2004 Honda Odyssey

8.1

Based on 616 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Transmission acting up.

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

"I bought this car used at 39k miles. Everything seems to be in working order accept for the AC. Had to change the compressor. Old owner never changed the cabin filter. I also had the transmission fluid changed with honda ATF. Remember only use Honda ATF fluid, or your will have transmission issues and eventually failure. I used the van to haul people, furniture, garbage on and off for 3 years and the van just past 53k miles. The transmission started acting funny. I immediately went to the dealership to have the fluid changed with Honda ATF and the transmission seems better. The mechanic at the Honda dealer recommended changing the transmission fluid every 10k to avoid issues and to install a transmission cooler. That's my next To-Do for this van. Let's cross our fingers."

4th Transmission replacement

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Reason: 4th transmission

Pros: "Great engine, drives well"

Cons: "4th transmission before 150,000 miles"

"Drives great, seats 7 passengers, great power, great engine, safe care BUT 4TH TRANSMISSION REPLACEMENT before 150,000 miles. BEWARE of 2001 Honda Odyssey engine is too strong for the weak transmission. First two transmissions repairs covered by Honda, last two paid by me."

Dependable vehicle. "Takes a lickin & keeps tickn

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Worth every penney we paid. Great Value"

Cons: "Orig transmission did not have a cooler"

"Replaced transmission @ 100K mi. Keep it maintained and it just keeps on going. I use it in a small business. It's like a truck. The paint is starting to chip off. I haven't been good keeping it waxed. The interior is almost like new."

A few little issues but overall a good car

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "solid, dependable, useful"

Cons: "gas guzzler, boring"

"Bought this van with 90k on it four years ago and now has 148k. In this time I have replaced timing belt and done routine maintenance, added a trailer hitch. Two things came up in the past year: 1. Motor mounts. Had to replace all five. It felt like transmission was slipping, but it was torqueing on acceleration. New mounts fixed the problem. 2. Creak/clunk from front struts. This appears to be a regular Odyssey issue. My mechanic fixed it by cleaning and lubricating the strut MOUNTS, not replacing the struts."

Best minivan on the market.

By on Monday, July 09, 2012

Pros: "Everything about this car is a pro."

Cons: "No automatic back door"

"Had this vehicle 9 years, drove over 135,000 miles. With proper maintenance I have never had a mechcanical breakdown. This car still runs as if it is new. I am not afraid to go anywhere with it. I would recommend this car to anyone with a family who wants a dependable vehicle that is going to last a long time. Just remember, proper maintenance is the key."