1997 Honda Odyssey

9.3

Based on 109 Ratings for the 1995 - 1998 models.

Best van ever made

By on Thursday, May 22, 2008

"This van has everything you need in a van plus it is very reliable.The 4 cyl. is surprising it has plenty of get up and go. It really is in a class of its own the car like 4 doors and the stow away rear seat is my favorite things about it. I would recommend this van to anyone. Believe it or not but at 120000 miles Honda sent me notice to bring in my van for a free tune up, they replaced the plugs,wires.and distributor cap then changed my oil all at no cost to me,now that is what I call going the extra mile."

Overall great minivan, so why am I selling mine?

By on Saturday, May 17, 2008

"Great family van - I am selling mine though because I do not like how close the rear bench seat is to the back window and the rear bumper is not big enough for me. Too many times, unfortunately, fast bigger trucks or suvs are right on my tail and I feel concerned if they bumped into me they could bump my back door/window which is inches only away from my child's seat! So it's a great van but that is why I am selling mine. I do like the 4 doors instead of the sliding door and the easy move around interior when I have to adjust car seats etc."

We have 3!

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2007

"We have 3 of these and love them! We have a 1995 with 400,000 miles,runs great. My husband drives it 78 miles to work everyday. We have a 1997 with 122,000, no problems. Just bought another 1995 with 154,000. Needs a timing belt and tires. Other than that, we're good to go. I love this body style and good gas mileage. Cup holder in front is kinda silly, but that's it."

won't sell

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"We bought this van five years ago and I trust it more now than I did before! We have taken MANY road trips in it and plan on many more!!! Perfect size for my family of three! just enough room for week long camping trips but small enough to navigate through busy traffic."

What a great minivan!

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

"I bought the '95 Odyssey in May 2007, to start my courier business. The vehicle had almost 250,000 miles on it at the time, however the engine had just been rebuilt. I could not be happier with this van. It drives like new, I don't even detect a rattle. The way the 2nd and 3rd rows of seats fold forward and down, respectively, are extremely user friendly. When I do both, there is a tremendous amount of cargo space available. I like the 4 regular doors. The A/C is good. I have no complaints after more than a month of driving all day in 90+ degree temperatures, sometimes 100+. Overall, it's the perfect van for my business."

It's 2007 and I still have my 1995

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"This car has been a dream. It is still getting 22-24 MPG in Atlanta. The paint and interior are still in great condition. It rides smoothly and still has alot of years left. My husband just bought a 2005 Odyssey for me. This is my 4th Honda. Will never drive anything else."

Overall excellent except excessive road noise.

By on Friday, August 14, 2015

Pros: "Excellent overall. Most reliable vehicle I've owne"

Cons: "Excessive road noise. Front bucket seats"

"Pros; Excellent overall. Most reliable vehicle owned. Cons; Excessive road noise. Front bucket seats not the most comfortable."

love the car

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "love the care"

"love driving it"

Best Family Vehicle

By on Sunday, October 17, 2010

"I have 98 odyssey, I like its gas mileage, 25 mpg in the city, since it is 4 cylinders. I don't care about power so much because Oklahoma is flat county anyway, whoever behind me on the red light can be patient for a few seconds. It is reliable, I just replaced the stabilizer link connection, it didn't cause any major problem, I had it on 2009, replaced the timing belt, cost me 350, Burns oil little bit but I keep adding it. It took us to Canada border and hopefully will take us to California from Oklahoma."

i love my honda

By on Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"we have the 6 passenger style with the 4 captains chairs and bench, 3rd row back seat. we always left the 3rd seat folded down cuz it created a blind spot. i love that there are so many cubbies for stuff all over the van. and i have never had a car with so many cupholders. i love that fact! a few downfalls, which arent much anyway, were the placement of the front cupholders. they are the hideaway kind that you just pull the tray out when you need them or push it back in to hide it when you dont. they are placed right under the radio so that your drinks are right in front of the buttons and you have to move your drink every time you wanna change the station. it also blocked your ability to open the ashtray. my main gripe is the tilt wheel doesnt come down near as far as most other cars with tilt wheels. even when all the way down i had to sit my seat closer just to reach the top of the wheel. i also hate that u have to use your key to lock the doors from the drivers door. which is weird that you can lock all the doors from the passenger door from the inside. its a safety feature so the driver doesnt lock the keys in the car, which is good i guess."