2004 Honda Odyssey

8.1

Based on 601 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

Love the Leather

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"I bought this 2003 Honda Odyssey EXL used certified in summer of 2005. Had a couple minor problems in the beginning with bad tire, window rock pops, etc., but convinced the dealer to cover them. I think the ride is fantastic. We previously owned a 2001 Plymouth Grand Voyager, which I loved for its spacious room. And, we owned a 1998 Dodge Caravan, our first van. Those vans drove like tanks compared to the Odyssey! The Odyssey feels like a luxury car - as close as I'd ever get to one anyway! And, it has held it's value super compared to them. I lost $3000/year in depreciation on both the other vans. The Odyssey appears to have depreciated approximately $2000 per year, but hard to know since I haven't tried to sell it. I can't get use to the radio dials and such, I think my old vans were a little more intuitive, but it's not bad. I love the fold down seat with no cables or anything to catch on in the 3rd row when I want to stash thing under it. Major benefit compared to the Voyager. I hate the electronic doors. They are WAY too slow for me. The Voyagers manual doors were quick and easy to open and shut, no waiting while it is raining. These Odyssey doors get messed up if you shift into gear before they close. I have been told that they can get stuck open (which I have had happen temporarily, but was able to turn stuff off and on to get it to work again). If they do break, they supposedly cost a lot, not to mention having a huge problem on your hands. I worry about that, but it hasn't happend to me yet. I love Honda engines. We have had a 1991 CRX HF since it was new and it has kept on going, though I think we could have taken better care of it. It still gets in the high 40's for gas mileage! The Odyssey is getting about 22 miles per gallon. I don't differentiate hwy vs city, but live in a small town and drive mostly highway, I suppose. I hate the little cup holder pop-up tray between the seats. It is poorly designed and is more a nuisance to me, considering I often carry a bunch of stuff and like to get at things under the tray. They should have designed it to fold UP, NOT down. The cup holders are utterly useless. But, there is room for a floor cup holder, so it is not a problem. We just use the built in ones for loose change, etc. I REALLY wish we had the fold down middle seats. And, I wish this was a diesel or hybrid. But, again, the handling is fantastic. I love the heated seats. But, bummer, why didn't they put heat in the back of the passenger seat, too? On long trips, when my spouse drives and I'm colder, he has the heat on the back, and not me! At least I have it in the seat. I miss the dual air control of the Voyager, but, frankly, we fought even then because it didn't work that great. So, I suppose they are about equal on that front. Wish the head rests were like the newer models so they didn't have to be removed when we flip the seat down, but learned to stick them in the back pockets of the front seats. The leather is wonderfully comfortable and easy to clean! I love the light gray. Drives fantastic in the snow. I feared for my life everytime I drove the Plymouth Grand Voyager in Northern Michigan - literally. I had no problems with the Odyssey in the cold. I feel safe and love that it is 5-star rated."

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"great car for familys"

Transmission problems

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"I bought this car in October 2001. The transmission had to be replaced in October 2005. It is now time for another new transmission. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone."

A GREAT VEHICLE

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"MY FIRST HONDA, BUT CERTAINLY NOT MY LAST. I HAVE HAD 108,000 TROUBLE FREE MILES WITH IT, AND HAVE HAD GREAT DEALER SERVICE THE ENTIRE TIME. MY WIFE DROPS THE VAN OFF FOR REGULAR SCHEDULED SERVICE, AND THINKS THE DEALER SERVICE DEPT IS TERRIFIC. THE VAN IS COMFORTABLE, VERY FLEXIBLE IN WHAT IT CAN HAUL, PEOPLE OR STUFF-AS FAR AS STYLING GOES, IT IS A BIG BOX, NOTHING REALLY MORE. PERFORMANCE IS MORE THAN ADEQUATE, MILEAGE HAS BEEN 22-26 DEPENDING ON HOW HARD IT IS DRIVEN. HONDA QUALITY IS SUPERB, AND FIT AND FINISH ARE TOP NOTCH. LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE, IT IS BEST TO MAINTAIN IT ACCORDING TO THE HONDA SCHEDULE. I WOULD GUESS THAT IT WILL BE GOOD FOR AT LEAST 200 THOUSAND MILES, PROBABLY MORE. A REALLY WONDERFUL VAN."