2007 Honda Odyssey

Based on 669 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

I love this car!!

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, great gas mileage, completely reliabl"

Cons: "More power outlets needed"

"I absolutely love my Honda Odyssey. It is the most comfortable car I have ever had. I vowed that I would always drive a Honda Odyssey! Unfortunately, I'm now switching away ONLY because I need an all-wheel drive vehicle. Wish the Odyssey had an AWD version!"

one of the best vehicles ever driven

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

"have owned BMW and Mercedes as well as Fords Chevys and others. To me the Honda is one of the most comfortable and enjoyable ride I've had. I had a Ridgeline (truck by Honda) and was sorry I sold it."

Great car. Fantastic engineering.

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "A durable oversized people mover good mileage"

"No problems with car except for a starting motor replacement. Just got tired of it. A Honda Arc for moving people and things. Built like a tank. Nenita"

very very reliable

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "low maintenance, drives well"

Cons: "poor traction in snow"

"still runs great at almost 200K miles"

We love our Honda Odyssey!

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "easy to drive, reliable, comfortable, high quality"

"We love this van. We have had it for about 5 years now and haven't had a single problem. We drove all the way from Wisconsin to Florida and back (in January) and it was nice knowing that we had a very reliable vehicle. We always have plenty of room for grocery shopping & traveling with our 3 kids. The seats fold up and down very easily. We typically keep the 2nd row jump seat entirely out of the van so that our 6 year old can get into the back seat (where his car seat is located.) All 3 car seats would not fit in the 2nd row. I love the roll-up sun-shades on the 2nd row windows. I love all of the places to put cups/water bottles whilst traveling. Seats are very comfortable. Kids love the DVD player and it has always worked for us."

A very reliable, quality built, functional vehicle

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Firm, smooth ride, solid build quality, fund drive"

Cons: "Road, wind noise."

"We have driven the 10 Odyssey for approx 70,000 miles, mostly highway. It is a fun car to drive, smooth and powerful engine at all speeds, five speed transmission shifts very smoothly, Lots of storage spaces. The only minor complaint I have is, the road and wind noise on the highway, when driving head-on it, is louder than it needs to be. I am told a good undercoating will help greatly with road noise. The van is a real people hauler. Even with 7 adults and luggage, it never bottoms out, infact, rides smoother than when empty. Also, the Eco-drive on flat roads is a big boost for fuel economy. Driving at speed limit, you can expect to achieve 26-27 mpg on the interstate. Heated leather seats are very comfortable and the power doors and lift gate are very convenient. It has an excellent sound system and the temperature controls are easy and accurate. We will get another one for sure. Best mini-van on the road."

LX Odyssy 2008

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Best on low repairs. Saved a lot on NO repairs"

Cons: "cloth seats not great. EXL has smoother rides"

"We love the car. The repairs are nothing compared to the Chrysler town and Country we had which nothing fit under the extra warranty we bought-big electric problems. But we feel the ride and seats were more comfortable in the Chrysler because we have cloth seats in the Honda and feel bumps in the rode. Chrysler rode smoother. Son has EXL and it rides smooth. So must be the cheaper seats doing it. We are buying a EXL next time for the ride and things will be perfect with the Honda. Mileage is great. Drove to Plymouth Maine from Ct and back cost $150.00 in gas."

Over a 150,000 and still going strong!

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Drives like a luxury vehicle, even after 150,000 m"

Cons: "factory tires slippery on ice"

"I live in Nebraska and this has served our family well. The only thing I have had to replace is the automatic door motor after my daughter broke it last year with a Gatoraide cap. I HATE to part with this vehicle, but my sister in law desperately needs this to transport her five kids. I am going to purchase a 2014 EX-L because I love it so much. Even the neighbor has borrowed it to take the kids to a birthday party when her SUV would not carry eight people. I have also used it like a truck for hauling various large items such as play structures or bikes. The only suggestion for improvement is to invest in NOKIAN snow tires for year around. It helps the vehicle get around like a 4 wheel drive on icy roads. Also, can you believe that this vehicle is still worth $8,0000? I would not hesitate to buy the 2005. I actually think my interior is A LOT more expensive looking than the new ones!"

Great vehicle for a family

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "more power than you would think, miserly on gas"

Cons: "a little tight for long legs"

"have owned this vehicle since it was new, and have absolutely no complaints. I'm 6'6", and it accommodates me well. I've never had a mechanical problem with it beyond normal wear."

