2010 Honda Odyssey

Based on 686 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Previous | 1 ... 25 26 27 28 | Next

Surprising

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"I never thought I would drive a minivan, but the test drive of the Odyssey changed my mind. Amazing interior, comfort, best in class safety and style. Buy the one with navigation, it's well worth it. But most importantly, test drive one before you make your decision."

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Great but could use more child anchors

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"We have three children under 3 years old - and this van has been wonderful for us, except: For some reason, Honda has chosen to put only one child anchor in the back and no more can be added. This wouldn't be an issue for older children, but it is for some car seats. The odyssey does have the latch system for the rear seats. our nearly- three year old can only be placed in the rear center. so when the 22 month old reaches the point where he has an older seat, we have fewer options. i hear that the later version of the odyssey have corrected this, but i haven't verified yet. but overall, we have found the odyssey to be comfortable for our growing family. handles well, good sound, and pretty easy to get into and out of. we will certainly consider another odyssey when i trade in my accord next year"

Best minivan period

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"This is a great buy. If you are considering a LX model, opt for an EX or higher, they come with a lot more features for not that much more money. Very good car for 7 and even 8. Good handling and plenty of pickup. Reaches aggressive highway speeds with ease."

By on Monday, November 12, 2007

Honda 05'Touring

By on Friday, November 09, 2007

"Very reliable at 32,000 miles. Run flat tires are a joke. get less miles on them,take 1 hr.each to replace or repair,cost $1,000 if you're lucky. Only dealer can change or fix flats because of special PAX machine needed to do the job. The 3 most annoying isues are the programable seats which don't change the side mirrors,steering tilt , and only start working after the door is opened leaving me standing in the rain while my 6'body waits for the seat to move back from my wifes 5'1" seat adjustment. The comparable Chrysle rvan change right after you hit the key fob so everything is adjusted as needed as soon as you enter the car. Roof rack should come with cross bars standard for this price.Should have 1 touch sunroof forward and back.Roof rack adjustment requires an allen wrench to adjust..That's crazy. chrysler has a hand lever..no tools necessary. This is a quiet van except for the road noise. That's generally a problem with Honda vehicles..Road noise..Don't know why. i like this van but the things that bother me are very frustrating. The electronic dash is a headache to figure out on the Touring addition . Even the dealer has trouble understanding it. Way more complex than needed. Gas mileage is mediocre. In the end..i like it but don't love it and wish Honda would learn fom Chrysler about ergonomics . I suggest NOT buying the Touring edition because of the complicated electronics and crazy run flat tires..The local deale rtold me the new high end Accord will be comming with run-flats too and he also wasn't looking forward to that happening. They're all wrong!..mostly i like the van and it could be better with a little more thought."

Best VAN in the market

By on Thursday, November 08, 2007

"I've upgraded my '04 model to the '06 model and I big fan the Honda and their products. I have been pretty pleased with the van and its performance and style. The best part is the comfort and the amount of space you get. I would totally recommend this vehicle to my friends and family members."

By on Friday, November 02, 2007

By on Thursday, November 01, 2007

Disappointment on fuel econ. but overall good

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"We bought the EX with the hopes of getting better gas milage. Most of my driving is along surface streets, not freeway. I am averaging a meager 15 mpg. I do get better gas miliage when going on long trips, but not ever close to 28 mpg as advertised. Also, after 13,000 miles, my front breaks have already been resurfaced, under warranty, and retrofitted due to some deep grinding. Finally, we have a phantom noise/scrape under the gas pedal somewhere. Upon starting the van and accelerating to 10mph, we get a scuff/scrape through the pedal. The problem is that everytime I've taken it back to the dealer, the scuff doesn't occur for them, making me look crazy or something. On the bright side, it is extremely comfortable and it has great safety features. It is a smooth ride with a lot of power. Not as quiet as I'd hoped though."

LOVE the Odyssey!!

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"I had an SUV for 9 years and was hesitant to make the Minivan leap...GLAD I DID!!! This Adyssey is AWESOME! We bought a 2007 EXL model, brand new. It is so easy to drive, comfortable, stylish, lots of cool interior features, storage options galore and the kids love it! We have two kids ages 9 and 6 and the can't wait to go anywhere just to ride in it. In 3 days I have already configured the seats 2 or 3 different ways by just a simple lift of a lever. The only thing missing is a hookup for my iPod...other than that, nocomplaints."

Safest vehicle

By on Thursday, October 25, 2007

"We were traveling in NYC in July 2007 and we were rear ended on a highway by a Quest Mini van driver. It was a total loss for our Honda Odyssey but all of us were safe because of the safety features of this vehicle."

Somewhat disappointed

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"We were involved in an accident and had to buy a vehicle quickly. We wanted a Chrysler Town & Country but could not find one in our area so we bought the Odyssey. We made a 4,000 mile journey a week after we purchased. The vehicle drove very well and was comfortable. We had some problems trying to get the doors to lock and unlock automatically. It shouldn't be so difficult to program this. We believe that Honda's should have day-time running lights. It is an important feature that is lacking on this vehicle. Also all of our previous vehicles had a monitor for gas mileage, range, gallons used, compass, etc. This vehicle does not. We hate where the outside temp is located. Only the driver can see it. If we had known that only the "Touring" model had a lot of the features we are used to, we would have bought it. There wasn't one available at the time. For the price, in comparison to the Town and Country, it is missing a lot of little extra features that we like. Very disappointing. We also hate the little tray table between seats, we would much rather have a console for storing odds and ends- much safer and neater. And we also hate all of the little pieces of carpet that have to be snapped into place. There should be a better way. My husband was disgusted that the vehicle comes with two bars on top, but not the rest of the car rack, they are available as an option. Again, these are standard on a higher end Dodge or Chrysler product. We will see in the future how we like the vehicle over all. At his time, we are slightly disappointed in it."

