2005 Honda Odyssey

Based on 690 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Excellent mini van to travel in. Very Good car.

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pros: "Great visability and easy to drive"

Cons: "Car is Noisy over 40 miles per hour"

"The EX-L comes fully loaded. Heated seats, DVD entertainment system, back up camera and navigation. Love this car! Only complaints would be that it is a bit noisy, air blowing around front fire wall, more noticeable on the highway and gas mileage is not very good."

Best van I have ever owned

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

Pros: "Great Power, great local/long distance mileage"

"I have had 7 different vans over the years, and this one exceeds all of the others by far. I keep my vehicles in top mechanical shape, as well as the looks. I always customize mine to make it mine, personally. It is grey/blue with painted striping on the hood and rear, and, designs on the sides to match the van. Interior is leather with red custom seat covers on the front and middle seats, protective rubber mat in the back. Rear seats fold down, out of sight. Window shades in sliding doors. Motor is as clean as the rest of the van. All service records."

Best vehicle I have EVER owned - since 1960

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pros: "Reliability, Ride, Interior Comfort, turn ratio"

Cons: "Poor visability out back when backing out."

"In my later years - and PARTICULARLY after personal vehicle prices exceeded $20K - I got over the "need" to own a "new" car. New cars depreciates by as much as 10% when you drive it off the dealer's lot. I'll let someone ELSE take that depreciation. I look for well engineered and reliable USED cars. I have a bro-in-law who is a Used Car dealer, and knows which wholesalers sell the best maintained/detailed vehicles. He found me a 2006 (in 2011) HONDA ODYSSEY with 103K miles. The vehicle LOOKED NEW - only very minor paint flaws, but scratches on read seat where dog rode. I got EVERYTHING that it had NEW at 33¢ on the new price dollar. Have been driving it for 3 years without a BIT of trouble. It's RIDE is as good as our Lincoln Town Car we traded off. I am amazed with it's turn ratio. Get just a little road noise, but maybe can improve that with the next set of tires. ONLY COMPLAINT: despite the rear view camera, the rear view when backing is not as good as my 2000 Mercury Villager. LOVE THIS VEHICLE!!"

Love this vehicle

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pros: "comfortable, handles beautifully, a lot of space"

"There is really nothing about the Odyssey that I dislike. This has been an amazing vehicle for our family of 5, and for when we have extra people to transport. Comfortable seats, really smooth driving experience, longevity (we plan to get to 200000 miles with it)."

This is my dream van, loaded with all i want and

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "priced right joy to drive a short or long distance"

Cons: "best vehicle i ever had, 15 yr owner of odyessy"

"use, Like the navigation system, the back up camera, heated outside mirrors, XM radio stations, drivers power seat, blue metallic color, driving is fun, good all around view from drivers seat, tinted side rear windows, roof rack for thule car carrier, read hitch for bike rack and towing etc. I want to buy another Honda odyssey. Never broke down on the road, serviced by Honda since new. Great for traveling long distance, and camping."

We have had 3 Odysseys, loved everyone .

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, fun to drive."

Cons: "All it needs is gas."

"This is a great reliable vehicle. It has mostly highway miles. The first three years we owned it, we traveled to Palm Springs, CA for the winter (Late Dec. and returned early April). We spent 10 days round trip. It has never had a breakdown or flat tire. We have gotten nearly 27 mpg occasionally. I regularly gets 22-24 mpg. It's comfortable and fun to drive. We just bought new tires last fall and plan on purchasing a new battery. The floor mats have some stains and dirt and need cleaning. This is the only criticism I have. This can be eliminated by regular cleaning."

125,000 miles and going strong!

By on Tuesday, February 17, 2015

"This is my second Honda Odyssey, and at 125,000 miles I am not ready to part with it yet but rather will pass it down to my teenager. Love the van, it's comfort, it's roominess and most of all it's reliability. I'd by a third but no longer need a mini-van for family needs."

Love it,,,

By on Sunday, February 01, 2015

Pros: "great comfort, lots of options for hauling."

Cons: "temperature controls, no aux for electronics"

"I own this vehicle, bought new. Great for long or short trips, very comfortable ride. Great space if needing to haul, easy to take seats out. Moved children 5 years from dorms to home 350 miles and loaded too max for camping trips. 6 comfortable seating for adults, but can hold 8 with 2 small children"

Best Family Van

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

"My van is about to turn 200Kmile but still running great. No major problem beside regular maintenances. Maybe just the way I drive, I only need to change the original front brake pads at #129Kmile and the rear at #176Kmile. My family really enjoy this van. We took family road trips everywhere. I take care of this van and it takes care of my family. Best Van Money Can Buy, but it might be just my opinion. I have a friend that decided to trade in her brand new 2013 Honda van after 4 month of ownership because she had a lemon, lots of problems. I felt bad at that time recommended her the Honda Odyssey."

Great workhorse, but overall expensive

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "Very comfortable for long trips with decent mpg"

Cons: "Could have large fuel tank and better brakes"

"We love the cargo size as we have a business where often need 4x8ft sheets that sit flat and stay out of elements. Of the three vehicles we own, this has been the most expensive due to repairs on AC, brakes and door hardware. The brakes rust up easily if not driven at least twice a week."

Great Vehicle.

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Cons: "In 8 years haven't know of any."

"Been driving 54 years and have owned all brands etc. Never had a vehicle I loved more than my Odyssey. Everything about it is great."

Very excellent well designed and built.

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "See above."

Cons: "See above."

"Purchased my 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring new December 2004. The next design series started with the 2011 model year and I chose to keep the 2005 over the lack of favorite features in the new series; such as, adjustable pedals, dual glove boxes, the worlds best cup holders, steel lockable storage compartment in the second row floor, and so on. On the third set of Michelin PAX System tires. Breaks are original. Gently adult driven and maintained by the book plus. 100% maintenance and fueling records. I'd buy this car again. The Odyssey is the Minivan Benchmark."

