• 2014 Compact Cars

2014 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,221 - $18,954.

10/6.4

8.4

Based on 112 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Uncomfortable

By on Sunday, December 08, 2013

"I had a Toyota Prius and it was comfortable and quiet. This is uncomfortable and no one wants to drive it. Plus somehow the dealer got me owing 20,000 when its value is 9000. I was an idiot and trusted him at the dealership."

<3 my insight

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

"I am in love with this car so far. It is so comfortable, it drives like a dream, and it is beautifully designed. I am always being asked why didn't you buy a prius? Well, for one, the prius looks like it has a crooked nose, and two its alot more expensive. I love the half leather half recycled cloth interior, i love the custom mats that I got with it and the mud protection add-ons (especially for Oregon). I really like the hatchback design. I've never had one, but you can fit an army in the back. My dog does not fit in the back however, he hits his head haha. So i purchased a Dickies back seat cover to protect my backseat from him. The inside is so nice and the comfort level is through the roof. The only thing I would say is that it is a little bit complicated trying to figure out the controls. Such as resetting the oil life indicator. Having trouble with that but I will figure it out!!!"

Worse vehicle I have ever owned in over 50 years.

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "too many to list"

"Over priced;under performs. EPA sticker says 44mpg, I have never gotten over 39, last weeks long distance trip (down hill, interstate all the way) my mileage actually went down;fails to accelerate through intersections from a left hand turn; can not maintain highway speed up-hill (redlines at 55mph in top gear; hesitates when the accelerator pedal is released; extended warranty is a waste the items covered never seem to need attention (have had two oil changes in over 1.5 years). Had to replace the passenger side rear-view mirror at a price of $425;it is all plastic, not power operated (have to open the window to adjust both). The service manager says "what do you expect it is a hybrid" or "The car isn't really made for New Mexico roads and hills." I can see why their promo literature says "Cheaper to own than the Prius" because I hate to drive it and it sits in the garage; I drive my Subaru which gets 25.8mpg but at least it performs... I am a professional, CDL driver with over 2 million miles on the road and some big rigs outperform this car. Will trade it in (aka get rid of it) Dec 1."

Bought as a commuter vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, sporty appearance"

Cons: "Back seat headroom - [the dog fits, nobody else..."

"I'm ecstatic. I was promised low-mid 40's MPG; I'm getting 55 MPG avg, and up to 62 MPG [depending on traffic conditions.] I like the interactive dash screen; it helps me to further economize in real-time. In my former vehicle (Saturn Ion), I filled the gas tank at least every 6 - 7 days. In the 5 weeks I've owned my Insight, I have only been to the gas station 3 times (and one of those was just to top-off about 3 gallons"

Can't find a new car I'd trade for

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "It's a happy car and has few flaws."

Cons: "Driver foot discomfort."

"Except for the intrusion of the tunnel onto the driver's foot position and somewhat lumpy seat, I find the car very comfortable. It's adequately powerful, handles almost like a sports car when the tires are properly inflated. Fuel economy is quite good. It has averaged a bit over 42 mpg for the total miles, and almost 44 mpg for the past thousand. Uses no oil between changes and revs happily to 6,000 rpm or more."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25