2007 Honda Odyssey

Based on 703 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Not as good as the 2008 I replaced.

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"A lot of road noise. Will have to look around next time. Otherwise, very comfortable. Torque converter failed 50K, power steering leaking 55K."

Great value for the money

By on Saturday, September 05, 2009

"Choice came down to '07 CRV or '07 Odyssey; van won due to price. Got fully loaded Touring model off the lot for $5K less than the CRV! We're senior citizens who don't use the back seat DVD, but everything else gets a workout. The navi system is a marriage saver, says my wife. Power doors and tailgate quickly became indispensable. Wife likes high driving position. Both of us find the vehicle comfortable and reliable. Only minor problems, including many pesky BSR (buzzes, squeaks, and rattles) that mysteriously disappear a mile from the dealer. Fuel mileage is about what most say they get (18 city; 25 hwy). Variable cylinder managment system works transparently. We've had it to both coasts and most places in-between, and love it for its quiet comfort and enormous luggage capacity. Someone said "don't go without it;" this van allows us to do just that. Actually, we enjoy its cargo versatility. In many ways it's more useful than our '01 4-door dually pickup for carrying things out of the weather, including one time a dining table and six chairs all at once! We bought the 100K extended warranty; good for peace of mind, but probably won't be needed. Run-flat tires are of questionable value due to lack of spare. OK, I'm a worry-wart but I wish it had one. We never use the circular lazy susan storage area behind the front seats that I assume is where the spare should be. I've owned 40 or 50 cars over a 50+ year period and only one or two have been as good as this Honda. Hope it continues on this way. Won't be trading it for another five years at least."

Everything they say it is but---

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"This van is everything the reveiws say it is and more. One minor compliant. The transmission in this vehicle stinks. The downshifts are unpredictable and at times harsh. The grade logic has a mind of its own and behaves irratically. I have been told by my local dealer that this is typical for this vehicle. Since I am an 11 time buyer of Honda's, and have never had this type of problem with any of my other vehicles, I doubt this vehicle will be on my short list next time around. Comfort yes, efficient for a van yes, quality build yes. Driveline--oh but no. Sorry Honda, just MHO."

06 Odyssey - Not what you might expect from Honda.

By on Sunday, April 05, 2015

Pros: "Space!, efficiency, comfort, maneuverability, ease"

Cons: "annoying reliability issues,"

"This vehicle was purchased used with approx 105K miles, now up to approx 135K. Owning: The tires were replaced once, but that is to be expected, as tires are wear items. The timing belt was replaced at ~112K miles for just over $1,000. The Alternator was replaced at ~115K miles, for just over $1,000. It has needed two batteries since I have had it, though the first one was one of those "eco batteries", so that had some influence. Occasionally, when I turn the key, it will not start. It won't do anything, in fact. You need to turn the key several (often 10-20 or more) times before it finally starts. (at first, this was blamed on leaving an accessory on, then the battery performance.) Finally, it just would not start at all, and recently, the starter was replaced. Since then, the problem has dissolved. Also, the steering wheel intermittently will vibrate wildly when braking. It will do this on smooth or rough roads, at high speed or low speed, and under light braking as well as under hard braking, it makes no difference. It has progressively gotten worse since I've owned it, and it is quite rare, maybe once every 50 times the brake pedal is applied, give or take. The power steering fluid somehow manages to leak, but it has never lost power steering. This occasional leaking causes a strange smell to show up inside the cabin as well as just outside the hood. The reason I bought this vehicle was because I needed space for passengers as well as cargo, and it has served that purpose beautifully. However, because of all these issues it has (especially not starting), I would not recommend purchasing one. Some issues are just from wear and tear, but others are unacceptable, especially from a Honda product. Driving: MPG is incredible for what it is. Around town it gets 18-21. At 72-82mph on the highway, it averages from 24-26. It's an EX-L, so it does have VCM & eco mode. It is driven mildly most of the time; how it was intended to be driven. At 60 mph, engine revs at 2000 rpm, and at 80 mph, it does 2600 rpm. At highway speed, the engine is very hushed, but the wind & tire noise are prominent. It has plenty of power from any speed. The tires will even chirp from a stop if you aren't careful. Around town, it drives very well I'd say. The brake feel is excellent. It is heavy, so don't expect super short braking distances, and (fortunately) I've never had to do a panic stop, so I can't say much about that. The steering is also very good. 3.45 turns lock-lock, and the turning radius is actually decent. The steering feels "alive" and it will shake when you go over rough surfaces, bumps, etc, but it's a good sensation. The transmission works well, but I do have a complaint. It shifts so smoothly when you accelerate, like butter, but when you're easy on the throttle, especially around 35-45 mph, and can be jerky. Also, when you slow down to about 20-25 mph, and then accelerate again, it works very hard. It does have a D3 mode, that I try to use, and it is somewhat helpful on the Mountains here in Georgia going down long hills. It's supposed to save wear on the brakes, so I figure why not. It's very comfortable overall, but the ride can be rough. Every passenger that rides in it has only good things to say. Visibility is good too, the pillars aren't extremely thick, and the blind spot is surprisingly easy to check. Oh, and the headlights are foggy :/"

2006 Ody was a good choice.

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pros: "Drive, power, interior finish, and safety."

