2006 Honda Odyssey

Based on 677 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Excellent vehicle, drives like new, 25-27 mpg

By on Monday, February 24, 2014

Pros: "It will do anything you ask of it."

Cons: "Seats are a little firm."

"This is a great car. Only reason to sell is my wife wants a smaller car to drive."

Dependable, comfortable and flexible use vehicle

By on Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pros: "Great Value, Great traveling car"

Cons: "tray between driver/passenger is not well designed"

"loved this car for taking kids and teammates to out of town soccer games, loved it for home remodeling projects (it is my truck) and for everyday use it gets great gas mileage, is easy to park and is very dependable. A little hard on tires but maybe that's my driving..."

Top notch family car

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "great drive, comfortable, reliable, storage!"

Cons: "front wheel drive, wish it was AW or 4x4 option"

"I've owned my pre- owned 2008 odyssey for two years and LOVE IT! we have the dvd and moon roof, leather heated seats. I love how the seats fold down for more storage and I can fit my family of four and then my in laws all in our van! I had a double stroller for our kids and the leftover storage room was incredible. Id come from a sedan and the new space was just outstanding. With two little ones power sliding doors were a must, I could control from my key ring. I could easily get an infant seat in and climb in to buckle my toddler! The V6 engine makes it drive like a dream!! I never had any engine problems even with higher mileage its a very reliable and safe vehicle. I love that it has the drive of a smaller sports car but with the safety and space we needed for our family. Definitely the best investment we have made in a car!!"

Poor value for the premium price

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable driving position, good acceleration"

Cons: "brakes, quality of electrical components"

"Problems within the first three years: A/C, power doors, radio, almost ever light. Additional problems: radiator, transmission. For the price they get for these vehicles I would expect less issues. As hard as it is to believe, I had better luck with a Caravan then this vehicle. I would not recommend or buy another."

Fully equipped auto perfect for handicapped

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

"Fully equipped van including an electric interior lift with a Jazzy electric chair purchased June, 2012. Value is $2525. The Navigation System was updated in 2013. There is a multi CD player and a DVD. It has a leather interior, seats four with heated front seats. ."

LOTS OF REPAIRS, WENT THROUGH 8-10 HEADLIGHTS SETS

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "GOTME TO POINT A & BACK AGAIN"

Cons: "TO MANY REPAIRS"

"VAN ATE BRAKE PADS ALL THE TIME, NOT THAT GOOD ON GAS, AGAIN LOTS OF REPAIRS! AC, TIMING BELTS , FOG LIGHTS. BRAKES AND HEADLIGHTS"

06 EXL

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "Comfy, Good locking van, Power Space"

Cons: "Reliability, Speakers and radio, Ergonomics"

"We got this van as a family vehicle for 2 kids when they were younger. The van has tons of space for hockey bags, golf clubs ect. I think that it was the best looking van in 2006 and it still looks good despite some paint chips on the lines in the hood. This vans V6 provides decant power but if you are really in a hurry it will go. I think that this van has the right balance of ride and handling. With out to much of a firm ride the van handles decent, but fill it up with passengers and stuff and you will start to feel the weight in the corners. The only things that I don't like about this van id build quality, reliability, and the looks of the interior. The build quality on the inside is horrible. Lots of creeks, hard cheep materials, poor leather quality in the back 2 rows where it gets abused most, and the window and lock panel on the drivers side door is already starting to loosen up and move around. For reliability the van has disappointed. We started having all our problems at 50000 miles and it just kept going from there. Mostly little stupid problems like interior lighting, faulty switches and buttons,and speakers cracking and popping, however we have had some major problems with constantly having to replace the power sliding doors again and again, we had this horrible screeching scrapping sound coming from the engine every time we accelerated, that was a lot of money to replace, power steering, starter and ignition. The interior of the van is poorly designed. not ergonomic or good locking. We like our van over all it has just has little annoying things like reliably and ergonomics."

Love my Odyssey! Best vehicle ever!

