2006 Honda Odyssey

Based on 713 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

This VAN ROCKS!

By on Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pros: "Perfect fit for our family of 6, smooth ride"

Cons: "Nothing really."

"'06 EX-L. Great van! We haul 4 kids - all in car seats, and two adults nearly anywhere we go. Also, do lots of towing of 1500 - 2000 lb trailer every month. Does great and pulls any hill and accelerates with ease. 250 hp is perfect. Handles great. Good on gas for an 8 passenger van. We probably avg 20 mpg, because we live in the city and 90% of our driving is city. Probably get 26 on the highway, with a long trip over 28 mpg (typically 17+ or so with trailer). All the buttons are in the right place and the features are just right. Can't say enough about this one - plan to buy another when we wear this one out."

super dependable

By on Friday, February 12, 2016

Pros: "safety over all value"

Cons: "sometime quirky passenger sliding door"

"Purchased from dealer over the internet probably saved $2000 over local Cape Girardeau dealership. Spent money on tires and regular maintenance. At 170 replaced brakes and struts at this point we will keep her until she drops. Sometime the passenger door beeps and the door has trouble closing but this is easy to overlook considering the huge value this vehicle has been for us. Will definitely go Honda again!"

The highest quality and best car experience ever

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Very, very reliable and just perfect."

Cons: "None."

"I own two of these vehicles (2005 Honda Odyssey). That is how much I like them. The MOST practical vehicle in my life. Hauls everything and everyone I need it to, runs smooth and very good on gas. Never have to do much outside normal service. I have never had to have it aligned either and I know what to look for if it needed alignment and it has never needed it. We absolutely love these vehicles. One of mine is our main daily driver and highway vehicle with 173,000 miles as of this writing. The other, the same age, is our garage queen with 50,000 miles. Have ZERO complaints on these vehicles. I am reluctantly considering selling the higher mileage model as our life situation is changing and we don't need two vans in our life. Though it is a tough decision."

Get more for less

By on Sunday, August 11, 2013

"I must admit that I miss the sporty vehicles of my youth; so much so that I have been shopping for cars AGAIN. What I consistently find is that a SUV generally has the same or worse gas mileage, less room, less flexibility, and costs more. The van is just too practical to part with. My Odyssey has 4 comfortable captain's chairs, a rear entertainment center, a lazy susan in the floor, a first aid compartment under the front passenger seat, magic seats that I use daily, low vehicle height, and 3d row heat/air (which are great for the old dog). When the 2d row seats are out and the magic seats down, I have an 8 foot bed. There was enough room for me, my son, and the dog to sleep in our sleeping bags when it got too darned cold to stay in the tent. The use of space is I do feel that it takes a long time to stop (so I downshift). It's tall, so it doesn't take corners like a car."

Great mini-van with many features

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

Pros: "Versatile, reliable, practicle"

Cons: "Road noise."

"Very versatile van. Hauls a lot of things with seats removed or folded down. Comfortable space for 6 full size people. Tight space for 7 or 8 people. It would be OK for smaller people or children. Peppy engine. Mileage averages out to 20 mpg with combined highway/city driving. Good navigation system. The back up camera is great but it is a safety requirement since the back up blind spot is huge without it. Very reliable van. I have had no major maintenance issues. One negative about the van is road noise. This is an issue with Honda vehicles in general. Turn up the radio!"