Good reliable transportation

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

Pros: "Drives well, good mileage and reliable"

Cons: "Navigation System and backup camera horrible"

"This Vehicle has been a reliable source of transportation. It drives well, is easy to park and is nice to take on long road trips. The biggest complaint is the Nav system is pathetic and the backup camera is terrible. Screen is washed out in bright sunlight rendering it useless and the NAV system upgrades are way overpriced plus compare to other nav systems it is anemic. I shows my entering uncharted territory when going into my subdivision which has been here 40 years. It's like they stop updating it in 1995. My nave system in my 2012 Ram 2500 and back up camera run circles around the one in the oddesey. Have had a few maintenance issues but with 106,000 I expect that. Overall I have been very satisfied with this vehicle"

Satisfactory except for terrible mileage.

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Pros: "Large cargo area, power sliding doors and liftgate"

Cons: "Poor mileage, road noise."

"Bought this vehicle used with 24000 miles in December 2011. Overall has been satisfactory, except for poor mileage (15 mpg city) and a persistent braking vibration when decelarating. I was told it was a rotor problem, new rotors did not resolve the issue. Two recalls so far: new struts for liftgate, new cover on top of fuel pump."

Best vehicle I have ever owned!!!

By on Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pros: "Love everything about my 2007 Honda Odyssey!!"

"Made a very wise decision to purchase my 2007 Honda Odyssey. By far the most dependable & reliable vehicle I have ever owned or driven!!"

I love this vehicle

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "Drives like a Luxury car."

Cons: "Fuel milage could be better."

"The only reason I inquired about the resale value is to compare it to what I owe on it to see if I am upside down on the note. As great as the Odyssey is, it does not seem to hold it's value well. I would like to trade it for a new one after the first of the year."

Want to replace it with newer version.

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "Great looking mini, fun to drive, very comfortable"

Cons: "Blind spots on sides of windshield."

"We have no problems with this vehicle It is comfortable to drive and to ride in on long trips. This is our first Honda after years of Toyotas and it seemed that it needed a few more repairs than we were accustomed to with the Toyotas. However, we liked the drive in the Honda better than the Sienna. I felt it was a safe car and was impressed that our insurance rates were so low due to the safety features. It has held up well, looks new and people are always surprised when we tell them how old it is. The gas milage is reasonable and the maintenance has been also."

Great workhorse and family hauler for 8 years

By on Friday, October 17, 2014

Pros: "For a mini-van it's the best handling one to buy."

Cons: "Repair bills pile up after hitting 100,000 miles"

"Our 2006 Honda Odyssey has endured 8 years and 100,000 miles of abuse from our growing family, dogs, and Colorado winters. Each winter we swap in a set of snow tires and as long as the roads are plowed, the van handles snow and ice like a champ. Easily the most practical, and up until now, durable and reliable vehicle I've ever owned. At 100,000, though, stuff is starting to wear out/go on the fritz. We had to replace a cracked engine mount and recently the alternator suddenly gave up and took a new battery with it. The van has gone from costing $100-$300 a year to maintain to $1,000-$2,500 in the last year to keep running. Hard to truly complain with a vehicle that's getting on in age and mileage, but I honestly thought I'd reach 200,000 miles before seeing these kinds of repair bills. My brother and sister both have Hondas with 200,000+ trouble-free miles on them."

An overall excellent automobile

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

"Recalls completed by dealer quickly and without delay. I replaced the useless run flat rims with standard Honda Odyssey rims. Otherwise, this Honda is a great automobile."

Terrific Family-travel veh. Roomy, Quiet,Reliable

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "A limo in a Family Veh."

Cons: "I have no negatives for this make or Style"

"This is the 10 out of 10, Mini Vans."

Great reliable vehicle for families

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and reliable"

Cons: "Transmission issues"

"This car has served my family well for the last 8 years, and we have enjoyed it. Now we are moving to a different vehicle as children are grown and we are now in a different phase of family life. It is a very comfortable vehicle to drive and own."

Vehicle is in very good condition inside and out.

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Low maintenance."

Cons: "Best options only available on the upper model"

"I have not had any major or minor problems with the Odyssey for the 6 years I have owned it. Bought it new in 2008. All recalls have been corrected by Honda. New brake pads and rotors, new tires and minor body finish nicks repaired in 2014. No rust. Interior is equipped with Weather Tech floor mats since 2008. All mats and carpet is in very good condition. Owned a GM Van previously and within the eight years I owned that particular vehicle, I spent approximately 3-4 thousand dollars in repair bills after the 3 yr warranty expired (naturally). Wasn't at all happy with that one. Had never owned a Honda vehicle before my Odyssey. I am a believer in Honda."

Best vehicle so far

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and reliable with good gas mileage"

Cons: "middle seats heavy to remove and put back"

"The 2005 Odyssey Touring is the best vehicle that I have owned so far. Many trips from Wisconsin to Florida hauling people as well as stuff have proven to be comfortable and reliable. Its versatility for local errands as well as for longer trips make using this vehicle an easy choice. I will be looking towards another Odyssey Touring when it's time for replacement."

great vehicle, well engineered

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "dependable, drives like a sedan"

Cons: "road noise on interstates"

"except for road noise, this is a great vehicle for local AND long distance driving. seats are comfortable and controls are accessible and functional. the 2014 is, reportedly, a good deal quieter."

In my opinion this is an excellent car.

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Very good to drive and economic"

"It is in excellent condition, inside is like almost new, but outside has some needs paintwork because the years of use, everything is working perfectly an the tires are good."