2009 Honda Odyssey

Based on 714 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Doesn't work well in the snow.

By on Saturday, October 24, 2009

"I purchased a 2005 Odyssey about 3 years ago. It had only 16,000 miles. Now it has 36,000. I have issues with the minivan not being able to go up our dirt rock road when there is snow on the ground even with only minimal traces after being plowed. I also find that it doesn't have good traction on the road when it snows. I almost went through someones house b/c there was 1 inch of snow on the ground. We put our camping tent and other stuff in it and the back rear wheel wells are very close to touching the tires. We have to keep it in the garage when the snow comes b/c it just doesn't work well/safe. I am going to trade it in for a suburban 4X4."

Sold it!

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"Bought an 08 EX-L new in Feb '08. We put 18K on it in the first year, and had sparatic problems with the power door on the driver's side, the heat when in Flagstaff, the gear shift knob broke within the first several months, and the handle to pull down the rear hatch had to be the cheapest part on the vehicle. I got pretty close to what I paid for the van new when selling it, but it just wasn't impressive for the price. Honda needs to step up their game with the standard equipment if they want to stay competitive. It seems crazy to pay $30K for a van and not even get automatic headlamps when you can pay $20K and get everything this van offered plus more in a Hyundai or Kia."

one of the best

By on Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"This van is one of the best that i"ve had in my life. I"ve driven Dodge, Fords, Chryslers, before but by far my favorite is the Honda Odyssey. Lots of spacious comfortable room,more than enough power that i want and a nice vehichle style."

Best Minivan Ever

By on Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"This is truly the best minivan ever. This is our 5th minivan (over a 20 year period) and I have to say it is hands down the best of all. It drives like a smaller vehicle. Lots of room for adult size bodies. Too many great features to mention but here are a few: 3rd seat easy fold down storage, middle seats slide back and forth for ease of entry into back and easy adjustments for leg room, second seat up/down windows. Out of the 6 in our family, none of us can agree on our favorite feature! THERE ARE JUST SO MANY GREAT FEATURES! This is a quality vehicle that we look forward to driving for years to come."

Terrible in the snow

By on Monday, February 9, 2009

"If you live in a snowy area, look for something else. This is the worst vehicle for snow covered roads."

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. The runflat tires are expensive but worth the piece of mind they provide during the many rode trips we take. We pull a pop up trailer with it and still get 20 mpg average, and it has no problems pulling it, even in the mountains."

Favorite vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"W have a 2001 Odyssey with 90,000 miles and did not even look at other vehicles when we decided to add a second vehicle. The newer vehicle is just as reliable, just as comfortable, and just as economical as the older one. They are the best vehicles we have ever owned."

One year-43000mi-$0maint

By on Saturday, January 3, 2009

"Bought this van in Dec 2007 knowing we were going to put many miles on it. Here it is one year later and 43000 miles later. This is the most comfortable, best handeling, convenient vehicle we have ever owned. It consistantly gets 25 to 27 miles per gallon (I do run a light foot on the accelerator but don't hold back on the speed). I do my own oil and filter changes every 5000 miles and thats all that has been needed so far. I expect to get over 200,000 from this vehicle and do not have any doubts it will come through. Having all the bells and whistles have been fun and the navigation system works super great. I will be a Honda fan from now on. PS - I bought a new Honda Fit last December also and am having the same results. Love them both."

Safe and High Tech all in one

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"Love this vehicle! The rear camera should be a standard safety feature for all vehicles. Don't skimp on the trim level, the features you get going to the EX-L with Navigation and Rear Entertainment System gives you a rear camera, the seamless variable cylinder engine (goes from 6 cyl. to 3 automatically to save gas on the Hwy!!) and a curtain side airbag for safety on all three rows! Turning radius is phenomemal! Easy to drive and lots of power. Packed with features for the kids; can watch videos, hook up a gaming system while I listen to XM radio! Touring version adds rear power liftgate and adjustable pedals! But don't get the run flat tires (expensive new tires that wear down more than average), unless you absolutely don't think you could find someone to fix a flat. The '09 comes with an iPod port!! My previous cars were a Suburban and a Land Rover. No comparison. This is the ultimate family vehicle: Affordable, high tech, powerful, AND most important, SAFE."

Best Van Ever Owned

By on Saturday, November 8, 2008

"Over all our 2006 Honda Odyssey has been an outstanding van to own and to drive. The only draw back was the Pax-System tires and wheels. Which came on the 06 Odyssey touring model. Not only is the ride ruff, but when you need to replace the tires the cost is over $300 per tire! And you can only replace with Pax-System or you have to do a wheel replacement which still costs over $300 each wheel. The Pax-System tires are not very good for driving in the snow."

overpriced at 42,ooo.oo out the door

By on Saturday, September 13, 2008

"Had trouble with run flat pax tire system from day one. I own a 05 touring that came with these tires as standard equipment. Tires wearing out every 11,ooo mi. at 550.00 each. No help from Honda or Michelin. Had to retrofit to EX model rims and non run flat tires at 2000.00 expense. Touring model no longer comes with these pax tires because of class action lawsuit against Honda and Michelin. Quite disappointed in Honda for letting their customers down. Stay away from the Michelin pax tire system. Should have looked harder at the Toyota Sienna."

