1999 Honda Odyssey

8.1

Based on 604 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

2008 Odyssey

By on Friday, October 26, 2012

"My 2000 Honda Odyssey has been very reliable. It currently has 205,000 miles on it. We had to replace the front brake rotors and right rear hub assembly around 150,000. The material on the rear doors and third seat side panels has came off. The sliding rear doors freeze shut in the winter. The stow and go 3rd row seat is very handy."

Most reliable car ever owned other than my Accord

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, endurance, value"

Cons: "Not cushy on really long drives"

"We bought our 2004 Odyssey new in 2004. We have approx. 85,000 miles on it now. It has been one of the 2 most reliable cars we've ever owned (our 2001 Accord has 150,000 miles and is going strong). Other than routine maintenance, we have had zero issues! I gave the car 9/10 just because Hondas are not as cushy to sit on on really long drives (our Dodge Caravan was cushier, but didn't hold up as well). I religiously change the oil every 3-4,000 miles and follow all recommended maintenance. My next car will be another Honda. (we could afford an Acura now, buy why pay extra?!)"

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pros: "Dependable, built right, great family car"

Cons: "Pay the price up front"

"Bought the 2002 Odyssey new. Runs fine in 2012, going strong. Kept up all maintenance servicing, including major engine service at 100K. Handles great in city, pleasure on tour. No engine or transmission problems. Family of six from soccer to camping to 4x8's in the back, to cross country dorm--no problems. Highly dependable. Never an on-road problem. Wrote the book on fold down third seat. This car is a gem. Will continue to drive and maintain. Worth every penny. Minor problems: sticking sliding door, no light in glove compartment, tough to read dash clock, not all fan speeds work now, trifles really, given its age."

Can't wait to trade it in

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "Strong engine, roomy, safety"

Cons: "Noisy, rough ride, unreliable trans, costly repair"

"I bought this car brand new on recommendation from my sister. I have always manintained my vehicle as scheduled. I have been unhappy with aspects of the van from the beginning; bumpy ride, NOISY, window motors unreliable and costly to replace, burned through three transmissions already. The car lugs when you are in between gears, does not shift smoothly and has not since day one. On the plus side I do feel the engine has been reliable and the car is safe. However, the cons outweigh the pros. Never again for me. Going for a Toyota next time around."

Love this van!

By on Sunday, September 09, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage if you don't beat it."

Cons: "I wish the back tailgate would open automatically"

"I have never had a problem with this mini-van. I truly love it with all the features inside. If you maintain your car it will keep on moving. I had to replace the air in cabin air filter two times."