1997 Honda Odyssey

9.3

Based on 106 Ratings for the 1995 - 1998 models.

most reliable!!!

By on Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Loved this vehicle. Always started (even in Wisconsin winters). Incredible amount of storage space"

Best van ever made

By on Thursday, May 22, 2008

"This van has everything you need in a van plus it is very reliable.The 4 cyl. is surprising it has plenty of get up and go. It really is in a class of its own the car like 4 doors and the stow away rear seat is my favorite things about it. I would recommend this van to anyone. Believe it or not but at 120000 miles Honda sent me notice to bring in my van for a free tune up, they replaced the plugs,wires.and distributor cap then changed my oil all at no cost to me,now that is what I call going the extra mile."

Overall great minivan, so why am I selling mine?

By on Saturday, May 17, 2008

"Great family van - I am selling mine though because I do not like how close the rear bench seat is to the back window and the rear bumper is not big enough for me. Too many times, unfortunately, fast bigger trucks or suvs are right on my tail and I feel concerned if they bumped into me they could bump my back door/window which is inches only away from my child's seat! So it's a great van but that is why I am selling mine. I do like the 4 doors instead of the sliding door and the easy move around interior when I have to adjust car seats etc."

We have 3!

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2007

"We have 3 of these and love them! We have a 1995 with 400,000 miles,runs great. My husband drives it 78 miles to work everyday. We have a 1997 with 122,000, no problems. Just bought another 1995 with 154,000. Needs a timing belt and tires. Other than that, we're good to go. I love this body style and good gas mileage. Cup holder in front is kinda silly, but that's it."

won't sell

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"We bought this van five years ago and I trust it more now than I did before! We have taken MANY road trips in it and plan on many more!!! Perfect size for my family of three! just enough room for week long camping trips but small enough to navigate through busy traffic."

What a great minivan!

By on Friday, September 14, 2007

"I bought the '95 Odyssey in May 2007, to start my courier business. The vehicle had almost 250,000 miles on it at the time, however the engine had just been rebuilt. I could not be happier with this van. It drives like new, I don't even detect a rattle. The way the 2nd and 3rd rows of seats fold forward and down, respectively, are extremely user friendly. When I do both, there is a tremendous amount of cargo space available. I like the 4 regular doors. The A/C is good. I have no complaints after more than a month of driving all day in 90+ degree temperatures, sometimes 100+. Overall, it's the perfect van for my business."

It's 2007 and I still have my 1995

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"This car has been a dream. It is still getting 22-24 MPG in Atlanta. The paint and interior are still in great condition. It rides smoothly and still has alot of years left. My husband just bought a 2005 Odyssey for me. This is my 4th Honda. Will never drive anything else."

love the car

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "love the care"

"love driving it"

Best Family Vehicle

By on Sunday, October 17, 2010

"I have 98 odyssey, I like its gas mileage, 25 mpg in the city, since it is 4 cylinders. I don't care about power so much because Oklahoma is flat county anyway, whoever behind me on the red light can be patient for a few seconds. It is reliable, I just replaced the stabilizer link connection, it didn't cause any major problem, I had it on 2009, replaced the timing belt, cost me 350, Burns oil little bit but I keep adding it. It took us to Canada border and hopefully will take us to California from Oklahoma."

i love my honda

By on Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"we have the 6 passenger style with the 4 captains chairs and bench, 3rd row back seat. we always left the 3rd seat folded down cuz it created a blind spot. i love that there are so many cubbies for stuff all over the van. and i have never had a car with so many cupholders. i love that fact! a few downfalls, which arent much anyway, were the placement of the front cupholders. they are the hideaway kind that you just pull the tray out when you need them or push it back in to hide it when you dont. they are placed right under the radio so that your drinks are right in front of the buttons and you have to move your drink every time you wanna change the station. it also blocked your ability to open the ashtray. my main gripe is the tilt wheel doesnt come down near as far as most other cars with tilt wheels. even when all the way down i had to sit my seat closer just to reach the top of the wheel. i also hate that u have to use your key to lock the doors from the drivers door. which is weird that you can lock all the doors from the passenger door from the inside. its a safety feature so the driver doesnt lock the keys in the car, which is good i guess."

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2009

By on Friday, January 30, 2009

By on Monday, November 24, 2008

"Tires and brakes wore out fast. Took longer than most vehicles to heat up car.'s interior. Loved the car anyway!"

