2010 Honda Odyssey

Based on 677 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Previous | 1 ... 25 26 27 28 | Next

Disappointment on fuel econ. but overall good

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"We bought the EX with the hopes of getting better gas milage. Most of my driving is along surface streets, not freeway. I am averaging a meager 15 mpg. I do get better gas miliage when going on long trips, but not ever close to 28 mpg as advertised. Also, after 13,000 miles, my front breaks have already been resurfaced, under warranty, and retrofitted due to some deep grinding. Finally, we have a phantom noise/scrape under the gas pedal somewhere. Upon starting the van and accelerating to 10mph, we get a scuff/scrape through the pedal. The problem is that everytime I've taken it back to the dealer, the scuff doesn't occur for them, making me look crazy or something. On the bright side, it is extremely comfortable and it has great safety features. It is a smooth ride with a lot of power. Not as quiet as I'd hoped though."

LOVE the Odyssey!!

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"I had an SUV for 9 years and was hesitant to make the Minivan leap...GLAD I DID!!! This Adyssey is AWESOME! We bought a 2007 EXL model, brand new. It is so easy to drive, comfortable, stylish, lots of cool interior features, storage options galore and the kids love it! We have two kids ages 9 and 6 and the can't wait to go anywhere just to ride in it. In 3 days I have already configured the seats 2 or 3 different ways by just a simple lift of a lever. The only thing missing is a hookup for my iPod...other than that, nocomplaints."

Safest vehicle

By on Thursday, October 25, 2007

"We were traveling in NYC in July 2007 and we were rear ended on a highway by a Quest Mini van driver. It was a total loss for our Honda Odyssey but all of us were safe because of the safety features of this vehicle."

Somewhat disappointed

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"We were involved in an accident and had to buy a vehicle quickly. We wanted a Chrysler Town & Country but could not find one in our area so we bought the Odyssey. We made a 4,000 mile journey a week after we purchased. The vehicle drove very well and was comfortable. We had some problems trying to get the doors to lock and unlock automatically. It shouldn't be so difficult to program this. We believe that Honda's should have day-time running lights. It is an important feature that is lacking on this vehicle. Also all of our previous vehicles had a monitor for gas mileage, range, gallons used, compass, etc. This vehicle does not. We hate where the outside temp is located. Only the driver can see it. If we had known that only the "Touring" model had a lot of the features we are used to, we would have bought it. There wasn't one available at the time. For the price, in comparison to the Town and Country, it is missing a lot of little extra features that we like. Very disappointing. We also hate the little tray table between seats, we would much rather have a console for storing odds and ends- much safer and neater. And we also hate all of the little pieces of carpet that have to be snapped into place. There should be a better way. My husband was disgusted that the vehicle comes with two bars on top, but not the rest of the car rack, they are available as an option. Again, these are standard on a higher end Dodge or Chrysler product. We will see in the future how we like the vehicle over all. At his time, we are slightly disappointed in it."

Safe

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"My daughter in law and grandkids were hit broadside. The car was a mess but they were safe. A real miracle. The car is a great car will replace it with the same."

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"The only thing I wish this vehicle had that it doesn't is turning lights (Like the 96 Villager it replaced). We bought the EX-L with the NAV/entertainment package. The handling for the minivan is unsurpassed (and car-like). We've put 16000 miles on it in 5 months, and it still rides smoothly. There is a little more road noise than I'd like in a "luxury" vehicle....but it blows the competition out of the water. I like being able to use the key fob button to open the side doors when my arms are full. The NAV with voice control is awesome and beats after-market GPS with it's large touch screen and location (it hides the cd changer and sits low enough in the dash that the sun doesn't make the screen unreadable). The Honda Nav also doesn't have the "nanny" the Garmin aftermarkets have that won't let the passenger reprogram the directions while the car is moving. We were skeptical about NAV systems and their usefulness, but this has proven to be essential and well worth the extra expense. We did not go with the touring model because the cost of replacement run-flat tires didn't justify the price of the vehicle (or the tires). I am absolutely satisfied with this vehicle like none other. It's comfortable, roomy, and accommodates my harps with the fold flat rear seats. We test-drove all the competitor vans and this one rose above. Toyota made the fatal mistake of not having any vans with moon/sun roofs on their lots, and everyone knows aftermarket sun/moon roofs almost always leak. Toyota Siennas also had cosmetic interior detailing that looked and felt cheap. My Odyssey has superb engineering and ergonomics. Like I said, I wish Honda would add turning lights to illuminate corners while turning. Then it would be perfect. The only hiccup I had is for some reason, the glove box latch got stuck, and I didn't trust that the service dept. wouldn't charge me by saying we overstuffed it (their labor charge, at $95/hour is ridiculous). My husband managed to free the mechanism and clean it up so it actuated smoother. The only other complaint I had is that it came with too much oil in the joint of the parking brake pedal, and it dripped on and stained the carpet. If you get one, wipe the exterior of that joint down to remove the excess."