Best vehicle for my over the road driving ever!!!!

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable Ride for the price!!!"

Cons: "I don't have the auto open rear door feature."

"I traded my Cadillac DHS for this 06 Honda Touring van and have been glad I did. I have room to haul the grand kid and anything else. It has been on long distance trips and around local, always pleased with it. The gas milage is great, 28mpg on the highway for me! I'm looking to trade for a newer one in the future!!!"

Comfortable, excellent economy, totally reliable

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

"25 mpg highway. First brake replacement at 111,000 miles. 55,000 miles on first tires. No repairs needed. Best Nav system ever used. Carries 6 adults in comfort."

Outstanding van.

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Great value"

Cons: "No running lights"

"Was happy with it from first day. Very comfortable to drive on long trips. The only complaint I have is when backing up after dark. You really can't see, the backup liters are inadequate. Other than that I rate the van very high. I will purchase another in the future."

Love my Honda mini van

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "great ride, several convenient cup holders, table"

"Bought my 05 mini van in 2010 with 70K miles, now it has 125K. Not one single problem with it. Good gas mileage for all the room, power, and comfort. 19-24 mpg. Several vacation trips, 6 adults, luggage, and still get 23-24 mpg on Hwy."

poor paint - dark blue

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "good cargo capacity"

Cons: "poor exterior paint"

"i have had my Odyssey since it was new. no previous owner.Took good care of car and followed maintenance schedule. But within 3 years the dark blue paint began to peel off the primer. Complained to Honda;they dropped the case. took it local dealer, pictures taken and reportedly sent to Honda, no response. i have seen two other dark blue models with this problem. Because the OEM refused to acknowledge or respond, i will never buy another vehicle from them. However, as an engineer specializing in reliability, i will have to say the power train and engine had no significant problems after 160K. no driveability problems. The CD player failed within the first three years and is difficult to replace. Did not like the Honda practice of only using their higher priced brand of common replacement products like antifreeze and wiper blades."

poor paint - dark blue

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "good cargo capacity"

Cons: "poor exterior paint"

Overall, our Odyssey has been a great family car.

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Great value, drives well, reliable"

Cons: "AWD would be nice for deep snow"

"My wife uses this car on a daily basis. Always reliable and easy to use, there's a reason why families like these cars. Unlike my full-size pick up, the Odyssey gets great gas mileage in town, and approaches 30 mpg on long trips, despite being loaded down with people and gear. We have used it for multiple trips of 1,000 miles or more each way, and even at 87k miles we don't hesitate to to take it on the road."

Models with VCM not recommended. Poorly designed.

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Good power, economy, comfort, LOTS of storage,"

Cons: "VCM defective, clunking noises,"

"This van has good power and gets good fuel mileage, but there are too many other things for me to gripe about. First is the clunking noise in the steering or front suspension. I took it in for service at 36K (end of warranty)mentioned the clunking noise and was told it would be 175. charge to check it out. I said "forget it". Did some checking and found out owners have been complaining about this clunking for something like TEN years. GEEZE, couldn't they come up with a cure by NOW? Second is the VCM (Variable cylinder management) which allows the engine to run on 3 cylinders when cruising. This system has design flaws, causing dramatic oil consumption and fouled spark plugs in the 3 cylinders that shut down. All Honda has done so far is extend the warranty on the engine (due to a class action lawsuit). No CURE yet as far as I know. Also, this system doesn't really add much fuel savings at all, so it's a waste. There ARE things I like about the car. All power doors that work well all the time, and the thing gets away from a red light like a jack rabbit, but the defects overshadow the good. I would buy a Toyota van if buying another van."

Excellent vehicle, drives like new, 25-27 mpg

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "It will do anything you ask of it."

Cons: "Seats are a little firm."

"This is a great car. Only reason to sell is my wife wants a smaller car to drive."

Dependable, comfortable and flexible use vehicle

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "Great Value, Great traveling car"

Cons: "tray between driver/passenger is not well designed"

"loved this car for taking kids and teammates to out of town soccer games, loved it for home remodeling projects (it is my truck) and for everyday use it gets great gas mileage, is easy to park and is very dependable. A little hard on tires but maybe that's my driving..."

