1996 Honda Odyssey

9.3

Based on 109 Ratings for the 1995 - 1998 models.

The best economical people mover you can buy

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "economical, comfortable, lots of seating options"

Cons: "not the quickest (but it is a 4 cylinder minivan!)"

"No other mini van/suv gets 27-28 miles per gallon (on hwy) unless you are willing to spend $45,000 plus on a hybrid. This vehicle has been the best I have owned. Mine has 175,000+ miles and is still running strong. Comfortable, easy to carry things from home improvement stores, great reliability."

Great value and useful design

By on Monday, January 09, 2012

Pros: "great value, smaller size, handy"

Cons: "brake wear, decent gas milage"

"Our family bought our 1995 Odyssey 7 years ago and it had 147,000 miles. It now has 350,000 and is still going strong. Other than regular maintanence, we have had no problems. We love how spacious the room is when the rear seat is folded. We have hauled everything from feed, hay, and straw..to groceries and anything else a busy family needs to transport. We have had to keep up with regular brake repairs and the gas milage is good, not great---but we still love the reliabilty and handy nature of a smaller van."

The best minivan made, in my opinion.

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "reliable, economical, good room, nimble"

"My family has driven this little van for 10 years, and it has given great service for about 220,00 miles. It is old enough that I'm not confident of it on trips now, but it is still a great automobile for most needs."

lovin' it still!

By on Sunday, June 07, 2009

"I've had this car for 10 of its 13 years and love it! It's been with me through 3 kids and umpteen art shows, trips to Lowes and the garden center, with nary a trip to the mechanic. I've changed the oil regularly and had very few major repairs except for a $1000 sensor - yuck! It's been completely reliable. I love it!"

No minivan can topple this one!

By on Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Wish it was a six cylinder for more power but not in exchange for its good mileage (23/32 still)."

"I love, love this car and for once, I never made a bad decision to insist on getting this when it first came out. My van is the last model to be built in Japan. It has been reliable ever since; serves as my truck in hauling things long and wide! Boy, I hope they will continue making this model and design. 7 seaters! I have all my friends in it when traveling rather than have a convoy of two or three cars. This way we have fun on way to our destination! This model and year was a great one! Thanks Honda for coming up with this idea. I bought this when I had my daughter. Now my daughter is in high school and is learning to drive with the van! Very dependable. Original engine, transmission, etc. Just making sure my timing belt gets changed as recommended."