2011 Honda Odyssey

Based on 109 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Best Minivan on the market

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Look and feel, they thought of everything"

Cons: "Needs AWD and better handling"

"I never thought I'd own a minivan but I never thought I'd have 4 kids! With that said, I told myself if I'm going to get a minivan, it's going to be the coolest minivan with all the bells and whistles out there! The Odyssey is so practical for families. I even took it on a guys fishing, mountain biking, rafting adventure and it was awesome. My buddies used to make fun of me, now they think it's way cool. Perfect road trip vehicle. My wife loves it too! The only cons are it would be nice if it had AWD. It doesn't do very well in the snow. The handling could be improved. It drives more like a bus than a car."

By on Friday, April 29, 2011

Tall drivers need not apply. Door height reduced.

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "reliable, best outside camera resolution"

Cons: "Short entrance, akward handling, highway squirm"

"Seats comfortable but have short seat backs. Drives great in straight line. Tires designed for fuel economy, not real driving. Handling is GM 60's led sled. Thick corner pillars front and back reduce visibility. Outside mirror position corresponds to my eyes (and my neighbor’s) blind spot. I find the on board entertainment awkward at best. Radio scan is not easily available when traveling without taking eyes off the road. No HD radio option (dozens of advertising free stations in my city). The change drawer wipes out the drivers knee if open when entering /exiting the van. OK for short driver that wants to bring canned entertainment. Alignment off when purchased (repaired under warranty). Zero other issues in 14 months."

Best Odyssey ever

By on Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pros: "great value"

"I have had four Odyssey minivans. This is by far the most reliable and fun to drive Solid car. I had given my children the older ones and my 2006 is still going strong at over 200k miles"

Love the car

By on Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pros: "Best car for the price"

Cons: "Road noise"

"This is not just a soccer moms car. It is great for us old people too. So easy to get in and out of for the old tired bones. We travel with other people our age (over 65) and everybody loves it. Six adults no problem. Fuel millage, I seen 30 but my overall is more like 24 mpg."

Ultimate Family Mobile!

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "Everything!"

Cons: "No sport model"

"If people can get over the stigma about minivan's the Honda Odyssey is easily the best family vehicle on the market! Safety, comfort, space, quality, reliability, etc. Any argument against the minivan will lose. Simply the best!"

Best Mini Van I have owned

By on Friday, May 29, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, joy to drive, options"

"I have had several mini vans but this was my first Honda. I purchased a 2011 EX-L and have had no issues with it. This is the first vehicle that I have ever owned that I traveled 57k miles before I needed to replace the original brakes. This was after 3 1/2 years. I have received many compliments on the ride of my odyssey. My father, who owned nothing but cadillacs said that the Odyssey rides better than any Cadillac that he has ever owned. I liked my 2011 Odyssey so much that I just recently traded it in on a 2015. Looking forward to having the same success."

Excellent vehicle

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive and see. Very reliable."

Cons: "Manufacture quality of interior could be higher."

"Its well designed and built. I bought this after my 2000 Odyssey had 220000 miles and needed $3k of maintenance. I've had no trouble with this van at all and no work done other than standard preventative. It has consistently started, run just fine, and been very comfortable on long trips despite being full of kid's college furniture. I drive slowly and carefully and have an average of 22MPG city and 31 Highway. Not bad for a minivan! I got the lowest end model one could buy and do wish the quality were higher. For example, there are carpet seams under the center row feet I think could have been avoided."

Like driving a box

By on Saturday, September 03, 2011

"If you need a box, then this is a nice one, but it has been very difficult for me to get used to the bulk necessary for a minivan. It is everything positive a minivan can be: roomy, comfy on 3rd row, nice little gadgets in front - but it is sluggish on the acceleration, difficult on the gas mileage, and ultimately not a fun vehicle to drive. So many people told me to give it a month and I will learn to love it - this has not been the case. I appreciate the space, just not the ride."

Best vehicle ever

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Cons: "wish the back seat safety belts were stationary"

"This is our second Odyssey and we've loved them both. Sold the older one to our best friends, we trusted it that much. This one will still be under warranty for another 5,000 miles and will sell it outright with no worries. Looking forward to the 2014."

