2007 Honda Odyssey

Based on 665 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Pretty Happy So Far.....

By on Monday, January 12, 2009

"We purchased the 2006 Odyssey EXL in '06 with about 83 miles on it and it now has 55,000 miles. It has been great for everyday driving, school carpooling, taking our daughter back and forth to college, and also road trips to WI, OH, northern MN, and through the mountains of CO. I also love all of the interior room and the flexibility of the seating. Heated seats in MN are a Godsend! This is our first Honda, so we had pretty high hopes and expectations that we would avoid the numerous mechanical problems we had experienced with all the domestics that we have owned over the years. I do love it, but I'm a bit bummed about a couple of problems we have encountered so far at such low mileage(for a Honda): at about 25,000 miles the two front tires had to be replaced due to the steel belts in the tires separating--naturally, we were just past any warranty that would cover this. Thank God we didn't choose the touring edition or it really would have cost us a bundle to replace them. Also, recently the car was making a loud whining noise(55,000mi.) and became difficult to steer when turning in and out of tight spots. It turns out that the power steering pump for the fluid had to be replaced and the power steering reservoir was plugged. Otherwise, it's been a nice, comfortable van to drive and I feel confident about its safety as well. If I had it to do over again, I would certainly purchase one w/some miles and save some $$$$ since I don't think I would ever spend $30K on it again."

Inexpensive to own

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "good power, 19-22 mpg, safe, cheap maint."

Cons: "it's not as sexy as an SUV"

"Have owned 2006 Odyssey with Tan outside and Tan inside. Upholstry has held up to family of seven's wear and tear. In 105,000 have only had to replace brakes once. We have no regrets about not picking the Sienna. This was our first non-SUV (after 3 prior SUVs) and has proven to be an excellent value. We drive 800-2,000 mile roadtrips and the car is roomy and flexible. Gas mileage has been 19-22 miles per gallon in city and highway. Car grips road okay and has been a very safe family car. Options purchased have been crossbars for roofrack and extra screens for the back. We think this is a well engineered car."

People mover

By on Monday, November 30, 2009

"My wife and I are BMW enthusiasts and we own one, since with three children a minivan is a “must” second vehicle. In 2006 we purchased our 4th Odyssey, that was re-designed and looked terrific. All previous vans were very noisy and this one was just a little better; however, on the long trips the noise is still bothering. Extra storage spaces, including “lazy Susan” in the middle of the floor, are great. Extra seat for an 8th person, although small, is functional when you drive 7 kids to or from a party or the movies. Only 7 would feel ok on a long trip. The moon roof is a fantastic option in a van; however,the switch is on the left side of the driver, so passenger can’t operate it - irritating mistake. No Odyssey prior to the 2006 model gave us any mechanical problems. Different for the 2006 model! At 35k miles once in a while the transmission started shaking at 25 – 30 mph and, less frequently, at 70-75mph. Now, at 45k miles the shaking is a regular event at low speed. At approximately 43k the power stirring started failing and at sharp, low speed turning it frequently feels like steering with no power assistance. Now, at 45 k the power steering several times made humming noise at the sharp, low speed turns. The dealer suggested replacement of a filter and flushing power steering fluid at the estimated cost of $110 - $160. At 37k the brakes had to be replaced and rotors had to be were turned (?!) to eliminate shaking while braking. We still like Odyssey better than other vans; however, I can’t wait when my kids won’t need “vanning”."

Decide if you can live with its problems first

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, extremely convenient - versatile"

Cons: "unreliable - expensive to maintain."

"I wont tell you wether the car is good or bad. That depends on each of us. If your thinking about buying one, my recommendation is that you do some research on the internet first, specially on owner forums and so on. Avoid the expert reviews. Yes, they tell you wether they like the dashboard, the feel of the door knob, the driving dynamics, etc. But they can't tell you a thing about owning one. I have never come across a review from any expert that even try to hint or address all the issues that owners of these cars have to face. For those, the real expertise can be found on odyssey user/owner forums. Here it is my summary: brake problems - steering wheel vibration when breaking on highways speeds (almost every odyssey owner deals with this), front axel issues (almost everyone over 40K miles has replaced at least one axel), oil consumption - by careful not exceeding 5K miles between oil maintenance (also a common problem. I have heard Honda is having a terrible time dealing with the V6 engine), problems with the powered sliding doors (this seems to be common but I have not had to deal with it yet), transmission problems (I have not had this one either, but is also mentioned quite often on the forums), electrical problems (specially on the exl and touring). So check these and decide if you are willing to live with that sort of things, in exchange for a very comfortable ride and design that offers a lot of convenience. If you decide that you are going to go for it make sure you buy the extended warranty. You will definitely need it."

great family vehicle

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "safe, comfortable, plenty of power, good MPG"

Cons: "not exactly sexy"

"I'm on my second Odyssey. Leased them first and bought the second one outright. For such a comfortable, two wheel drive vehicle that has plenty of power....and with good snow tires it does great on snow and ice (even at 8,000 ft. where I live)this thing gets 22-26 MPG. I've had no mechanical issues. If you don't need all the gadgets and whistles, the LX is a great choice."

See if you qualify for