Poor Gas Mileage

By on Thursday, October 18, 2007

"The vehicle is fine for travelling the highways but around town, it is a gas hog. Traded in a 4x4 Titan to get this vehicle and use the family car for a commuter. Did not save any fuel costs over the Titan around town. Sticker says 19mpg but average is closer to 14mpg city. It does perform well on the highway getting nearly 24 mpg at constant highway speeds. It is also noisy and would look to the Toyota van for a more comfortable ride."

Great Mini Van

By on Thursday, October 18, 2007

"Great Mini Van - would recommend to all!"

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"Great ride...like a portable family room. Wish it were a little more stylish than a van, but overall a great great auto!"

Not the perfect, but it is OK

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"I have a 2005 EXL with NAV/DVD with over 31,000 miles for 28 months. Gone through with two recalls. Fixed the steering wheel, front brake pad, DVD/Radio replacements. Two dealers tried to fix various external and internal trims without luck. The fit and workmanship are no way compared with those made in Japan. The plastic panels in the car are very easy for scratch. Problem with the Nav, but it fixed itself. On the other side, I like it style, tight steering, which gives me a feel of a BMW. The seats are very comfortable. I just got a deal I could not refused in October 2007. Traded in my 2005 for the extra configuration for a 2007 for $5,000 plus tax. I would recommend it over American minivan. I have got through 4 Chrysler, and a 2004, 2005 and finally a 2007 Odyssey."

Not What I Expected

By on Sunday, October 14, 2007

"Heck with all the hoopla, this is my first Honda, first non american vehicle and it is the worst one I have ever owned, what a complete disapointment. Motor replaced at 7,000 miles, had a shake in the steering wheel from day one, replaced 10 tires 5 rims and had 18 service calls.. Finally they fix it 9 months later at another dealer.. It was the steering rack.. Interior plastic scratches very easy, plastic coating is peeling off rear bumper.. Plastic coating underneath sliding door is coming up..I would have thought this was a Ford."

regetting this van

By on Saturday, October 13, 2007

"I traded my 02 Sequoia for this van and regretted it after about 6 months of driving. Fuel economy was not expected...Sequoia had same if not better. Braking is very poor; had my mechanic check the brakes and said pads were very think even after 30K miles and yet the brakes do not respond well. traction is poor in the snow; was difficult to get up my driveway and it is a very low pitch. Handling is horrible, fear of the common AC condensor breaking due to rocks. Only thing I like is the interior convenience and the roominess. If I were to buy a van again I would go Sienna or back to SUV."

By on Friday, October 12, 2007

Even better than I thought it would be!

By on Thursday, October 04, 2007

"We have really enjoyed this van. It drives smoothly and has the feel of a luxury vehicle. It's automatic side sliding doors are very convenient with the kids as well as the keyless entry. We've gone on several trips already and were VERY comfortable with its roomy interior. One was for 13 days and we were still able to fit all our stuff inside! We haven't had any problems with it and would definitely recommend it to anyone."

By on Sunday, September 30, 2007

I love this van

By on Saturday, September 29, 2007

"I would be laughed @ everyday to get to drive this mini van! Call me a soccer mom!"

Best Van ever !

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"If you want a reliable van, you found it. This van is safe and economic. Mine hits 25 mpg. on highway with cruise control at 65 mph."

OVERALL GOOD VEHICLE

By on Saturday, September 22, 2007

"INTERIOR IS NOT THE BEST QUALITY. LEATHER FOR SEATS IS VERY THIN. ARMRESTS ARE UNCOMFORTABLE. FRONT END OF BUMPER SITS VERY LOW, EASY TO DAMAGE IN SNOW, PARKING, ETC."

biggest minivan

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"This is a great car for families needing to haul things with them on trips, as well as loading purchases. However, the drawback i have found would be the PAX system tires. They are very expensive and very low mileage tires for such an expensive car."

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"Love this van. It has everything. The ride of luxury car but the room and extra space of a van. I never thought I would own a van but now that I do, I just love it."

odyssy

By on Monday, September 10, 2007

"Best resale value in a van. It's very durable and roomy. It glides on the road"

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2007