2008 Honda Odyssey

Based on 705 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

solid vechile/over sold marketing

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"we bought the van new in july of 07. currently has 57,000 miles. If you want a mini-van this is a great mini-van. I love it because of my family, but it is not the 4x4 truck I gave up for it. Bottom line: it is solid car, good engine, but lower than advertised gas miliage. We may have gotten a tahoe if we knew the real mile/gallon was to be 15 city and 22 highway. Just changed tires to Yokohama TRz's and they made a huge difference in cabin noise, snow and ice driving. I still wish it was all wheel drive. I also wish we would have saved by buying it used. Planning on driving it until 180,000 miles, and believe it will make it."

Great Minivan

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"Odyssey has numerous qualities that make it a more than safe bet for anyone considering a minivan. It definitely does not have the "soccor-mom" look so often associated with the Chrysler/Dodge minivan--even the redesigned Town&Country/Caravan! While still being with my Odyssey for 2, going on 3 years I actually got to drive the new Chrysler Town&Country as a rental while out in CA. It is true it has many amenities as well, but I was disappointed to find the difference in overall driving peformance and rather dull fit and finish interior. Since Chrysler/Dodge is trying to escape it's "mommy-only" exterior design, it's now become too boxy. Odyssey is much more sleek and less gender and/or age-specific. Anyone and I mean ANYONE can appreciate the Odyssey. Plus there is only one other make that could possibly match the quality and longevity which is the Toyota Sienna. The greatest difference between these two vehicles in this class is on long rides, the Odyssey seating can become "thin" and slightly uncomfortable; also, it can be a tad bit pricier depending on what trimline you get. The Sienna is not entirely the cheaper comparison. At best, once you throw in options that often the Odyssey comes in as standard, the Sienna could easily catch up to the Odyssey's higher price tag. Either way, they almost balance out in the end. I've enjoyed the Odyssey's spaciousness, extras and reliability. It has been lovingly referred to by friends as either the "airplane" or the "spaceship" with all its high-tech/futuristic looking knobs, colorful lights and automatic sliding doors. It has been filled to the brim many times toting friends and their luggage on beach trips just a couple hours away or as far as 8 hours on the open highway. It has never let me down and I don't ever expect it to!"

Wreck Tested

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"With a family of two young boys under the age of 5, and with me being gone all the time, I needed a vehicle that would make life easier for my wife with easy access to the baby seats, electric sliding doors that can be actuated from a distance when her hands are full with the kids or when her hands are full and it's raining cats and dogs. A comfortable ride for those longs road trips, DVD system to keep the kids entertained, decent gas mileage, front and rear heater/aircond controls, built-in sun shields for the kids windows, did I mention the sliding door windows rolls down like a regular door window, seats folds using one hand. Awesome car!! BUT the vehicle also needed to be SAFE. With Honda's great vehicle test ratings and nine airbags in this Odyssey, the price you pay for this minivan is well worth it. How do I know? I purchased our Odyssey last year 2007 brand new with 15 miles on the odometer, already did a road trip to Orlando Florida and the car performed great as to performance, comfort, and funtions with the kids. HERE WE GO... yesterday my wife got into a car accident, she was T-Boned (hit in the driver side) by another car (Mitsubisi Sedan) with the baby sitting in the baby seat on the driver side sliding door. All curtain airbags deployed preventing impact and glass particle injuries. Thank god- Everyone in the van escape without life threating injuries. The van has been totalled a lost and I have to get another vehicle. Which vehicle will I purchase again? Another Honda Odyssey, I am SOLD on this vehicle!"

About What I Expected

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"My wife and I purchased this vehicle to accomodate the growing family. In that respect, it has worked out perfectly. We debated between the Odyssey and a SUV. We choose the Odyssey primarily due to Honda's reputation, 3rd row access and fuel economy. The vehicle has achieved what we felt it could do better than an SUV. We've taken short road trips with 8 adults and no problems. Our friends have come to rely on it for weekend ventures. They're especially impressed with the interior styling and comfort. On the down side, the passenger area is somewhat tight for tall or large individuals. We're also very leary about the automatic sliding doors. We've had one repair on the door, they open/close at different speeds and make noise. The doors have not failed since being repaired, while under warranty, but we're not looking forward to the day when the warranty expires. Overall, a great vehicle with several advantages over an SUV."

biggest minivan

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"This is a great car for families needing to haul things with them on trips, as well as loading purchases. However, the drawback i have found would be the PAX system tires. They are very expensive and very low mileage tires for such an expensive car."

We have two

By on Saturday, April 04, 2015

Pros: "Excellent,versatile all around especially highway"

Cons: "Seat warmer, coin holder"

"Liked the '04 quite well - when it was time to replace our other car, bought this '07. Very happy with it so far (1.5 years). Handling is not quite as sharp as the '04's, but more than makes up for that with better ride & less road noise. Great all-around vehicle - great driving position, very comfortable seats (2nd row as good as the fronts, & even the third row is not bad for adults); super roomy for people and stuff. Only complaints are pretty minor: the coin holder design was better in the previous version, IMO; and the seat heater gets the seatback too warm, and the bottom cushion not warm enough. (May be fixable, haven't tried.)"

The highest quality and best car experience ever

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Very, very reliable and just perfect."

Cons: "None."

"I own two of these vehicles (2005 Honda Odyssey). That is how much I like them. The MOST practical vehicle in my life. Hauls everything and everyone I need it to, runs smooth and very good on gas. Never have to do much outside normal service. I have never had to have it aligned either and I know what to look for if it needed alignment and it has never needed it. We absolutely love these vehicles. One of mine is our main daily driver and highway vehicle with 173,000 miles as of this writing. The other, the same age, is our garage queen with 50,000 miles. Have ZERO complaints on these vehicles. I am reluctantly considering selling the higher mileage model as our life situation is changing and we don't need two vans in our life. Though it is a tough decision."

Fully equipped auto perfect for handicapped

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

"Fully equipped van including an electric interior lift with a Jazzy electric chair purchased June, 2012. Value is $2525. The Navigation System was updated in 2013. There is a multi CD player and a DVD. It has a leather interior, seats four with heated front seats. ."

I really love this car.

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Best car I've ever owned."

"Very smooth riding, holds the road and feels very secure. Best car I've ever had. This is my 2nd Odyssey and this is even better than the 2004 I had before. However, since I can no longer drive, I need to give it up. Certainly not because I want to."

Get more for less

By on Sunday, August 11, 2013

"I must admit that I miss the sporty vehicles of my youth; so much so that I have been shopping for cars AGAIN. What I consistently find is that a SUV generally has the same or worse gas mileage, less room, less flexibility, and costs more. The van is just too practical to part with. My Odyssey has 4 comfortable captain's chairs, a rear entertainment center, a lazy susan in the floor, a first aid compartment under the front passenger seat, magic seats that I use daily, low vehicle height, and 3d row heat/air (which are great for the old dog). When the 2d row seats are out and the magic seats down, I have an 8 foot bed. There was enough room for me, my son, and the dog to sleep in our sleeping bags when it got too darned cold to stay in the tent. The use of space is I do feel that it takes a long time to stop (so I downshift). It's tall, so it doesn't take corners like a car."