2004 Honda Odyssey

8.1

Based on 595 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Previous | 1 ... 22 23 24 | Next

Love the Leather

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"I bought this 2003 Honda Odyssey EXL used certified in summer of 2005. Had a couple minor problems in the beginning with bad tire, window rock pops, etc., but convinced the dealer to cover them. I think the ride is fantastic. We previously owned a 2001 Plymouth Grand Voyager, which I loved for its spacious room. And, we owned a 1998 Dodge Caravan, our first van. Those vans drove like tanks compared to the Odyssey! The Odyssey feels like a luxury car - as close as I'd ever get to one anyway! And, it has held it's value super compared to them. I lost $3000/year in depreciation on both the other vans. The Odyssey appears to have depreciated approximately $2000 per year, but hard to know since I haven't tried to sell it. I can't get use to the radio dials and such, I think my old vans were a little more intuitive, but it's not bad. I love the fold down seat with no cables or anything to catch on in the 3rd row when I want to stash thing under it. Major benefit compared to the Voyager. I hate the electronic doors. They are WAY too slow for me. The Voyagers manual doors were quick and easy to open and shut, no waiting while it is raining. These Odyssey doors get messed up if you shift into gear before they close. I have been told that they can get stuck open (which I have had happen temporarily, but was able to turn stuff off and on to get it to work again). If they do break, they supposedly cost a lot, not to mention having a huge problem on your hands. I worry about that, but it hasn't happend to me yet. I love Honda engines. We have had a 1991 CRX HF since it was new and it has kept on going, though I think we could have taken better care of it. It still gets in the high 40's for gas mileage! The Odyssey is getting about 22 miles per gallon. I don't differentiate hwy vs city, but live in a small town and drive mostly highway, I suppose. I hate the little cup holder pop-up tray between the seats. It is poorly designed and is more a nuisance to me, considering I often carry a bunch of stuff and like to get at things under the tray. They should have designed it to fold UP, NOT down. The cup holders are utterly useless. But, there is room for a floor cup holder, so it is not a problem. We just use the built in ones for loose change, etc. I REALLY wish we had the fold down middle seats. And, I wish this was a diesel or hybrid. But, again, the handling is fantastic. I love the heated seats. But, bummer, why didn't they put heat in the back of the passenger seat, too? On long trips, when my spouse drives and I'm colder, he has the heat on the back, and not me! At least I have it in the seat. I miss the dual air control of the Voyager, but, frankly, we fought even then because it didn't work that great. So, I suppose they are about equal on that front. Wish the head rests were like the newer models so they didn't have to be removed when we flip the seat down, but learned to stick them in the back pockets of the front seats. The leather is wonderfully comfortable and easy to clean! I love the light gray. Drives fantastic in the snow. I feared for my life everytime I drove the Plymouth Grand Voyager in Northern Michigan - literally. I had no problems with the Odyssey in the cold. I feel safe and love that it is 5-star rated."

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"great car for familys"

Transmission problems

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"I bought this car in October 2001. The transmission had to be replaced in October 2005. It is now time for another new transmission. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone."

A GREAT VEHICLE

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"MY FIRST HONDA, BUT CERTAINLY NOT MY LAST. I HAVE HAD 108,000 TROUBLE FREE MILES WITH IT, AND HAVE HAD GREAT DEALER SERVICE THE ENTIRE TIME. MY WIFE DROPS THE VAN OFF FOR REGULAR SCHEDULED SERVICE, AND THINKS THE DEALER SERVICE DEPT IS TERRIFIC. THE VAN IS COMFORTABLE, VERY FLEXIBLE IN WHAT IT CAN HAUL, PEOPLE OR STUFF-AS FAR AS STYLING GOES, IT IS A BIG BOX, NOTHING REALLY MORE. PERFORMANCE IS MORE THAN ADEQUATE, MILEAGE HAS BEEN 22-26 DEPENDING ON HOW HARD IT IS DRIVEN. HONDA QUALITY IS SUPERB, AND FIT AND FINISH ARE TOP NOTCH. LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE, IT IS BEST TO MAINTAIN IT ACCORDING TO THE HONDA SCHEDULE. I WOULD GUESS THAT IT WILL BE GOOD FOR AT LEAST 200 THOUSAND MILES, PROBABLY MORE. A REALLY WONDERFUL VAN."

best Vehicle I've ever owned

By on Saturday, August 04, 2007

"I would rate this vehicle a 5 star anytime. Very Dependable, reliable, comfortable, easy to drive. It just keeps on going!!!"

