2003 Honda Odyssey

8.1

Based on 613 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Best reliable vehicle ever!

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

"All I could say having this van at this mileage with the original transmission and engine I could not find any complains at all. Major works that were done on this van were timing belt replaced x 2 every 110,000 miles and a catalytic converter that got replaced at 180,000 miles. Had changed all gasket seals on oil pans both transmission and engine. Never had a major breakdown. The Secret Oil changed and transmission oil changed regularly retains the life of it. I'm proud of this Odyssey. Not to mention original rear drum brakes which I have to replaced soon. My rating falls short only on value as I have to pay MSRP at that time when it first came out. I was lucky enough since some other dealers were selling it @ $2500+ over MSRP due to its popularity."

Reliable and Family Oriented

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Breaking and acceleration"

Cons: "It's still a minivan"

"A minivan is not my dream car. But, it is perfect for tail gating, hauling my three kids to all their activities, etc... Nice pick up merging onto the highway and really like the responsive breaking. Have not had to put any additional money into the vehicle except the usual brakes, tires, filters, and oil changes."

Excellent Minivan

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "great seats; long lasting engine and tranny"

Cons: "automatic doors"

"We purchased this vehicle used with a little over 200,000 miles. According to the previous owner, they had not made any major repairs (only minor things like new tires and brakes) and had driven it to Florida a couple of times and also to California and also back and forth on the interstate for their work. We put the additional 65,000 on it and have only had to get new tires and replace the wheel bearings on one side. It has never left me stranded. It isn't the fastest off the line and it doesn't really have any bells and whistles but it runs good. The transmission is starting to get sluggish, which I think is appropriate at 265,000 miles. We still drive this vehicle daily and I'm feeling sad knowing that her days are numbered and I need to choose something else. My only complaints are the "automatic" doors. They don't work properly and it was going to cost over $200 a piece to fix them. Since they still work..just annoyingly slow and when it rains you have to help them a little, we opted not to fix them. The seating is very nice. The chairs are very comfortable and large."

Great minivan! Very dependable with one exception.

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "Great family vehicle. Very good interior."

Cons: "Transmission troubles."

"After 200,000 miles I can say that this is one of the most dependable vehicles I have ever owned with one exception. The transmission was replaced just before 100,000 miles under warranty. Honda has a bit of history with transmission troubles in this era. Having said that, almost every other major system is still original. The A/C lasted to 195,000. Other vans I have owned cost far more in repairs than even the cost of a transmission so this is still a winner in my book."

frustrating experience

By on Monday, September 22, 2008

"We purchased our Odyssey in '02, knowing the Honda reputation and planning on driving the van for 10 years. At 6 years and 139000 miles, we have replaced the transmission (AH gave us a "deal" with a cost of $2500) and had water pump, heat, and electrical problems with our van. At this point, I am ready to replace rather than repair it again- it hesitates when shifting. All maintainence was done with Honda dealership- expensive! I don't feel we got our $$ worth with this van."