I love my Van

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "Nice,fun to drive"

Cons: "Not 4WD"

"Yes i do love it,comfortable, elegant, beautiful.. But after this weather I NEED A 4WD..Very surprised Honda didnt add this feature..Because the Sienna has it..But really is upsetting haw much I paid for it,and the value Im getting..So I think would stay shoveling snow and being careful on the slipery roads :("

great minivan

By on Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pros: "Cargo room, mpg, handling, comfort"

Cons: "headrests, audio system, doors"

"I have owned an Odyssey EX for a couple of years now and I like it. It is very roomy and can haul my family of 5, the dog and all of our luggage when going on a vacation. It handles very well on the road and in the snow. I used to be scared to drive in the snow with my last car but this one is easier to maneuver. Although this is one of the better minivans, it has its low points. First of all, some areas, like the headrests, were not designed for comfort but more for style. Second, the automatic sliding doors are very slow, I once waited a couple of seconds after I saw the door closing and thought it was closed, but when I backed out I smashed the door into the side of my house. Third, the sliding doors don't like to stay closed, there are times when we shut the door and after it shuts will automatically open again on us, it takes a minute but finally we get the door closed and all if fine. Fourth, the audio system cannot be heard from the third row and you can barely hear it in the second row. Other than these, the Odyssey has been a very good car."

Great, if you are under six feet tall

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "Dependable and drives well with decent mileage"

Cons: "Not enough leg room in front or middle seats"

"The dash console is too wide and blocks your right leg into an upright position. The front seat tracks need more travel. Not enough room in the middle row if you are using car seats for children. This vehicle is not suitable for tall drivers and does not have a full power seat on the passenger side; an inexcusable lack in a vehicle that stickered for over $41,000. It also requires synthetic oil which makes oil changes very expensive."

This is a good vehicle,except no storage.

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "good dive and milage"

Cons: "no storage space and not too good dash"

"I had a 2012 Honda Odyssey. It had a storage space behind the passenger & driver's seats. It also had a small storage "glove box" over the regular glove box. The 2014 has no storage space. The storage space behind the Passenger & Driver's seat is now where your spare tire is located. The small glove box is also gone. I suspect the reason for relocating the spare tire is to install a vacuum cleaner. Wonder what that costs? I bet is well over $500.00. You can buy a vacuum cleaner for about $75.00 that will have more suction then the Honda vacuum. I am 77 years old, now imagine me or a woman trying to get a spare tire out of this stupid place--back injury location. The front dash is annoying with it's two visual displays. The one for the radio is not very useful-too many buttons to play with. I don't think the designers ever drive or own a minivan. This is probably my last Odyssey to own since they ruined it."

Best Car I Have Ever Owned!

By on Sunday, July 21, 2013

Reason: Best car I have ever owned. Traded

Pros: "Good Quality in and out, lots of room."

Cons: "Absolutely None!"

"Leased my Odyssey in 2007. We decided to buy it off lease because it is such a great vehicle. Just performed regular maintenance. The only mechanical thing replaced was the power steering pump at around 82,000 miles. My kids are now teenagers and driving their own cars, so we can now down size a bit. I just traded my 07 for a new Honda CRV. I hope the CRV is just as good of a car as my Odyssey. I loved my Odyssey I'm sure it still has many more years left on it. I'm going to miss it!"

over priced Vehicle!

By on Saturday, January 29, 2011

"I got this van four weeks ago and since very second day i had plastics on dash board popping out. Right passanger sliding door is making noise (seems like it is ratteling). even alignment was off. the van drives well. speakers are not that great."

Not very good car

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "Space"

Cons: "driving"

"So me and my wife were very happy to get the new car. this was back in February. not 2 days laster we needed to go back as the car was shaking like crazy soon as we would get near 50 mph. they made some changes and it got better, but 2 weeks laster we ned to go again for same problem. we were told that thats the way its suppose to be. I didn't believe that brand new car suppose to shake so bad and thats so unstable at relatively low speeds. since than we had to take the car for service and recall and both times this was addressed with dealer and both times there was no improvement. the last visit we payed 100$ to reinstall all the tiers again. and guess what there was no improvement. I am extremely disappointed with the way this car drives and I would not recommend this to anyone."

