on all areas."

LITTLE ROAD NOISE BUT STILL A GREAT RIDE,

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "YOU NEED TO GET INTERNET PRICES FIRST"

Cons: "TAKE A COUPLE OF ASPRINS BEFORE GOING TO DEALER"

"mY WIFE FINALLY STARTED DRIVING THE HONDA, HER LAST 2 CARS WERE CADILLAC'S. THOUGHT ABOUT BUYING HER A BUICK ESCLADE BUT NOW CAN'T GET HER OUT OF THE HONDA SHE MISSES ONSTAR, AND EVEN THOUGH ONSTAR CAN BE PURCHASED FOR HONDA VIA REAR VIEW MIRROR NOT ALL FEATURES ARE AVAILABLE SO I GUESS I KEEP THE HONDA. IT IS GREAT ON GAS AND GETS WHAT IS ADVERTISED."

IN Love!!!

By on Monday, February 06, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride, great gas mileage, TONS of room"

Cons: "a bit on the pricey side"

"We waited for a loooong time to become a minivan family. I swore I would NEVER own a minivan! I did not want to be that stereotypical minivan driving mom! But, now that we finally bought one, I can't believe we waited so long! I am in love! This is THE perfect kid car. We have three kids and it is such an absolute dream vehicle for them (and me!). Getting in and out is so much easier than it was with our car. I looove the sliding doors and huge doorways. I will never ever go back to a regular car or SUV again. This car is darn near perfect! Love the new look too! Almost doesn't even feel like a minivan!"

It's the best vehicle ever!

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "comfort to drive and interior,luxury.roomy."

Cons: "price,constant vibration,sluggish start,noisy."

"I bought this car on Christmas Eve. what a wonderful car! the interior and exterior looks luxurious,and inside it is roomy and comfortable too.the only thing I wonder is sometime when you accelerate,it kind of vibrates. even though I love this car,especially,the comfortableness when you drive. I give this car five stars."

Very disappointed

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "Seats are a little more comfortable"

Cons: "stereo is awful, poor quality overall"

"I bought this van 6 weeks ago. I previously owned a 2006 Odyssey and loved it. (Until the transmission started slipping and the engine mounts were in need of replacement) The 2006 was built soo much better! It was quieter, the stereo system was great, acceleration was perfect, never any vibrations. I have been disappointed with my 2012 since the day I brought it home. I wish I had taken it back and never traded my 2006. The blue tooth was the first problem. It continuously switched from handsfree to phone and said there was no connection even though it was connected. The plastic between the passenger interior door and the sliding door has popped off so I need to have that serviced. It feels like there is a constant vibration and the engine sounds like it is knocking. Now when I turn in to my driveway or make a turn something cracks and creaks in my wheels. I hope my rotors are not getting ready to act up, too. My 2006 had a constant rotor problem, even after having them replaced and then turned. I feel like now, I will not get my money back if I trade. I wish I had my old van back, even with the troubles it had. I think the older Odysseys were built much better. Beware of the 2012."

It changed my way of thinking

By on Monday, January 02, 2012

Pros: "great price, comfortable, lots of storage"

Cons: "no floor mat for the rear storage"

"I have always been a chevrolet person. My wife was looking for a family car that is great on gas. So we shopped for three months looking and comparing. Her mind was made up with two choices the 2012 Ford Explorer and the 2012 Honda Odyssey. We test drove both of them. And boy was I surprised on how the Honda performed. It's extremely more comfortable, better on gas, and more storage for those long trips. Great for the extra passengers that might tag along on sleepovers or attending friday night football games. I was very surprised and extremely happy. for the same price as the Explorer XLT we had more upgrades: back up camera, leather, seats 8 people, heated seats, moon roof, navigation. the Ford Explorer only has one power seat as where the Honda has more."

Best Minivan

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "Size, room for 8 and gas milage"

Cons: "cost but can get over it."

"I have owned two Nissan Quests and they do not come close in matching up."