Great Value Great Family Car

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"We bought ours new in 2000 and have put 167,000 trouble free miles on it and it runs today as good as when it was brand new! My wife especially likes the disappearing fold down in the floor, back seat and the dual Power slide doors. Other than regular oil changes and maintenance, we have never had to do anything mechanically to this van in the 7 years we haved owned it. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have every owned. I believe it will run for at least another 100,000 miles."

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

Excellent Vehicle

By on Saturday, July 28, 2007

"Looks great and gets 26 MPG. Dual power sliding doors are very convenient. If you have kids and need to drive a van, the Odyssey is the one to buy!"

Great Vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"We have been more than happy with every Honda we've ever owned (this is our 3rd). Even though our kids we bought the Oddysey when our kids needed lots of transporting, we will likely bjuy another though we're soon to be empty nesters."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"This has been a great vehicle, a joy to travel in!"

Love IT

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"I love my van so much.....It's great when we have to transport things in the rain we just flip the backseat into the "bucket", easily remove the second row of seats & we have a truck w/a camper.....my kids love the captain chairs so they don't have to sit next to eachother while watching their movies. I love the luxury of having dual sliding doors @ the push of a button. If your choose to own this van it'll be the best car purchase you have ever made. The one & only thing I must say I wish I had was the roll down windows on the sliding doors like the newer models have."

Great family vehicle

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"This vehicle is very good for families. The inside is spacious with fold into the floor rear seat that provides lots of room for cargo. The only complaint I have is the ride to me is a little rough. One of the roughest vehicles I have ever driven."

Good Family Vehicle

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"This van has performed well for my family. Only problems we've had are the power/cigarette lighter coming out of the socket ($40 to fix), two plastic pieces from under the front driver seat coming off (haven't figured out yet how to put them back on) and the radio controls on the steering wheel not always functioning like intended (volume button sometimes changes the station; station changing button sometimes changes the volume; sometimes buttons work perfectly ( not a big problem)) The van is very roomy and comfortable for trips. We did two trips of four hours each, with 5 adults and 2 children, luggage and other necessities, and had enough space to enjoy the rides."

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Transmission acting up.

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

"I bought this car used at 39k miles. Everything seems to be in working order accept for the AC. Had to change the compressor. Old owner never changed the cabin filter. I also had the transmission fluid changed with honda ATF. Remember only use Honda ATF fluid, or your will have transmission issues and eventually failure. I used the van to haul people, furniture, garbage on and off for 3 years and the van just past 53k miles. The transmission started acting funny. I immediately went to the dealership to have the fluid changed with Honda ATF and the transmission seems better. The mechanic at the Honda dealer recommended changing the transmission fluid every 10k to avoid issues and to install a transmission cooler. That's my next To-Do for this van. Let's cross our fingers."

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Good & The Bad

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Honda has a great reputation, and the Odyssey has lots of great things going for it. Roomy, comfortable, good power, good looking. A good ergonomic design and very good on long trips. However, this vehicle also has a few major defects that end up costing a bunch. The sliding doors and the transmission on this particular car were both repaired or replaced under warranty. But soon after the warranty expired, both items again needed big $ repairs. Many owners have reported the same problems. I would recommend a newer Odyssey, but stay away from the early decade version."

A great family vehicle...

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"We bought one of the first 1999 Odysseys off the line back in 1999. Overall, we have been very pleased with it. It rides great, has plenty of room, and decent highway gas mileage. My wife doesn't want to get rid of it now, but she needs something a little smaller. If you find a used one in good condition (check out the transmission!) at a reasonable price, then jump on it!"

Only Way to Go

By on Sunday, July 08, 2007

"The best choice for a mid-sized or larger family. We were disappointed when the transmission failed at about 60K, but it was replaced under warranty, and almost everything's been great ever since. Surprising fun to drive."

Previous | 1 ... 22 23 24 | Next