Cons: "Too sweet for off-road."

"2006 Odyssey purchaced with over 100k showing. We've owned it exactly a year and love it. Comfort, power, drive is all incredible. We've put over 20k on it this year, which is more miles than normal because we like driving it so much. We skipped 1999-2004 & 2005 based on advice from a Honda mechanic and settled on the 2006. So far, we are very happy with that choice."

Best Van Ever

By on Thursday, February 14, 2013

"I have had Toyota Sienna's since 2001, and bought this Honda Odyssey in 2010 and it's the best van ever. I probabaly will never buy another Sienna. The Odyssey handles like a Cadillac. It turns so smoothly when making turns or U-Turns and rides amazingly. It doesnt even feel like your driving a van. It has so much power and when driving on the freeway, there isn't any shaking or trembling when going at higher speeds like I had with my Sienna. I love my van. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to buy a van for comfort, for convenience, especially for mom's with children. I feel so safe in this car, and I know my girls do too. What this van gives you in convenience, agility and comfort is well worth it."

I love this vehicle!

By on Friday, November 02, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, excellent maintainance history,"

Cons: "run flat tires with no dealer here to service,"

"This minivan is the best vehicle I have ever had. Its seats are so comfortable and it handles like a dream. In fact, it drives like a car and not a van. The cargo area is very roomy and I love the automatic doors and windows. It has great leg room and the heated seats and the pull-down shades on the back seat windows are nice."

This VAN ROCKS!

By on Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pros: "Perfect fit for our family of 6, smooth ride"

Cons: "Nothing really."

"'06 EX-L. Great van! We haul 4 kids - all in car seats, and two adults nearly anywhere we go. Also, do lots of towing of 1500 - 2000 lb trailer every month. Does great and pulls any hill and accelerates with ease. 250 hp is perfect. Handles great. Good on gas for an 8 passenger van. We probably avg 20 mpg, because we live in the city and 90% of our driving is city. Probably get 26 on the highway, with a long trip over 28 mpg (typically 17+ or so with trailer). All the buttons are in the right place and the features are just right. Can't say enough about this one - plan to buy another when we wear this one out."

09 odyssey

By on Thursday, March 25, 2010

"We have owned the odyssey 1 year and driven 12,000 miles. We love this van. There is nothing mini about it. Very comfortable, functional, reliable and fun to drive. The engine is super smooth, responsive and fuel efficient. We get 23 mpg on the hiway road trips. Tons of room inside and it is more usable room than the biggest SUV's. It is way easier to enter and load than big SUV's. The fold down seats in back are very functional and easy to fold down and put back up. When the back seats are up, You can store a ton back there. We have hauled 3 hockey bags, 6 passengers plus suit cases no problem. Others complain about road noise but it is the quitest vehicle I have ever driven including chevy, dodge and ford vans and suv's. I highly recommend this vehicle."

5th Honda for us

By on Monday, March 22, 2010

"This is our fifth Honda (2nd Odyssey, current one is a 2001) and we are very pleased with it, but not surprised as all the Honda's have been excellent (389,000 for my last one). Living in Canada, we have a set of snow tires/w. rims; those people who complain about the vehicle not perfoming in snow should give their head a shake. A separate set of snow tires is a must with any vehicle in a snow climate, however I speak as someone who lives in it and is very familiar with driving in it. Most collisions are caused by driver error, not because of the vehicle (I'm a collision reconstructuionist by profession). That last sentence was for the benefit of those complaints about the vehicle 'causing' the accident in snow; which is highly unlikely. The vans are expensive, but worth it if you are a person who keeps the vehicle until it demands replacement. Excellent service from Honda dealership, but it has easily been repaired by other mechanics for brakes/timing belt (1 set each at 160,000). Well laid out, very roomy and drives like the 'Accord'; by the way the Dodge Grand Caravan SXT came in at only $1800 cheaper on a cash purchase. Which would you rather drive considering the monetary difference? Honda costs a wee bit more, but lasts a whole lot longer if cared for. Safety is top drawer and the standard ABS brake system/traction control and Stability control are all excellent."