1998 Honda Odyssey

9.3

Based on 105 Ratings for the 1995 - 1998 models.

IMPOSSIBLE...to beat/match the 1995 Honda Odyssey

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

Pros: "See my review."

Cons: "NO vehicle to compare with it since 1995."

"In the next 1 to 200,000 miles or so (it just keeps going!!), I'm going to need a new car....a dilemma!!! How do you replace a 1995 (standard doors, completely 'flat-bed' in a blink with removal/folding seats, super-comfortable seats, NOT an over-sized mini-van, reasonable gas-mileage) Honda Odyssey!?!?!? My Ody is irreplaceable."

Best Car I Have Ever Owned

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Pros: "See reveiw - too many to list here."

Cons: "See reviedw"

"Pros **Externally, much smaller than more recent vans, but inside it's nearly as large. Parks in small spaces. **Most comfortable front seats of any car I have ever owned (nearly 30 cars over the years). Tested many new cars, but cannot find seats so terrific. **Four doors open like a car - VERY convenient. **100% dependable after 15 years, and I drive it hard. **Handles nearly like a sports car (I take my Beemer to the track, so I know handling). **2nd row has captains chairs seating 2 in great comfort with soft armrests. **Three rows of seats. Third row holds 3 snugly, but more comfortably than many other third rows. **Because there is no center console up front or in second row, you can easily move between front and back seats without getting out of the car. Especially convenient with toddlers in back. It's like a rolling living room with nice flat floors all the way back. **Third row folds easily and quickly right into the floor. **Boxy interior and large rear door allows easy loading of large items like my rototiller. **Good mileage from small 4 cylinder engine designed for Camry. CONS **4 banger is puny, so takes a bit longer to reach full highway speed and some very steep hills must be climbed slowly with a full load. **2nds row seats don't fold down, but are easily removed for hauling big loads. **A.C. is underbuilt for an interior this size. On long trips keeps whole car cool after a while, but takes some time at low speeds to reach the 2nd and 3rd row. **If it weren't for huge strides in safety of newer vehicles, I would drive no other car, maybe forever. But it's so dangerous out there, you really need ABS, curtain airbags, etc. that are not available in a 1996 vehicle."

Great mileage for a vehicle this old

By on Thursday, December 04, 2014

Pros: "Decent price, great gas mileage, very reliable"

Cons: "Small interior, burns oil a bit fast"

"I've owned this vehicle for almost four years now, and I honestly have no right to complain about it. I've never had it break down on me. It's only required some basic maintenance and new tires. I've put a lot of miles on this vehicle and it has been great to me. I wish the interior were a bit bigger, but only because my kids are much larger now than when I first bought it! For a nearly 20 year old minivan, it still gets between 23-27 MPG, depending on which adult is driving ;)"

Most reliable car; passenger/cargo versatility

By on Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pros: "avg. gas mileage; spacious; reliable; fam friendly"

Cons: "not a designed as a power vehicle"

Awaiting a new home with a nice family

"Great family car with versatility to carry 7 passengers or fold seats for spacious cargo area. Most reliable car we've owned (original owner). Well maintained, always parked in garage when at home. Complete maintenance records available. We're only selling because we bought a new vehicle. Disclosures: the asking price considers the following: no CD player, worn hubcaps, standard brakes only (no ABS), insignificant ding in rear hatch."

Awaiting a new home with a nice family

By on Friday, August 08, 2014

Cons: "Could use a bit more sound insulation"

"I was not to sure about downsizing from my GMC van but with fuel cost and car upkeep getting very expensive I made the choice to downsize. Found used my 98 Odyssey, test drove it and bought it on the spot. Good gas mileage, minimal upkeep, wonderful to drive, enough space in the back for all my music equipment. The best thing about it is my wife loves it! Wish I could afford a new Odyssey."

Most trouble-free, reliable car I ever knew.

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Getting a bit rusty"

"I love my 1995 Honda Odyssey. It may be aging, but it has NEVER let me down. Simply the most reliable, low-maintenance, trouble-free car I every drove. It has great cargo room, great roof rack, and has driven loads of children. Love the four doors. Kids love the back seat."

The best minivan made, in my opinion.

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "reliable, economical, good room, nimble"

"My family has driven this little van for 10 years, and it has given great service for about 220,00 miles. It is old enough that I'm not confident of it on trips now, but it is still a great automobile for most needs."

Love it!

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

"I absolutely love this little van. I love the room it has and the fact that all 4 doors open like a car. It gets great gas mileage and is very low maintainence. Wouldn't trade it for a brand new one."

love the car

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "love the care"

"love driving it"

Big, comfy on inside and easy highway driving.

By on Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pros: "sun roof, air con, comfy, roomy , big windows etc."

Cons: "can't think of any"

"I love my mini van. It is the best car I've ever owned. It is spacious, comfortable and great for moving people, grociers, pets, furniture etc. Wonderful for camping and traveling on rainy days. It is roomy on the inside and one can walk from the front seats to the rear bench seat with out getting out of the car. Big on the inside yet easy to park where compact cars park. Great car and I'd hate to part with it."