Most reliable vehicle we have owned

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"The 1997 Honda Odyssey is undoubtedly the most reliable efficient vehicle we have ever owned. I am only selling it due to a death in the family. I wish they still made this smaller version of the Odyssey. In eleven years it has been superb!"

very nice

By on Friday, September 05, 2008

"I have one of the 1995 hondas, I have only had it about 6 months and bought from an individual and still has orginal motor and transmission and has 190k miles on it. It does have a small oil leak but i just add a little oil between tune ups. No complaints on this van Plus its paid for"

Great Vehicle

By on Monday, August 04, 2008

"I have had mine for a total of 11 years now. i put the first 100,000 miles going to wook and on vacations. Only had one major problem. But that was a factory recalled piece for the oil tank and it has never broken down, even with my son driving the last 50,000 miles in the last 7 years. The repair cost are pretty cheap for parts (as long as yo u don't take it to the dealer. they wated $3000 for what my mechanic did for $700.)"

NEVER LET YOU DOWN

By on Sunday, June 08, 2008

"I bought this van brand new and now have 130K miles on it. It has NEVER let me down - NEVER "broke down". MPG is around 23 city / 26 hwy."

Feels like a car, not a boat

By on Monday, May 05, 2008

"I love my '95 Odyssey, it handles as well as a small car rather than feeling like I am driving a large boat on land. Everyone who drives it loves it and getting my three children in and out is easy."

Keeps On Going!

By on Sunday, April 27, 2008

"I've had "Baby" (1997 Odyssey) for 10 years and I STILL love it! This little dynamo has taken me through 5 company transfers/moves, hauled furniture and family and is a pure joy to drive! Being a single woman, the reliability, makes me feel safe and all I've had to do is keep up with routine maintainence. I plan to keep the van for several more years and then, relook at the Honda Fit. Sounds like another winner but I'd like to have more info before trading "Baby" in!"

1998 Odyssey @ 200k

By on Friday, February 08, 2008

"I bought my Odyssey at auction with 130k. It had been rode hard and put up wet, but still had lots of life. I've put 70k on it in 2 yrs commuting to work in FL, and have done the following: transmission, brakes, exhaust and tires. I had to choose whether to do these repairs or trade it in, and I chose to do the repairs. I actually like the car a lot and don't give a hoot that it ain't pretty or sexy. It is more useful than my 2002 Toyota Sienna, whose seats are much harder to put in and out. These flip up and down and turn it into cargo space or seating for 6 in one minute. Little stuff goes bad: like the temperature slide switch. But it runs well and perks right along at 75 no problem."

WOW

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

"You can't say enough, good things about this vehicle. Normal maintenance is all that has been done ---- over all has held together BEAUTIFULLY. JOB WELL DONE HONDA!!!!!"

Best VAN

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"This is the BEST vehicle I have ever owned. I got it a little over a year ago with just under 100K miles. It now has 125K and runs perfect. I did get a new cat converter, new brakes, timing belt, batter and oil changes. But got a great price for the vehicle that is in excellent condition. I knew prior to buying that I would put money in it and justified the price reduction. I would NEVER want anything else. I have heard neg things about newer ones.. I love four reg doors. IT IS PERFECT......"

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, December 06, 2007

"This was my first minivan and I could not have had a better experience. We bought it used with 67,000 miles and now five years later 200,000 with no problems. We've kept it well maintained and I could not have asked for a better vehicle, especially making long trips (450 miles one way) three to five times a year. The comfort has been great with youngsters and I love the fold down seat in the rear. I would buy another Odyssey without hesitation."

Love It!!!!

By on Monday, November 26, 2007

"We bought our Odyssey in 2005 with 114 K and now at the end of 2007 it has 145 k and it's still going strong. We have replaced the radiator and the Catylitic Converter. It's been a great comfortable vehicle for our family of 4. It's nice for me to have the rear seat fold down into the floor when I need it and I think it gets great gas mileage for a mini-van. I get about 23-28 mpg. We've driven it 6 states away and even though it feels big on the inside it's still small enough to feel like I can dart in and out of Atlanta traffic. Still happy about our purchase and the money we saved!!!!"

Do they make them like this any more?

By on Saturday, November 03, 2007

"We love this car - it is perfect for our urban family of four (plus a dog, makes five). Bought it used over 3 years' ago with 89,000 miles - now it has over 125,000 miles and it runs perfectly. With standard maintenance, we expect it to run for years' to come. Most of our driving is on the punishing roads around Brooklyn and Manhattan, and the car handles the terrain without a problem. The only drawbacks: Our engine is a little underpowered and the ride can get a little bumpy. That said, I still give it 5 stars."