Safe

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"My daughter in law and grandkids were hit broadside. The car was a mess but they were safe. A real miracle. The car is a great car will replace it with the same."

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"The only thing I wish this vehicle had that it doesn't is turning lights (Like the 96 Villager it replaced). We bought the EX-L with the NAV/entertainment package. The handling for the minivan is unsurpassed (and car-like). We've put 16000 miles on it in 5 months, and it still rides smoothly. There is a little more road noise than I'd like in a "luxury" vehicle....but it blows the competition out of the water. I like being able to use the key fob button to open the side doors when my arms are full. The NAV with voice control is awesome and beats after-market GPS with it's large touch screen and location (it hides the cd changer and sits low enough in the dash that the sun doesn't make the screen unreadable). The Honda Nav also doesn't have the "nanny" the Garmin aftermarkets have that won't let the passenger reprogram the directions while the car is moving. We were skeptical about NAV systems and their usefulness, but this has proven to be essential and well worth the extra expense. We did not go with the touring model because the cost of replacement run-flat tires didn't justify the price of the vehicle (or the tires). I am absolutely satisfied with this vehicle like none other. It's comfortable, roomy, and accommodates my harps with the fold flat rear seats. We test-drove all the competitor vans and this one rose above. Toyota made the fatal mistake of not having any vans with moon/sun roofs on their lots, and everyone knows aftermarket sun/moon roofs almost always leak. Toyota Siennas also had cosmetic interior detailing that looked and felt cheap. My Odyssey has superb engineering and ergonomics. Like I said, I wish Honda would add turning lights to illuminate corners while turning. Then it would be perfect. The only hiccup I had is for some reason, the glove box latch got stuck, and I didn't trust that the service dept. wouldn't charge me by saying we overstuffed it (their labor charge, at $95/hour is ridiculous). My husband managed to free the mechanism and clean it up so it actuated smoother. The only other complaint I had is that it came with too much oil in the joint of the parking brake pedal, and it dripped on and stained the carpet. If you get one, wipe the exterior of that joint down to remove the excess."

Poor Gas Mileage

By on Thursday, October 18, 2007

"The vehicle is fine for travelling the highways but around town, it is a gas hog. Traded in a 4x4 Titan to get this vehicle and use the family car for a commuter. Did not save any fuel costs over the Titan around town. Sticker says 19mpg but average is closer to 14mpg city. It does perform well on the highway getting nearly 24 mpg at constant highway speeds. It is also noisy and would look to the Toyota van for a more comfortable ride."

Great Mini Van

By on Thursday, October 18, 2007

"Great Mini Van - would recommend to all!"

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"Great ride...like a portable family room. Wish it were a little more stylish than a van, but overall a great great auto!"

Not the perfect, but it is OK

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"I have a 2005 EXL with NAV/DVD with over 31,000 miles for 28 months. Gone through with two recalls. Fixed the steering wheel, front brake pad, DVD/Radio replacements. Two dealers tried to fix various external and internal trims without luck. The fit and workmanship are no way compared with those made in Japan. The plastic panels in the car are very easy for scratch. Problem with the Nav, but it fixed itself. On the other side, I like it style, tight steering, which gives me a feel of a BMW. The seats are very comfortable. I just got a deal I could not refused in October 2007. Traded in my 2005 for the extra configuration for a 2007 for $5,000 plus tax. I would recommend it over American minivan. I have got through 4 Chrysler, and a 2004, 2005 and finally a 2007 Odyssey."

Not What I Expected

By on Sunday, October 14, 2007

"Heck with all the hoopla, this is my first Honda, first non american vehicle and it is the worst one I have ever owned, what a complete disapointment. Motor replaced at 7,000 miles, had a shake in the steering wheel from day one, replaced 10 tires 5 rims and had 18 service calls.. Finally they fix it 9 months later at another dealer.. It was the steering rack.. Interior plastic scratches very easy, plastic coating is peeling off rear bumper.. Plastic coating underneath sliding door is coming up..I would have thought this was a Ford."

regetting this van

By on Saturday, October 13, 2007

"I traded my 02 Sequoia for this van and regretted it after about 6 months of driving. Fuel economy was not expected...Sequoia had same if not better. Braking is very poor; had my mechanic check the brakes and said pads were very think even after 30K miles and yet the brakes do not respond well. traction is poor in the snow; was difficult to get up my driveway and it is a very low pitch. Handling is horrible, fear of the common AC condensor breaking due to rocks. Only thing I like is the interior convenience and the roominess. If I were to buy a van again I would go Sienna or back to SUV."

By on Friday, October 12, 2007

Even better than I thought it would be!

By on Thursday, October 04, 2007

"We have really enjoyed this van. It drives smoothly and has the feel of a luxury vehicle. It's automatic side sliding doors are very convenient with the kids as well as the keyless entry. We've gone on several trips already and were VERY comfortable with its roomy interior. One was for 13 days and we were still able to fit all our stuff inside! We haven't had any problems with it and would definitely recommend it to anyone."

By on Sunday, September 30, 2007