2000 Honda Odyssey

8.1

Based on 623 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

Problem with transmission ALOT

By on Thursday, December 04, 2008

"I am currently getting ready to replace my transmission for the third time. I really like my Honda and its performance except the transmission. I had it replaced during the recall back in 2005. Now in 2008 it has just went up. The warranty has ended and now I have to try and come up with $3,658.50 for a new transmission. This would make this the third time in only 8 years that the transmission is installed. I currently have 118,000 miles on my 2001 odessey. It clearly is a major issue with the odessey's transmission. If I come up with the cash I will replace the transmission in hopes of at least getting 200,000 miles out of my Honda, but I am really starting to reconsider my position on the quality of Honda's cars. I usually recommend Honda to everyone. NOT SO SURE NOW!"

Transmission acting up.

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

"I bought this car used at 39k miles. Everything seems to be in working order accept for the AC. Had to change the compressor. Old owner never changed the cabin filter. I also had the transmission fluid changed with honda ATF. Remember only use Honda ATF fluid, or your will have transmission issues and eventually failure. I used the van to haul people, furniture, garbage on and off for 3 years and the van just past 53k miles. The transmission started acting funny. I immediately went to the dealership to have the fluid changed with Honda ATF and the transmission seems better. The mechanic at the Honda dealer recommended changing the transmission fluid every 10k to avoid issues and to install a transmission cooler. That's my next To-Do for this van. Let's cross our fingers."

Dependable vehicle. "Takes a lickin & keeps tickn

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Worth every penney we paid. Great Value"

Cons: "Orig transmission did not have a cooler"

"Replaced transmission @ 100K mi. Keep it maintained and it just keeps on going. I use it in a small business. It's like a truck. The paint is starting to chip off. I haven't been good keeping it waxed. The interior is almost like new."

I love my van. my 3rd van. and it's been the best

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "A great drive, I feel very safe in my van."

Cons: "can't think of any"

"My van rides like it's on rails. great gas mileage for such a large vehicle. I'd recommend ir for anyone looking for a great family van. Packs in all the kids and their stuff. and the cargo space is so big. I've had huge things in the back."

OWNED 10.5 YEARS

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

"Bought new in 02 and have not any major issues with the van. Gas mileage 20 in town, 25+ on the road. Great value for the money. Can haul lot's of stuff if you remove second row seats. Have not had any issues with transmission. Negative's: clock light goes out and costs about 60.00 to replace. Motor for rear quarter windows went out, cost about 200 to replace each. Not as quiet as a Toyota. Cost little under 25K when new now work about $6000. For some reason the same year Accord is worth more, but cost less."