2014 EX - Best Odyssey Yet

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "Honda build quality, quite/ smooth ride & Honda V6"

Cons: "Not thrilled with exterior styling"

"Purchased last Oct, haven't put many miles on yet but planning many road trips this summer. Pros; Fit/finish, quiet/smooth highway ride, nicely finished and appointed interior for a mid trim level. Drives more like a luxury sedan than a mini van, smooth and quiet Honda engine and overall a very well built vehicle. The gear shift on the 07 vibrated a little at low to mid speeds (50-60mph) The 2014, none of that, smooth and quiet like you would expect from a Honda product. Resale value on the Odyssey tends to be very good. Cons; Not thrilled with the exterior styling, liked the exterior styling on my 07 better."

Great family car

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Honda reliability, comfortable seating, quit cabin"

Cons: "city milage not great. Slow pick up on speed"

"This is our second Odyssey. The first one has 206,000 on it. The 2013 comes with great features and reliability. The interior is very quit, noticeably different from the old one ;)and also by Infinity I35. Seating is comfortable for 8 passengers."

Very nice car, comfortable & reliable

By on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Cons: "Too much road noise"

"way too much road noise, if this was corrected it would almost be a 10"

fantastic!

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

"Great vehicle, especially for those with children! The room the van has is awesome, it drives great, and looks nice too! My favorite van to date."

Best Odyssey ever!

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "Refinement, size, gas mileage"

Cons: "A little bit underpowered, price"

"We purchased a 2014 Odyssey Touring Elite in October 2013. Currently at 14,500 miles with no problems whatsoever. Purchased our first Odyssey in 2005 and our second in 2008 and will keep buying as long as they are produced. Ride quality and NVH of the 2014 is exceptional -- as quiet and refined as a luxury car. Engine feels a little bit underpowered but that is a small complaint. Averaging about 22.5 mpg in mixed city/highway travel."

Great car, but Bluetooth it fails MISERABLY!

By on Thursday, June 02, 2011

Pros: "Great car, driving and gas millage."

Cons: "Bluetooth connectivity, overall quality."

"I bought the 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring TWICE! My first one was when the 2011's first came out. I had problems with it from day 1. The tire pressure monitoring system went haywire five minutes from buying it. Then the bluetooth on my phone went crazy with the car. During calls it would go from the car to the handset to the car and handset. Back and fourth. Drove me crazy! So Honda replaced the bluetooth module and still the same thing. Thought it just was a bad car, so I traded it in on a Touring Elite. The first few weeks it was fine but then after again bluetooth problems. I have tried other phones, other carriers and still the same thing. Which in reality is a safety hazard. And will even get you some points in NY if you pick up your phone, which you have to do when this happens. Otherwise it's a great car. I'm getting ready to trade it in on a Chrysler. Honda what happened???????? Also I bought the beige interior, it seems to not stay clean, both cars started looking dirty on the leather. The overall quality is not what it use to be. Even the fit and finish around the rear hatch is sloppy. The opening around the sunroof is not good either. Honda, watch out, Chrysler may just catch up to you.....Don't worry about Sienna, unless you like driving a living room sofa."

Good vehicle but...

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "easy in and out for the kids"

Cons: "not cool, soft window panels."

"This is a great vehicle (we have only had it for 4 months). This is our first Honda. Great and convienient for kids HOWEVER, the front window panels are very soft and hold indentions well. We have dogs that ride EVEYWHERE with us and have made marks on the window panel on the drivers and passenger side.We have three other cars/trucks and have never run into this issue mainly because this piece is made of a much harder and mnore durable material.We are a little upset being this is a minivan that should hold up to a lot of wear and tear. Otherwise we would have scored it a 5/5 on all areas."

Fulfills our reasons we acquired the Odyssey.

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "Excellent for long road trips. Drives well."

"Excellent for long road trips. Plenty of storage for golf clubs, luggage, and hanging clothes. Drives like a luxury car."