2014 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,971 - $17,760.

10/6.4

8.4

Based on 135 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

By on Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"Paid $18400 for an LX & average mpg for first 1500 miles it 46mpg. What's not to like? It's been quiet & comfortable on several 4 hour trips. Some of the interior trim & overall feel seems a little less solid than I'm used to; hence a "4" for quality. For example, the cover around the steering wheel column was easily dislodged but easily fixed luckily. The arm rests between the passenger & driver seats should have been std on all models. I wasn't willing to go $2k more for LX to get it. If my other car died today, as of now, I'd buy a second one."

Best Vehicle Ever fun to drive!

By on Sunday, July 12, 2009

"Best Vehicle Ever fun to drive!"

not to impressed

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "roomy"

Cons: "not designed well to work on at home"

"For those do it yourselfers who don't have all the garage tools: there is no good place to jack the car up. You just plain can't from the front. Frame seems weak even to jack it up under the doors. Inside is alright though. Lots of room in the back. I've heard of people getting a lot better gas millage but I seem to only be able to get about 46mpg. I got it for the buy price but I think I should have went Prius."

Good gas mileage avg about 43 for city and highway

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

Pros: "Great price"

Cons: "A little weak on power with full load"

"A little weak on power going up hills with a full load. But fun to drive it doesn't feel like a hybrid."

Exceeds Expectations

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "Good looking, fantastic gas mileage"

Cons: "Not great pickup or power, but maneuvers well"

"The incredible low price of this hybrid and its sporty appearance make it a great value, especially considering that it exceeds its mpg rating of 40 mpg average. I am easily getting 52 mpg on my commute to work, somewhat less on the open highway or up the mountains. More than twice the mpg of my last car which was less than 20 mpg. I only have to put 6 gallons in it after a week of driving. I am only 5 feet tall, but my husband who is no giant keeps hitting his head when he gets in the car. Room in the back for average adults and plenty of room to carry stuff in the back with the seats dropped down, and they drop down perfectly flat."

My sweet little car!

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros: "Great price, easy to drive, don't have to fill up that often"

"It's easy to drive around town and has no problem getting up to speed when merging onto a highway. There is a lot of space for my passengers and plenty of room in the "trunk". The hatchback makes it so easy to haul a ton of stuff around. I highly recommend this car."

Very Happy I got one!

By on Sunday, April 03, 2011

"I did some research on the 2011 LX insight before purchasing and read about ride harshness and slow acceleration. So, when I went for a test drive, I wasn't expecting much but, turned out being very pleased. I've had the car for two weeks now and have no problem merging into traffic, or on the highway and it is very comfortable; like a Civic or Fit. My first tank was 42.5 mpg, without really trying and have read it will only get better. Another surprise, the stereo is really very good!"

Good gas milage

By on Monday, March 21, 2011

"We had a Prius but because of the SCARES we traded it in for the Insight. "It ain't a Prius" We really liked the Prius, this Insight can't compare. It was a few dollars cheaper. We wish we could go back, now that the stories have all been proven FALSE. Unfortunately the cost would be too great."

Great Commuter Car

By on Wednesday, December 02, 2009

"I purchased an Insight LX a couple of months ago, and have been very happy with it thus far. While I was originally planning to purchase a Prius, my wife already has a Prius and we decided that it would make more sense to get a smaller (and cheaper!) vehicle for my commute (about 12 miles each way). The insight is not going to blow anybody away performance-wise (although in sport mode with econ off it blows the Prius out of the water), but my 47.1 mpg average over about 6000 miles so far more than makes up for that. I haven't had any problems with the car, and find it to be generally comfortable and sort of fun to drive. I miss having a manual transmission, but the CVT in the Insight is, from what I hear, a necessity in terms of getting the maximum benefit from the hybrid system. While the Insight is small, its form factor makes it surprisingly versatile. I frequently need to move large boxes, and my dog's kennel, and have had no problems in that regard (far better than my old '08 civic). The car actually feels smallest in terms of its width, though other than sacrificing center console space, that doesn't seem to be a big deal. I definitely would not recommend this vehicle for anybody who routinely needs to have three people in the rear seat, although I've had two adult passengers in back on a few occasions and have had no complaints. The interior is definitely that of a budget vehicle, but is generally well-configured and attractive. I'm a huge fan of the hybrid-specific display readouts, which provide some useful fuel economy information and nice cues regarding real-time driving efficiency. In terms of features, the Insight EX and EX Nav are certainly more full-featured than my LX, but I can't complain too much (considering its purpose as a commuter vehicle). The LX lacks cruise control and variable intermittent wipers, but includes temperature-based climate control and an external temperature sensor, which I'm not used to seeing on base-level vehicles. All-in-all, I'm happy with my little Insight, and would highly recommend to others who are looking for an efficient, versatile, and relatively inexpensive vehicle."

Happy with hybrid

By on Saturday, November 14, 2009

"Good car for someone looking for a responsive, fun to drive, tight handling compact car. Paddle shifters, hand brake are nice for an ex-std driver. Dashboard display is much better than Prius high center console. Getting 47MPG in mixed suburban driving. Eco assist system really does improve driving habits. Rear view is helped by oversized mirrors and low second rear window. Driver's seat quite comfortable and rear seat room has been fine for the adults that have ridden in back. Hybrid control displays bring interest to driving that is good for someone used to a manual. Tight turning radius makes car manuverable in parking lots. I highly recommend this car."