2008 Honda Odyssey

Based on 708 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

We have two

By on Saturday, April 04, 2015

Pros: "Excellent,versatile all around especially highway"

Cons: "Seat warmer, coin holder"

"Liked the '04 quite well - when it was time to replace our other car, bought this '07. Very happy with it so far (1.5 years). Handling is not quite as sharp as the '04's, but more than makes up for that with better ride & less road noise. Great all-around vehicle - great driving position, very comfortable seats (2nd row as good as the fronts, & even the third row is not bad for adults); super roomy for people and stuff. Only complaints are pretty minor: the coin holder design was better in the previous version, IMO; and the seat heater gets the seatback too warm, and the bottom cushion not warm enough. (May be fixable, haven't tried.)"

Fully equipped auto perfect for handicapped

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

"Fully equipped van including an electric interior lift with a Jazzy electric chair purchased June, 2012. Value is $2525. The Navigation System was updated in 2013. There is a multi CD player and a DVD. It has a leather interior, seats four with heated front seats. ."

I really love this car.

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Best car I've ever owned."

"Very smooth riding, holds the road and feels very secure. Best car I've ever had. This is my 2nd Odyssey and this is even better than the 2004 I had before. However, since I can no longer drive, I need to give it up. Certainly not because I want to."

Best van ever

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Very comfortable ride, great gas mileage"

Cons: "front bumper too low to ground"

"Excellent acceleration for the vehicle size and weight, very nice ride, very comfortable for all passengers."

Original owner of a great van!

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

Pros: "Handling, Functionality, Fuel Economy, great vehicle overall, would buy again."

Cons: "Purchase Price, how about a diesel engine for better gas mileage?"

"The only major complaint I have about this vehicle is that it is a tire eater and not snow friendly. With 130k miles I am on my 4th set of tires. Other than that, the only out of pocket costs have been regular maintance (battery, timing belt, tires, etc.). I just had the driver window stop working on me and it seems like not an easy fix as it's not the switch or the motor- so there is my first issue. We drove a Town and Country and I hated it, even my children hated it, they wanted our van back. Our Honda really drives nice for it's size and it best in class for fuel economy. I dread the day it's time to move on from it, especially since vehicles are so expensive. If I can afford another one when it's time I would consider it. My husband would even buy another Odyssey- now that says a lot since we have owned many cars, his favorite of course is a Porsche (yeh, I get the van- where's the justice?). I love my Odyssey, it's the best vehicle I have ever owned."

Great Van - Some Problems

By on Saturday, September 18, 2010

"At 60,000 miles, we had already replaced the transmission, power steering pump, power steering fluid reservoir and 2 engine mounts. We by no means drive like a speed demon, and we had always maintained our van (at least meeting or exceeding the maintenance minder recommendations). Honda builds a solid van...just be aware that there are some issues they have to work on."

Tremendous Disappointment

By on Monday, July 05, 2010

"This van has been one of the most disappointing vehicles I have ever purchased (bought it new). Here are my issues: * Michelin PAX run-flat tires are very expensive to replace (about $1,200 for a set) and will only get 35-40,000 miles. * The transition from running on three cylinders to six cylinders is very rough (VCM system) Dealer was unable to detect the problem. * Had to replace front wheel bearings at about 70,000. * Transmission/transaxle is very suspect, starting to shudder going into 4th gear and whines rather loudly in cold weather. * Power steering pump whines loudly in cold weather * Air leaks, particularly around sliding doors * Tempermental operation of sliding doors. Currently at 78,000. Can't get rid of this vehicle soon enough!"

first mini van

By on Sunday, February 22, 2009

"Bought new in 2005 model. Wife had hip replacement and we are senior citizens. Van has given us nothing but excellent service. Have taken many trips to Louisiana and Kansas City and have always gotten around 25 mpg everytime. Very comfortable and easy to get in and out of. Wife and myself are tall people. All the reviews were accurate, i would definitely purchase a honda again."

Love this van...

By on Monday, January 19, 2009

"We bought this van at the end of November 2007. We haven't had any problems at all. It has alot of room, very comfortable, very stylish. The Honda Odyssey is everything we had hoped for it gets 5 stars from us. Good luck...."

Love this vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2009

"I really love this mini van. I kind of like the ht of the last model better due to we bike and our bikes fit in great. But other then that. I have had the seats in and out and every which way and hauled everything from bikes to china cabinets to Breyer box cartons from top to bottom. I would like for Honda to change the angle of the head rests in thier front seats. I do not care for the cup holders in the front and an optional plastic mat to protect the floor in the back would be a nice feature. WE made ours out of clear plastic stair carpet protectors to protect area while hauling bikes. Leather is well worth the extra cost and the seat warmers are the bomb. Gas milage is the only thing that I am unhappy with and the only reason we will be selling our minivan. This is my 2nd one."