2000 Honda Odyssey

8.1

Based on 593 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

215000 miles, 13 yrs. Very, very satisfied.

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "I have had no abnormal maintenance expenses."

Cons: "The road noise is a little loud than I like."

"Excellent transportation. Change transmission fluid at recommended intervals, every 30k miles or drain, measure, and refill (~2 qts) every oil change. Ditto for brake and Pwr steering fluids. (I do most of my my own maintenance.) Parts have worn out; i.e. ball joints, struts, shocks, brakes (pads, rotors, calipers), CV Joints, starter, ECG valve, but that is normal."

Family hauler that drives like a sedan

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "Steering response, family hauler, good audio/DVD"

Cons: "No 60/40 third row split on 2003 model"

"We have owned our Odyssey since April of 2003. It has more than served its purpose...decent gas mileage for its size, plenty of room and flexible seating/storage options for long trips. This van has had oil changes, gas put in it, and 4 additional sets of tires on it and that's about it! It's not going to win any drag races, but the 240hp v-6 does respond well when you flog it on the highway to pass. As a Skip Barber graduate, I appreciate the drive-by-wire throttle and pretty decent handling for its size. Again, not going to win an auto cross competition, but the steering is much more responsive than most of the vehicles I have driven in its class. It's a Honda...you almost can't kill it. We will likely replace it just for a change."

grateful for my Odyssey

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Safe & Dependable"

Cons: "Nothing it's exactly as expected and asked for."

"This is and has been a vehicle to stick with. Not too expensive to keep up with & has done our family of 6 Great! Dependable and drives well! I feel safe in it."

My transmission may be having problems

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "Very clean inside"

Cons: "Some paint chips in places"

"I feel my van is slipping/chugging at times when I first start it in the morning and take off. It never has died and after I get going it works fine. I'm just afraid it will strand me somewhere and I'm not wanting that. I have had it since 143,000 miles; had the catalytic converter changed and have it serviced regularly. The check engine light comes on from time to tome and it says its an emissions problem (my gas cap is newer, but not a Honda cap and sometimes I don't tighten it enough clicks)"

Good Vehicle except for Transmission Problems

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

"Overall I like my 2000 Odyssey except for the transmission problems. Had the transmission replaced at 77,000 miles and again at 114,000 miles. This last transmission was replaced somewhere other than a Honda dealer and am hoping to get more than 37,000 miles out of it."

Love it

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

Pros: "economic for its size, reliable, drives like a car"

Cons: "ugly on the outside"

"This car is reliable, economic for it's size, drive like a car (I test drove many minivans and SUVs. They mostly drove like trucks), spacious, comfortable and one of the most important features for me is the sliding door. No more screaming (me) for the kids not to kick the door open and hitting other people's car parked next to us. Another big positive is that the center of gravity is located very close to the ground, so the car is really stable when turning and making curves. I just take my car to maintenance and it's always good to go. I just wish it looked more beautiful. Minivans are not sexy looking, that is the only negative."

100% Reliability. Never a problem

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Pros: "100% reliable and comfortable"

"This car has been used for long distance trips and around town. Bought new. Did regular maintenance on it. Never a bit of trouble. Car still rides like new and engine is silent. Terrific car"

Old Reliable!

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

"My van has been a very reliable vehicle! I love being able to go to estate sales knowing I can virtually haul anything home. It was great for carpooling when our children were younger, too. The sound system is great, as is the heating/ac. My family complains about me driving a car this old (2001), BUT they are quick to borrow it to go downtown where more upscale cars are greater targets for auto thieves....I mean, who wants a 13-year old Mom van? The electronic locks are messed up, but I've been told by other Honda owners that this is a common Honda problem. I know how to deal with it, so don't plan on spending the money to have them fixed. Basically, my van is so old I never worry about it getting stolen, or hit. It's so reliable that I hate to give it up. It's like a Timex, takes a licking and keeps on ticking!"

Great automobile and I would buy another Honda.

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "Great transportation on long trips. Easy on Gas"

"My family has owned this vehicle since 2005. We love it and it has given us very few issues. These were fixed with ease. mainly normal wear and tear but no mechanical problems."

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Totally reliable"

Cons: "No hold-open, and manual unlock of drivers door."

"The vehicle is unsurpassed in reliability. I have thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of this vehicle. I have purchased a vehicle of the same brand for my wife, and currently looking at downsizing my vehicle with the same brand. Maintenance, and upkeep of this vehicle has been very inexpensive."