2007 Honda Odyssey

Based on 690 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Safest vehicle

By on Thursday, October 25, 2007

"We were traveling in NYC in July 2007 and we were rear ended on a highway by a Quest Mini van driver. It was a total loss for our Honda Odyssey but all of us were safe because of the safety features of this vehicle."

Somewhat disappointed

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"We were involved in an accident and had to buy a vehicle quickly. We wanted a Chrysler Town & Country but could not find one in our area so we bought the Odyssey. We made a 4,000 mile journey a week after we purchased. The vehicle drove very well and was comfortable. We had some problems trying to get the doors to lock and unlock automatically. It shouldn't be so difficult to program this. We believe that Honda's should have day-time running lights. It is an important feature that is lacking on this vehicle. Also all of our previous vehicles had a monitor for gas mileage, range, gallons used, compass, etc. This vehicle does not. We hate where the outside temp is located. Only the driver can see it. If we had known that only the "Touring" model had a lot of the features we are used to, we would have bought it. There wasn't one available at the time. For the price, in comparison to the Town and Country, it is missing a lot of little extra features that we like. Very disappointing. We also hate the little tray table between seats, we would much rather have a console for storing odds and ends- much safer and neater. And we also hate all of the little pieces of carpet that have to be snapped into place. There should be a better way. My husband was disgusted that the vehicle comes with two bars on top, but not the rest of the car rack, they are available as an option. Again, these are standard on a higher end Dodge or Chrysler product. We will see in the future how we like the vehicle over all. At his time, we are slightly disappointed in it."

Safe

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"My daughter in law and grandkids were hit broadside. The car was a mess but they were safe. A real miracle. The car is a great car will replace it with the same."

By on Saturday, October 20, 2007

"The only thing I wish this vehicle had that it doesn't is turning lights (Like the 96 Villager it replaced). We bought the EX-L with the NAV/entertainment package. The handling for the minivan is unsurpassed (and car-like). We've put 16000 miles on it in 5 months, and it still rides smoothly. There is a little more road noise than I'd like in a "luxury" vehicle....but it blows the competition out of the water. I like being able to use the key fob button to open the side doors when my arms are full. The NAV with voice control is awesome and beats after-market GPS with it's large touch screen and location (it hides the cd changer and sits low enough in the dash that the sun doesn't make the screen unreadable). The Honda Nav also doesn't have the "nanny" the Garmin aftermarkets have that won't let the passenger reprogram the directions while the car is moving. We were skeptical about NAV systems and their usefulness, but this has proven to be essential and well worth the extra expense. We did not go with the touring model because the cost of replacement run-flat tires didn't justify the price of the vehicle (or the tires). I am absolutely satisfied with this vehicle like none other. It's comfortable, roomy, and accommodates my harps with the fold flat rear seats. We test-drove all the competitor vans and this one rose above. Toyota made the fatal mistake of not having any vans with moon/sun roofs on their lots, and everyone knows aftermarket sun/moon roofs almost always leak. Toyota Siennas also had cosmetic interior detailing that looked and felt cheap. My Odyssey has superb engineering and ergonomics. Like I said, I wish Honda would add turning lights to illuminate corners while turning. Then it would be perfect. The only hiccup I had is for some reason, the glove box latch got stuck, and I didn't trust that the service dept. wouldn't charge me by saying we overstuffed it (their labor charge, at $95/hour is ridiculous). My husband managed to free the mechanism and clean it up so it actuated smoother. The only other complaint I had is that it came with too much oil in the joint of the parking brake pedal, and it dripped on and stained the carpet. If you get one, wipe the exterior of that joint down to remove the excess."

Poor Gas Mileage

By on Thursday, October 18, 2007

"The vehicle is fine for travelling the highways but around town, it is a gas hog. Traded in a 4x4 Titan to get this vehicle and use the family car for a commuter. Did not save any fuel costs over the Titan around town. Sticker says 19mpg but average is closer to 14mpg city. It does perform well on the highway getting nearly 24 mpg at constant highway speeds. It is also noisy and would look to the Toyota van for a more comfortable ride."