2005 Honda Odyssey

Based on 703 Ratings for the 2005 - 2010 models.

Transmission Problems!

By on Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A). Like many other owners we too are having transmission issues. We just had to the dealer for the transmission "judder" fix, but guess what? It's worse than it was before! Vehicle shakes at 25 MPH while transmission hunts for a gear, especially on hills. There is also an intermittent shake at highway speeds (70 MPH) that I no longer believe has anything to do with tires or alignment, but with the drivetrain itself. Like others when entering/exiting ECO mode there is too much noise from the transmission. The VCM system does not seem to improve gas mileage so I say Honda should eliminate it. We've had 7 Hondas now and this is the first and only Odyssey we will own."

Happy Owner

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"We bought this van after owning a 2000 Toyota Sienna for 4 years. This EX-L Odyssey is by far better looking, more comfortable and has much better handling and performance. I truly enjoy driving it on the weekends with the kids. However, I do not enjoy taking it to the gas station, I guess you can't have great performance and great gas mileage...oh well! I bought this car used and I have not had the car very long but have already had a couple of mnor problems: the ECO mode stopped working once (bad sensor wire), the DVD lost sound through the headphones (a wire came loose in the dash), there was a recall on the fuel pump and the front brakes had to be replaced after 30,000 miles (the dealer said the factory brakes seem to have too much metal in them and they are causing some noise and other issues). I am getting ready to run out the warranty (36,000 miles), and I am bit concerned...Even though all of these issues are minor, they would have cost quite a bit out of pocket without the warranty. I do enjoy this van...the little features that Honda provides like DVD sound through the stereo, seperate climate controls, both sliding doors powered, cup holders everywhere and the lazy-susan in the floor for the kids, especially for the fact it has two compartment doors that allow the driver/passenger to reach things as well. The only feature missing, in my opinion, is the powered lift gate...I almost bought the 2007 Nissan Quest for that one feature (for the same price as this used Odyssey). Overall, I am happy with my purchase...it helps to know that the resale value is fantastic on this vehicle as well, good luck finding a used one!"

You'll get your money's worth from Honda Odyssey!

By on Monday, May 04, 2015

Pros: "Carries people & their things in stylish comfort."

Cons: "No cons. It's perfect for the growing family."

"This van has served us so well in so many ways. The perfect vehicle for raising two kids, especially if they are a little older. The leather looks great and has held up well. The van has taken everyone and everything anywhere and everywhere without any hiccups. It is more solid than the other brands of vans, with it's insulated doors, door seals and engineering it is also the quietest riding. I could go on and on about the Honda Odyssey and how well it has served us in every respect a family of four could demand of it but then you'd never get to read this!"

great vehicle, well engineered

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "dependable, drives like a sedan"

Cons: "road noise on interstates"

"except for road noise, this is a great vehicle for local AND long distance driving. seats are comfortable and controls are accessible and functional. the 2014 is, reportedly, a good deal quieter."

excellent car

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "great an accident situation."

Cons: "wish it has slightly better gas mileage."

"I was recently in a head-on collision and because of the superb engineering of this car and it's stabilizer I was able to walk away with slight back pain. Although the gas mileage isn't bad, just wish it was in the mid 20s. 17 cup holders, very roomy, and great storage. Kids love the rear-dvd system."