Top notch family car

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "great drive, comfortable, reliable, storage!"

Cons: "front wheel drive, wish it was AW or 4x4 option"

"I've owned my pre- owned 2008 odyssey for two years and LOVE IT! we have the dvd and moon roof, leather heated seats. I love how the seats fold down for more storage and I can fit my family of four and then my in laws all in our van! I had a double stroller for our kids and the leftover storage room was incredible. Id come from a sedan and the new space was just outstanding. With two little ones power sliding doors were a must, I could control from my key ring. I could easily get an infant seat in and climb in to buckle my toddler! The V6 engine makes it drive like a dream!! I never had any engine problems even with higher mileage its a very reliable and safe vehicle. I love that it has the drive of a smaller sports car but with the safety and space we needed for our family. Definitely the best investment we have made in a car!!"

Poor value for the premium price

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable driving position, good acceleration"

Cons: "brakes, quality of electrical components"

"Problems within the first three years: A/C, power doors, radio, almost ever light. Additional problems: radiator, transmission. For the price they get for these vehicles I would expect less issues. As hard as it is to believe, I had better luck with a Caravan then this vehicle. I would not recommend or buy another."

Fully equipped auto perfect for handicapped

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

"Fully equipped van including an electric interior lift with a Jazzy electric chair purchased June, 2012. Value is $2525. The Navigation System was updated in 2013. There is a multi CD player and a DVD. It has a leather interior, seats four with heated front seats. ."

LOTS OF REPAIRS, WENT THROUGH 8-10 HEADLIGHTS SETS

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "GOTME TO POINT A & BACK AGAIN"

Cons: "TO MANY REPAIRS"

"VAN ATE BRAKE PADS ALL THE TIME, NOT THAT GOOD ON GAS, AGAIN LOTS OF REPAIRS! AC, TIMING BELTS , FOG LIGHTS. BRAKES AND HEADLIGHTS"

06 EXL

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "Comfy, Good locking van, Power Space"

Cons: "Reliability, Speakers and radio, Ergonomics"

"We got this van as a family vehicle for 2 kids when they were younger. The van has tons of space for hockey bags, golf clubs ect. I think that it was the best looking van in 2006 and it still looks good despite some paint chips on the lines in the hood. This vans V6 provides decant power but if you are really in a hurry it will go. I think that this van has the right balance of ride and handling. With out to much of a firm ride the van handles decent, but fill it up with passengers and stuff and you will start to feel the weight in the corners. The only things that I don't like about this van id build quality, reliability, and the looks of the interior. The build quality on the inside is horrible. Lots of creeks, hard cheep materials, poor leather quality in the back 2 rows where it gets abused most, and the window and lock panel on the drivers side door is already starting to loosen up and move around. For reliability the van has disappointed. We started having all our problems at 50000 miles and it just kept going from there. Mostly little stupid problems like interior lighting, faulty switches and buttons,and speakers cracking and popping, however we have had some major problems with constantly having to replace the power sliding doors again and again, we had this horrible screeching scrapping sound coming from the engine every time we accelerated, that was a lot of money to replace, power steering, starter and ignition. The interior of the van is poorly designed. not ergonomic or good locking. We like our van over all it has just has little annoying things like reliably and ergonomics."

Love my Odyssey! Best vehicle ever!

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "Perfect for trips, roomy, nice leather, sound sys."

Cons: "Back of front seats detaches and looks bad."

"I work really hard for my money and needed to get the most car per dollar. Safety and reliability were my biggest factors when looking. This is the second Odyssey I have owned! This one is my favorite because it is the touring edition, with leather seats, so they are easier to keep clean. The heat/AC, sound and VCR are all wonderful. There are four captain seats in it, perfect especially now kids are taller or when carpooling for meetings/lunches! I bought my 2006 in 2008 as a certified used car. The only thing I can complain about is the back of both front seats, the magazine holders are whatever they are called, have detached so the back of both front seats kind of hangs so that they are visibly disconnected. That in itself isn't even a problem except for it looks bad. The same thing was going on with my previous Odyssey and my maintenance guy said they all have that problem so I guess it's a design flaw. I will rig it together somehow. Other than that,I love the car!!! I have my last payment next month and will be keeping it! Even after I can afford to finally buy that cool sports car...I will always have the Odyssey to take on trips!!!"