2009 Honda Odyssey

Based on 694 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

BEST purchase ever!!!!

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"We have been loyal Honda Owners for 10+ years, and decided to go the mid-sized SUV route...Biggest mistake ever!! Suv had horrible gas milage, approx 14 in town, 17 hwy if we were lucky. It was hard to load our two small kids in and out of car seats. Limited room thoughout, no third seat, unable to take passengers with child car seats in back. We decided after a few months to take our losses and trade in that gas guzzling SUV. Bought the 2007 EX-L Odyssey, and could not be Happier. This car is the BEST purchase ever!!! The Odyssey is roomy and comfortable. Odyssey is all about the family, great interior, easy for small children to get in and out, easy to load children. Has great storage compartments, in floor and dash. Practical features.. mirror in head liner that allows driver to view rear interior of car... many, many cup holders, and tray in between captains seats. Removable third seat in middle row. Air conditioning that works excellent, and has rear and front controls. DVD player with head phones, located in the FRONT dash, makes loading much easier. DVD screen does not block rear view mirrior, or obstruct view of rear window.. Built-in sun screens in slinding door windows, plus privacy glass. Easy to use and access child safety LATCH for car seat install. Wonderful safety ratings, multiple air bags. Really good on gas milage, with the economy engine feature, we easily get 18+ intown and 22+ hwy. And it handles road trips great!!! Love all of the features, especially the sliding doors, and in floor storage, sliding doors are operable with the key-fob. We will never stray from Honda again. Best mini-van ever!!"

Happy Owner

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"We bought this van after owning a 2000 Toyota Sienna for 4 years. This EX-L Odyssey is by far better looking, more comfortable and has much better handling and performance. I truly enjoy driving it on the weekends with the kids. However, I do not enjoy taking it to the gas station, I guess you can't have great performance and great gas mileage...oh well! I bought this car used and I have not had the car very long but have already had a couple of mnor problems: the ECO mode stopped working once (bad sensor wire), the DVD lost sound through the headphones (a wire came loose in the dash), there was a recall on the fuel pump and the front brakes had to be replaced after 30,000 miles (the dealer said the factory brakes seem to have too much metal in them and they are causing some noise and other issues). I am getting ready to run out the warranty (36,000 miles), and I am bit concerned...Even though all of these issues are minor, they would have cost quite a bit out of pocket without the warranty. I do enjoy this van...the little features that Honda provides like DVD sound through the stereo, seperate climate controls, both sliding doors powered, cup holders everywhere and the lazy-susan in the floor for the kids, especially for the fact it has two compartment doors that allow the driver/passenger to reach things as well. The only feature missing, in my opinion, is the powered lift gate...I almost bought the 2007 Nissan Quest for that one feature (for the same price as this used Odyssey). Overall, I am happy with my purchase...it helps to know that the resale value is fantastic on this vehicle as well, good luck finding a used one!"

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

By on Saturday, August 04, 2007

Awesome

By on Thursday, August 02, 2007

"I love this van! When we first got it, my husband got in and said that it looked like we were driving the space shuttle! :-) The kids really enjoy riding in it because it is so confortable and convieniant. The only thing that I really didnt like is the sticker price. Although we bought this Odyssey used, we still paid $25,000. I think that it is a bit overpriced, but with that said, I do love all of the safety features, and the fact that it seats 8. We have 6 kids and that room really comes in handy. Now we dont have to drive 2 vehicles when we all want to go somewhere together. I think that if Honda would drop the price a tad, these Odysseys will sell like hotcakes! Its the sticker-shock that detours many potential owners. I almost talked myself out of it. Although the price was very steep, I love it. I would reccomend this vehicle to anyone who can take on the sticker price."