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "Perfect for trips, roomy, nice leather, sound sys."

Cons: "Back of front seats detaches and looks bad."

"I work really hard for my money and needed to get the most car per dollar. Safety and reliability were my biggest factors when looking. This is the second Odyssey I have owned! This one is my favorite because it is the touring edition, with leather seats, so they are easier to keep clean. The heat/AC, sound and VCR are all wonderful. There are four captain seats in it, perfect especially now kids are taller or when carpooling for meetings/lunches! I bought my 2006 in 2008 as a certified used car. The only thing I can complain about is the back of both front seats, the magazine holders are whatever they are called, have detached so the back of both front seats kind of hangs so that they are visibly disconnected. That in itself isn't even a problem except for it looks bad. The same thing was going on with my previous Odyssey and my maintenance guy said they all have that problem so I guess it's a design flaw. I will rig it together somehow. Other than that,I love the car!!! I have my last payment next month and will be keeping it! Even after I can afford to finally buy that cool sports car...I will always have the Odyssey to take on trips!!!"

I really love this car.

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Best car I've ever owned."

"Very smooth riding, holds the road and feels very secure. Best car I've ever had. This is my 2nd Odyssey and this is even better than the 2004 I had before. However, since I can no longer drive, I need to give it up. Certainly not because I want to."

2006 Ody was a good choice.

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pros: "Drive, power, interior finish, and safety."

Cons: "Too sweet for off-road."

"2006 Odyssey purchaced with over 100k showing. We've owned it exactly a year and love it. Comfort, power, drive is all incredible. We've put over 20k on it this year, which is more miles than normal because we like driving it so much. We skipped 1999-2004 & 2005 based on advice from a Honda mechanic and settled on the 2006. So far, we are very happy with that choice."

Great vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "Price, MPG, comfort, convience, looks"

Cons: "PAX from factory"

"Not had any complaints except the PAX system which we recently had removed and can now have standard tires placed next time We've also not had ANY transmission issues (unlike the reviews)"

Great van none better

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "everything will done"

Cons: "nonthing"

"We love to drive and will buy another"

Great vehicle

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "I never thought I wanted to own a van...no longer."

"The seats are excellent for comfort and long distance driving. My husband had a bad back when we bought it, and he was amazed at the comfort. It is roomy, gets great gas mileage and has had no issues. We are so sold on Honda that we bought another one. You can't go wrong."

Greaat Car!

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and great turning radius."

Cons: "Wish back window opened."

"I have nothing but good things to say about this car. I bought it new and have never regretted the purchase. It handles like a sedan, but has plenty of hauling room. Everything still works after almost seven years of city traffic. I would buy another one again in a heartbeat but there's no need since this one is doing just fine."

not the best

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Reason: downsised

Pros: "looks mpg"

Cons: "quality"

"not the best but still a good car the best non american made car sofar"

Love it!

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "Comfy, fits everything, fold in floor seats"

Cons: "Wish I got auto trunk lift"

"As much as I never wanted to be a minivan mom, I absolutely love this van! 8 years old and 170,000 miles and nothing negative to say. We did our research before purchasing and it paid off. I have no real need for a van any more but I am having a hard time parting with it. Now, if my husband wants to buy me a new one I won't say "no" :)"

It has been a great van but time to buy smaller .

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

"Kids now living out of state in ( lots of hills )st. clairsville ohio and we don't need a van any more so to vist going to get a awd suv . Honda has been a great but its time . I think getting a tow package as a extra from dealer when I order the ody in 2007 helps the trans, power steering and rad. with extra coolers . (ps. I never towed with the van .)"

