1999 Honda Odyssey

8.1

Based on 621 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

honda odyssey exl

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "featues, space,power,styling"

Cons: "only seats 7, the folding third row is very heavy"

"we own a 2004 silver honda odyssey exl with dvd, we love the way it drives and all the conviance featues. we are planning on buying antoher."

This vehicle has been absolutely amazing.

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

"I'm seeing the people below reviewing this car and talking about their tranny failing. Mine did, too, at 97,500 miles. All I had to do was call the dealer (I bought this used with 60K on it from a private party)and Honda sent a new one in 2 days, the dealer put it in for free including a new computer and new electronic keys... and none of this cost me a cent. Best part is the replacement tranny is a completely redesigned unit that appears to last forever. I know people with 350,000+ on this vehicle with no problems with the replacement unit. At 230,000 I can change the oil and drive it 3,500 miles and when I pull the dipstick the oil looks like it just came out of the can. This is the best driving, best handling and longest lasting car I've ever had and it's cost me next to nothing to maintain it."

Love this van!

By on Sunday, September 09, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage if you don't beat it."

Cons: "I wish the back tailgate would open automatically"

"I have never had a problem with this mini-van. I truly love it with all the features inside. If you maintain your car it will keep on moving. I had to replace the air in cabin air filter two times."

With nearly 175K miles I sent it to Texas

By on Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pros: "Dead solid reliability and smart engineering."

Cons: "Shifter detents made it easy to go past 4 into 3"

"Like the title says with nearly 175K miles on it I just loaned it to a friend who needed to move his daughter from Texas to Michigan. I have that much faith in it. I have owned this van since 86K miles (2004). It survived 4 kids, Michigan winters and everything else I could throw at it. Other than maintenance repairs I have only had to replace one power door pull in motor ($90 and 45 minutes) I finally put new serpentine belts on it because I thought well I suppose I should at some time but I really did not need to yet. I also own a 2007 but I think overall my 2000 will be more reliable. My wife always thought it drove maybe a little too heavy. I have to agree the springs were a little stiff up front,or the sway bar was too big, but I could also corner like a car without too much body roll. When I bought the 2007 I decided to keep it because for what little I could get out of it I could not replace it with that money."

Watch the transmission on these

By on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

"Our trans went out on us at 66,000 miles. After much research, we found out the problem was rampant but Honda fought off a recall. After much complaining on our part, the dealership stepped up to the plate and covered the cost of a new trans less $750. Thru the years, we had little odds and ends go wrong, not expensive but enough to be annoying. I keep telling my wife that if it was a Chrysler, we would be broke with all the repairs. On the other hand, my Toyota Tacoma has twice as many miles and not one problem. I'm going for 500K miles. Wish me luck!"