Buy Touring

By on Sunday, April 13, 2008

"If you are going to spend the money to buy a honda Odyssey you might as throw in the extra couple of thousand and get the Touring model. It does everything for you but drive itself. Auto headlights, power liftgate and sliding doors, back up cam, parking sensors, navi, voice control, rear dvd, tire presure monitors with run flat tires and much more. It still gets awsome gas milage for a minivan with the Variable Cylinder Managment on the v-6 motor. Great vechicle with tons of room for the family. Oh yeah it has a cup holder too, actually it has 13 cup holders, that's enough cup holders to hold a whole twelve pack at once."

Our second...2000 then 2007

By on Friday, December 14, 2007

"Our first Odyssey was a 2000 LX. We tried to drive it into the ground, almost 200,000 miles, and traded it in June 2007 for a 2007. We had no issues with the 2000 except that the AC compressor failed while under warranty, even though it was the first year for the model. Our new one is a 2000 EX-L. We now wish that we got the entertainment system but otherwise we love it. Only dislike is the ‘bridge’ seat for the center row, why include it? BTW: The gas mileage is awesome with the system that shut down cylinders when the torque is not required. Make sure you buy a model with this feature."

Awesome Odyessy 2007!

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"Husband said we were not Minivan people when I mentioned trading our Trailblazer in for this van. We are only 28, but had 8yr old and a new baby which getting a carseat in and out of our EXT SUV was Aahhh! Someone would always park too close to even get the door open enough to fit carseat in! Well, buying this van definitly changed his mind! We took it on vacation to the beach within a few weeks and got 500 miles to a tank of gas! Very comfortable and well, getting kids in now was a breeze. even if the weather was bad, I could even open the power sliding doors and get in with baby to finish getting him srapped in seat, for young parents as well as older this is the sharpest, coolest minivan ever. This is definitly the only one I will ever own. Already looking in to selling however so I can get a new 2008 with back up camara built in mirror! Too cool!"

Best minivan period

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"This is a great buy. If you are considering a LX model, opt for an EX or higher, they come with a lot more features for not that much more money. Very good car for 7 and even 8. Good handling and plenty of pickup. Reaches aggressive highway speeds with ease."

Disappointment on fuel econ. but overall good

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"We bought the EX with the hopes of getting better gas milage. Most of my driving is along surface streets, not freeway. I am averaging a meager 15 mpg. I do get better gas miliage when going on long trips, but not ever close to 28 mpg as advertised. Also, after 13,000 miles, my front breaks have already been resurfaced, under warranty, and retrofitted due to some deep grinding. Finally, we have a phantom noise/scrape under the gas pedal somewhere. Upon starting the van and accelerating to 10mph, we get a scuff/scrape through the pedal. The problem is that everytime I've taken it back to the dealer, the scuff doesn't occur for them, making me look crazy or something. On the bright side, it is extremely comfortable and it has great safety features. It is a smooth ride with a lot of power. Not as quiet as I'd hoped though."

OVERALL GOOD VEHICLE

By on Saturday, September 22, 2007

"INTERIOR IS NOT THE BEST QUALITY. LEATHER FOR SEATS IS VERY THIN. ARMRESTS ARE UNCOMFORTABLE. FRONT END OF BUMPER SITS VERY LOW, EASY TO DAMAGE IN SNOW, PARKING, ETC."

good family ride

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"Nice vehicle. A little pricey, but it's a Honda so what do you expect. Holds resale very well. We bought the base model and it still has alot of extras. I am a truck man, but this vehicle has alot of "get up and go." Gas mileage is kind of low; 19 / 22, but it is a larger, heavier vehicle than most others. Overall great family vehicle."

Excellent mini van to travel in. Very Good car.

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pros: "Great visability and easy to drive"

Cons: "Car is Noisy over 40 miles per hour"

"The EX-L comes fully loaded. Heated seats, DVD entertainment system, back up camera and navigation. Love this car! Only complaints would be that it is a bit noisy, air blowing around front fire wall, more noticeable on the highway and gas mileage is not very good."

comfortable and reliable. no mechanical problems.

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "very reliable."

Cons: "rode noise."

"Great van. A bit too much road noise but engine is very quiet. 83,000+ miles with only routine maintenance."

Great Ride-Great Value

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, leather in '07 model VERY comfortable"

Cons: "plastic cup holders, center console, Gas mpg"

"Very comfortable and reliable. Love the storage space and seats move in and out easily. Only negative is the plastic center console and cup holders are cheap - they are not deep enough to hold a bottle or cup (tip over when making turns). Wish it got better gas mileage! Currently 16mpg in city and sometimes 20mpg on road."

Comfortable, excellent economy, totally reliable

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

"25 mpg highway. First brake replacement at 111,000 miles. 55,000 miles on first tires. No repairs needed. Best Nav system ever used. Carries 6 adults in comfort."

Overall, our Odyssey has been a great family car.

By on Friday, March 7, 2014

Pros: "Great value, drives well, reliable"

Cons: "AWD would be nice for deep snow"

"My wife uses this car on a daily basis. Always reliable and easy to use, there's a reason why families like these cars. Unlike my full-size pick up, the Odyssey gets great gas mileage in town, and approaches 30 mpg on long trips, despite being loaded down with people and gear. We have used it for multiple trips of 1,000 miles or more each way, and even at 87k miles we don't hesitate to to take it on the road."

Great van none better

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "everything will done"

Cons: "nonthing"

"We love to drive and will buy another"

Greaat Car!

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and great turning radius."

Cons: "Wish back window opened."

"I have nothing but good things to say about this car. I bought it new and have never regretted the purchase. It handles like a sedan, but has plenty of hauling room. Everything still works after almost seven years of city traffic. I would buy another one again in a heartbeat but there's no need since this one is doing just fine."