Best minivan

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "Leg room,spacious interiors and comfortable drive"

Cons: "mileage,difficult to upload photos to wallpaper"

"Brought this minivan after much debate about a Pilot and Odyssey but in the end the space in Odyssey was a clincher.It is much roomier and more comfortable to drive than a Pilot.WE have friends and relatives visiting us frequently and fitting in 8 people is not a problem.The drive is smooth and on the highway you hardly hear any noise.Blue tooth works like a dream and the voice clarity is very good.Connect your ipod to the USB cable and you can control your ipod through the dials on the dashboard. Overall we are very happy with this minivan.The only feature we could not use was the USB drive-we tried uploading our family photographs to the wallpaper on the dashboard but the photos do not get uploaded.I tried various methods-reducing the file size,trying USB devices from friends but still could not upload the photographs."

So far so........GREAT!!!

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"I had a 2008 Chrysler Town and Country until 2 months ago. I loved it , but the transmission had to be replaced in this van within the first 3 months... And then I had problems with it going on and on. still liked it though. What made me switch to Honda - were the seats. Chrysler's leather seats are the most uncomfortable seats I ever sat in. I even put a piece of plastic to even out that hill growing in the middle. So far Honda's seats have performed outstandingly! I travel to work at least 2 hours a day. My Chrysler's average was 16 ml per gallon. Now with Honda it is around 23. So it's still pricy, but better already. My Chrysler had a DVD with 2 screens - for 2nd and 3rd row. Honda has only one screen for the 2nd row. We have NEVER used the one for the 3rd row in the Chrysler van, so we don't miss it too much. One thing that I liked better about Chrysler was the customer service. The kept fixing my van and were very cheerful all along. Thanks"

Great vehicle for travel and all around use.

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, ride, handling, interior, and reliability"

Cons: "A few more ponies, and underseat storage."

"I purchased the 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring in silver, on July 1st, and now have about 6,500 miles on it, which includes several trips to upstate NY and Pennsylvania. Rave reviews from passengers regarding the comfort and ride. One described it as better than a limousine, and she was sitting in the third row. Leather seats are great, and the driver's seat is very supportive. Handling is superb. I have previously owned a Toyota Sienna and a new Toyota Highlander with fabric seats, and found the seats to be very uncomfortable on long drives. Odyssey blows them away. If I had a wish list of improvements for this vehicle I would want: 1. 20 - 30 more horsepower and 2. a underseat passenger side storage tray. Vehicle is pricey, but you get what you pay for. I usually trade for a new vehicle every 3 years, but I would hold onto the Odyssey or buy a new one....it's that good. And the Honda reliability is a big factor also. Looked at a Chrysler T and C, but did not like the fact that they STILL have brake rotor warpage issues, for like 20 years! What's that about? And the interior had some cheap looking parts."

2012, lives up to the honda name in all Areas .

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"Have had the Odessy for one month. My wife has wanted one for years. Traded my 2008 Pilot for it. Thought I would be unhappy. I like the Odessey much better. It has more room and the ride is much better. It has more power and it is more fun to drive. My Pilot was the XLT with all the features you could ask for. The Odessey has it beat. I dont know about the gas Mileage, have not had lone enough. Around town and on small trips its around 22 mpg. Make sure you read the book. You will find out all kind of things about what the car can do."

I'm in love with a minivan

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"the whole family loves it. :)"

Nothing better than my Honda

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "Comfort and gas mileage."

Cons: "haven't found any yet (but I'm still trying)"

"This is my 2nd Odyssey and it is even nicer than before (if that was possible) I love the drive and the comfort of the interior. Its quiet and I get great gas mileage, especially when we take it on the road during vacations. Nothing out there even comes close...."

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned!

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable and roomy"

Cons: "Wish it got better gas mileage"

"We've driven almost 9,000 miles since we got the care in mid May. The car has been the best vehicle we have owned. There have been no problems with it. The Bluetooth has not been very clear, but I'm not sure I would really use it that much in a family minivan. It is roomy and very comfortable. My only wish it got better gas mileage."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next