2004 Honda Odyssey

8.1

Based on 605 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pros: "Extremely reliable, put on over 250,000 miles"

Cons: "Sliding doors freeze"

"Great car, drove it hard and it was up to the task. Very limited maintenance, most pretty routine, not bad after putting on 250000 miles."

One of the best cars on the road by far !

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Sure gonna miss it when I sell it !

"I love this vehicle ! For some reason most of these vehicles look very nice N clean even though mine is almost 11 years old N it looks, and drives just as good as ever, double A/C has been charged with no problem ! Changed the transmission oil , which made a big difference! Very good engineering having owned at least one hundred cars in my lifetime ! New , used and old ! I've also owned other used Hondas with two to 300,000 miles on them, still good for another 100,000 With A/C and were very dependable vehicles !"

Sure gonna miss it when I sell it !

Disappointing not at all what I expected

By on Monday, December 01, 2014

Pros: "nice drive"

Cons: "they need better transmissions/reliability is poor"

"I purchased my 2004 Honda odyssey from a local dealer used with 122,000 miles on it. The dealership said that the car had a new transmission put in before I purchased it. I had read that transmissions were notorious for failing in this year odyssey, but the salesman assured me that once the transmission was replaced that the problem was solved. Well here I am 2.5 years and 52,000 miles later and my transmission is having trouble and since it is almost Christmas I do not have the time or money to service it. The driver side sliding door has to be locked manually, the passenger door needs a new window regulator, and I have replaced the starter since purchasing the vehicle."

Best all around vehicle ever.

By on Monday, December 01, 2014

Pros: "great, flexible seat design."

Cons: "Back seat doesnt recline."

"Best vehicle for families to take on long road trips. Lots of room for luggage, comfortable seats to sleep in, and very quiet. Take one of the middle seats out and 6 hockey bags and players, one being a goalie and his pads, fit great. My coworkers $50,000 truck cant fit a 4'x8' sheet of plywood and close the tailgate on his truck. Well I can. We finished my basement with this van. Never used a truck to deliver anything. My 3 sons mowed lawns for 10 years, fit 3 push mowers, weedwackers, blowers, and a garbage can in the back. It may be front wheel drive, but the only time it failed me in the snow was because there was 4 feet of snow in the winter of 2010. We made it 1 block down the street only to find that none of the roads had been plowed yet, so we turned around for our own safety. Only had pushed it once, into the driveway. No transmission problems unlike other hondas made around the early 2000's. Tons of cup holders, seriously the driver has access to 6 cup holders. It is big, but very easy to drive and park. Can feel crosswinds on open highways more so than a sedan."

Just rolled 200,000. Everything Original!

By on Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pros: "Can't kill it!"

Cons: "Seats are not very comfortable on long trips."

"My 1st 200,000 mile car. Bought it new in July 2002, followed the dealer maintenance and here I am, all original except for the timing belt and water pump recommended service at 100,000. I am hooked on Honda now."