2009 Honda Odyssey

Based on 669 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Previous | 1 ... 25 26 27 | Next

fairly content with purchase

By on Monday, July 09, 2007

"We love Honda's because they have always been known for their performance and quality but after purchasing this Honda new with 0 miles on it, we were less than thrilled. The car looks great but has some minor areas that were not assembled well. Areas we didn't notice until after the purchase. We had the sliding doors repaired and the scratches they made repaired. The glove compartment did not close all the way and still does not line up correctly. The condensor/ac unit is located directly beneath the license plate holder and is not protected at all, therefore it is easily damaged by a rock or asphalt. We have replaced the condensor at our expense. This is a very, very common problem. Several hundred Odyssey owners have experienced the same issue. Honda will not cover this under the warranty, even though it's their poor design. We currently have the car in the shop because of brake problems and hopefully that will come under our original warranty. The steering is o.k. not as nice as my sisters Yukon. It does not turn easily. All in all, it drives well but I'm not as happy as I expected to be."

I am impressed so far

By on Monday, July 02, 2007

"I have never had a van. Have had 2 SUV's. They cannot compare to this van including my Toyota Highlander. I have the EXL with sunroof and dvd. The dvd is great with the wireless headphones provided. Love the controls on the steering wheel too. The seats are very cushy. Drove across state the first week and was never tired. Love this van!!!Hope the gas mileage will be good. I added backup sensors to the bumper and directional compass mirror."

Perfect

By on Saturday, June 30, 2007

"We just bought a touring. Everything about it is luxury. It should be rebadged as an Acura. Smooth, quite ride, attention to detail, good gas mileage for its size, power, and I'm sure reliability. The one thing it could have is Chrysler's Sto-n-Go. This van is worth the higher price in the long run. Its going to pay for itself in resale value and minimal major maintenance. Its also nice to know the wife and children will be safe in the event of a flat tire at night in the middle of nowhere with the run flat tires. Suck it up, spend the money. You won't regret it."

A few Quirks

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2007

"I've had my Honda now for 9 months and 10K miles without any warranty work. This is THE 1st Japanese owned vehicle to date and I've owned about 30 new cars. I tried to buy an American van but it (easily) came down to the Toyota and Honda. The difference was a good 50%; unfortunately I could not accept a Chrysler which was the best American. Since the Honda doesn't sell vans to the rental fleets, it has earned the 2nd highest resale value. Since I trade every other year, resale is a key parameter. I am convinced that you will pay a lot more for a Chrysler because of rapid depreciation. So I'd spend more now as you will get A LOT more back in trade. Trade-in values on the new body style are unheard of! I bought for invoice for my EX Leather ($3K off) and they go though the auctions at $25K with 10K miles. Try that with an American car who sells to rental car companies. I have a lead foot and I get about 18 city and 23 hi-way. I love EVERYTHING about it other than a few different quirks. 1. Power Management: They are so concerned about you running out of your battery that they turn off the cigarette lighter (so the cell won't charge). This is annoying. Yet, if you leave an internal light on it will run the battery till it dies. That is something every American car has. It happened to me twice as the Kids played with the light switch during the day. 2. Radio Controls: I'm 6'2" with long arms. I cannot reach the radio controls without leaning forward. This is still needed for changing inputs (CD, Radio etc) even though some controls are on the steering wheel. Speaking of Radio, XM Radio isn't hooked up. You need to still spend $300 for hardware even though the decal is on the radio. 3. The tires will create a lot of road noise on concrete roads and bridges. No issue on Asphalt though. 4. My biggest complaint is I can easily feel the "eco" feature (going from 4 cylinders to 6 cylinders; back and forth). Some speeds are worse that others while it switches and I find this annoying. Once you notice it, it may drive you nuts. Note that this does not bother my wife a bit but I can easily feel it. On my 2007 Tahoe I cannot feel it at all (which is a GREAT SUV by the way). One last point: Be VERY careful on rubbing the tires on curbs. The reason is the quarter panels flare outside of the tires which is NOT common. Rub your tire and you will most likely rub some paint off. Of, don't pull up too far on a curbed parking spot as the front nose is very low. All that being said I think Honda has a winner! GREAT gas mileage, great handling, major cargo space and THE BEST resale value. Oh, buy the rubber floor mats in the after market as they keep the carpet looking great and they are easy to clean. The next owner will Thank you in the form of higher resale value. :) Steve from MN"

awesome vehicle!!

By on Sunday, June 17, 2007

"I love how quiet the ride of this vehicle is. I can not hear the engine at all. I love the comfort and the smoothness of the ride."

Functional MiniVan

By on Thursday, June 14, 2007

"Our family loves this Odyssey! GREAT job Honda."

Just a great vehicle

By on Sunday, June 10, 2007

"This van is far more than I thought it would be. Very comfortable, easy to drive, plenty of power, amazing gas mileage, (the vehicle weighs over 4600 pounds). The PAX tires that come with the Touring model are a question mark. If you only drive around town they are the best. If you drive across country, 300-400 miles the tires, if they do go flat, will only go 125 miles. Not much help when you are crossing the desert in the summer. No spare is provided. The tires are also very expensive to replace, 2 to 3 time regular tires. This can be corrected by putting regular rims and tires. Again expensive, but much less cost from then on."

It Won Me Over

By on Friday, May 18, 2007

"I have always driven large trucks & SUV's. I needed something that was moderately powerful & could handle all my dogs and pull a medium size trailer, yet still get good mileage. This vehicle won me over. I have all the room I need, but can drive for 1/2 the cost of what I used to pay. It's got incredible power, both for take-off and passing or climbing acceleration. I couldn't ask for better comfort and features. Has everything I need!"

Impressed, but no Cadillac

By on Sunday, May 13, 2007

"Spent 2 years researching minivans and chose the Honda. Very happy with the purchase, but I traded in a Caddy DeVille, so it's hard to compare. It's a bit weak with acceleration and I can feel the transmission downshifting, especially back into first gear. The drivers seat lacks the caddy comfort, but I never have that worn out feeling after a long trip. It's a good vehicle. You won't be dissapointed. My two kids wanted to mention they are happy that the side windows go down."

Very Nice

By on Saturday, May 05, 2007

"Just bought the car last night and drove it home from Dallas and it has great pickup and all 3 kids love the extra space in the back. I did get it total decked out with everything you can get on the car and only paid $36,000 even. Touring black on black DVD, NAV, moonroof, leather, .... everthing. But most of all my wife loves it!!!!!!!! JUST REMEBER A HAPPY WIFE EQUALS A HAPPY HOME!!!!!!!"

By on Sunday, April 29, 2007

By on Sunday, April 22, 2007

Love it

By on Thursday, April 19, 2007

"Hate vans, but love the odyssey. as 23 year old single mother I would much rather have a convertible sports car, but this mini van is a necessity & I love it! Great car!"

By on Thursday, April 19, 2007

By on Wednesday, April 11, 2007

By on Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Most Reliable Vehicle

By on Saturday, March 31, 2007

"The vehilce is great. It doesn't look real sportly but is very reliable, responsive and well equipped. For the money, you won't find a better value."

Previous | 1 ... 25 26 27 | Next