2001 Honda Odyssey

8.1

Based on 604 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Disappointing not at all what I expected

By on Monday, December 01, 2014

Pros: "nice drive"

Cons: "they need better transmissions/reliability is poor"

"I purchased my 2004 Honda odyssey from a local dealer used with 122,000 miles on it. The dealership said that the car had a new transmission put in before I purchased it. I had read that transmissions were notorious for failing in this year odyssey, but the salesman assured me that once the transmission was replaced that the problem was solved. Well here I am 2.5 years and 52,000 miles later and my transmission is having trouble and since it is almost Christmas I do not have the time or money to service it. The driver side sliding door has to be locked manually, the passenger door needs a new window regulator, and I have replaced the starter since purchasing the vehicle."

Best all around vehicle ever.

By on Monday, December 01, 2014

Pros: "great, flexible seat design."

Cons: "Back seat doesnt recline."

"Best vehicle for families to take on long road trips. Lots of room for luggage, comfortable seats to sleep in, and very quiet. Take one of the middle seats out and 6 hockey bags and players, one being a goalie and his pads, fit great. My coworkers $50,000 truck cant fit a 4'x8' sheet of plywood and close the tailgate on his truck. Well I can. We finished my basement with this van. Never used a truck to deliver anything. My 3 sons mowed lawns for 10 years, fit 3 push mowers, weedwackers, blowers, and a garbage can in the back. It may be front wheel drive, but the only time it failed me in the snow was because there was 4 feet of snow in the winter of 2010. We made it 1 block down the street only to find that none of the roads had been plowed yet, so we turned around for our own safety. Only had pushed it once, into the driveway. No transmission problems unlike other hondas made around the early 2000's. Tons of cup holders, seriously the driver has access to 6 cup holders. It is big, but very easy to drive and park. Can feel crosswinds on open highways more so than a sedan."

Pampered

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and relaxed driving, like sitting high"

"One owner, garage kept, driven 7 months out of year, yearly check-up and serviced; served as motel, resturant, tail gate, bar and other family recreation and travel. Kids grown and out, so it's time to downsize. We'll miss it almost as much as we miss our kids. I hope whoever buys it, enjoy it as much as our family did!!"

Just rolled 200,000. Everything Original!

By on Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pros: "Can't kill it!"

Cons: "Seats are not very comfortable on long trips."

"My 1st 200,000 mile car. Bought it new in July 2002, followed the dealer maintenance and here I am, all original except for the timing belt and water pump recommended service at 100,000. I am hooked on Honda now."

Great versitile vehicle especilly long road trips

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Pros: "flexible for multi uses, reliable, economical"

Cons: "interior finish, road noise louder than some"

"Still using the car for long road trips at over 190K miles. It has been highly reliable and should be good for another 100K."