2001 Honda Odyssey

8.1

Based on 630 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

I love my van. my 3rd van. and it's been the best

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "A great drive, I feel very safe in my van."

Cons: "can't think of any"

"My van rides like it's on rails. great gas mileage for such a large vehicle. I'd recommend ir for anyone looking for a great family van. Packs in all the kids and their stuff. and the cargo space is so big. I've had huge things in the back."

OWNED 10.5 YEARS

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

"Bought new in 02 and have not any major issues with the van. Gas mileage 20 in town, 25+ on the road. Great value for the money. Can haul lot's of stuff if you remove second row seats. Have not had any issues with transmission. Negative's: clock light goes out and costs about 60.00 to replace. Motor for rear quarter windows went out, cost about 200 to replace each. Not as quiet as a Toyota. Cost little under 25K when new now work about $6000. For some reason the same year Accord is worth more, but cost less."

Best minivan on the market.

By on Monday, July 9, 2012

Pros: "Everything about this car is a pro."

Cons: "No automatic back door"

"Had this vehicle 9 years, drove over 135,000 miles. With proper maintenance I have never had a mechcanical breakdown. This car still runs as if it is new. I am not afraid to go anywhere with it. I would recommend this car to anyone with a family who wants a dependable vehicle that is going to last a long time. Just remember, proper maintenance is the key."

An Odyssey into repair land

By on Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"We bought our used 2001 Odyssey after our first child was born in 2003. It was reportedly one of the safest minivans on the market and we felt good about the purchase. Within the first year at about 90k miles, the tranny went out and the dealership replaced it. Two years and 40k later, the replacement tranny went out, this time we had to replace it. After only 21k miles on this tranny, it goes out and the dealership agreed to replace it but we had to pay the labor cost which was about $750.00. We did so and sold the van immediately after. We replaced this unreliable vehicle with a Lexus GS400 and have never looked back. If you are looking for reliability, stay away from this vehicle or you will be very,very sorry!"

Questional Reliability for a Honda

By on Monday, December 8, 2008

"I purchased my '03 Odyssey with 110,000 miles. The motor has had a faulty EGR valve issue and Honda didn't seem to learn from the transmission problems they had with the 1999-2001 models. I've had to rebuild my transmission at 136,00 even after they performed the recall that was supposed to "fix" the cooling issues they have with the five speed transmissions. The van in general is noisy and the stereo is weak. My previous vehicle was an Audi A6 and I have spent just has much on repairs for Honda reliability as I did for German ingenuity:l. This vehicle is my eighth Honda and the most disappointing."