Get more for less

By on Sunday, August 11, 2013

"I must admit that I miss the sporty vehicles of my youth; so much so that I have been shopping for cars AGAIN. What I consistently find is that a SUV generally has the same or worse gas mileage, less room, less flexibility, and costs more. The van is just too practical to part with. My Odyssey has 4 comfortable captain's chairs, a rear entertainment center, a lazy susan in the floor, a first aid compartment under the front passenger seat, magic seats that I use daily, low vehicle height, and 3d row heat/air (which are great for the old dog). When the 2d row seats are out and the magic seats down, I have an 8 foot bed. There was enough room for me, my son, and the dog to sleep in our sleeping bags when it got too darned cold to stay in the tent. The use of space is I do feel that it takes a long time to stop (so I downshift). It's tall, so it doesn't take corners like a car."

disappointed overall, but has some good points

By on Monday, August 05, 2013

Pros: "Lot of cup holders, storage, power doors work well"

Cons: "2 many to list here, see text"

"Didn't do any research and bought based on Honda's reputation of top quality. Had 2 recalls, transmission and power steering issues. The car ran fine until about 38K and warranty was done. The thing has a clunking noise in the steering. Discovered owners have been complaining about this for over TEN YEARS. NOW, the engine has a misfire problem, and after scanning the net, I discovered this also is common with the engines having the cylinder deactivation feature, along with excess oil consumption. Haven't heard anything from Honda regarding fixes for these problems. The iridium spark plugs cost a fortune too. Changed them 3 mo ago, and the misfire is BACK. I couldn't sell this van to a private party, 'cause I would have to lie like a rug, and would probably get sued. My only option is to trade it in and take the loss at a dealer. WONT EVER BUY ANOTHER HONDA."

Excellent family vehicle

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

"Excellent family vehicle"

The Best HONDA yet!!!!

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "Clean, fun to drive, gr8 stereo and plenty of room"

"We purchased this Certified vehicle just over 5 years ago and all we've have to do was change the oil, replace the tires and fill it with gas. It has been the Best HONDA ever and we've had Hondas for the last 40 years or more for ourselves and our children. I like to due some maintenance on my vehicles but other than tire rotation and oil changes all I've been able to do is wash, wax and gas. I have changed the wipers and light bulbs I might add. We get 15 mpg around town, but we don't have but about 6 miles of paved roads on our little island so we can't wait to drive it one day on the interstate. All together other than my 1989 Acura that I accumulated more than 400K miles on before I gave it away, our Odyssey has been the BEST Vehicle EVER."

Best van I have ever owned! Great for the family!

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, great value, loaded with features"

"This is the best van I have ever owned! It runs smoothly and has plenty of features to keep our kids (and me :-0) occupied. Very comfortable and spacious. I've put a good amount of miles on this vehicle and it just keeps on running with out problems. Some of my friends own one of these and they have driven them over 200,000 miles!"

If you lick the driving and the of this van grabit

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Looks"

"This is the best van ever so so so reliable it's never let us down but I am a little disappointed with the looks I love it if your looking for a reliable minivan and you see the chans to get an odyssey I say grab it you can put miles and miles an any Honda but exspesholy the odyssey"

Best family van

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Convenience of going in and out of rear seats"

Cons: "The light colored leather seats stain quickly"

"This van is now 8 years old, still in great shape. Has all the gadgets I need. The kids love it on road trips, with Navigation, DVD and very roomy. We also could plug in an X-box with aux plugs in back row. I highly recommend it."

>100k in less than 5 years and going strong

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, quality, great family road trips"

Cons: "None really"

"We bought our 2008 EX-L Honda Odyssey new nearly 5 years ago and rolled over 105,000 miles this month. Except for regular maintenance and fuel, we haven't had one issue with it. We're about to put another set of tires on it around 110,000 miles, and just performed the 100k mile timing belt, water pump, etc. replacement, which should keep us in good shape for another 100,000 miles. It needs a good detailing and interior carpets shampooed, and we'll keep working toward 250,000 miles. My only regret is getting an after-market DVD system vs. the integrated factory system - sound would be better. I put off the minivan option longer than I should have, sticking to SUVs before this. It's interesting to see the faces on young people when you leave them at the green light - in a minivan. The Odyssey's V-6 has plenty of power and still gets around 20-23mpg on average."