2014 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,296 - $18,231.

10/6.4

8.4

Based on 123 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Great little car - may have saved my life.

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Safety, MPG, roominess"

Cons: "Low to moderate acceleration, no bells or whistles"

"I bought this car used about a year ago. It had less than 10,000 miles on it and was in excellent condition. You can read about the features of the car so I will just touch on the ones that impressed me the most. First it is a surprisingly roomy car. I am 6'2" tall and a big man. The drivers seat accommodates me with room to spare. The gas mileage is excellent. While I don't get the full mileage rating, I still do very well on the mileage averaging 38 MPG. The car is a little slow on pickup but it sufficient for merging into traffic and passing other cars on the highway. It is a minimalist car in that it does not have a lot of bells and whistles but what it does offer is plenty for me. Now the big part. Car safety. The Insight is rated 9.4-9.7 out of 10 on safety rating. A few days ago I was involved in an accident where the car rolled over on its roof. I an my 7 year old son were in the car. My son was in a rear seat in a booster seat. We were both wearing seatbelts. The car had some denting and very slight crushing on the roof though the passenger compartment was intact and showed very little interior damage due to the crash in the front seats. The windshield cracked but did not shatter. The area over the rear seats was perfectly intact and showed no damage whatsoever. My son was able to undo his seatbelt and scramble out to safety out of a window that first responders had broken with no injuries. Because of my size I was stuck in the driver's seat and had to be extricated by the fire department and the jaws of life. They essentially cut off the doors. I sustained minor injuries, specifically some lacerations and of course I was sore from the motion and shock of the car rolling over. If you discount the fact the doors needed to be cut off, the damage to the car was not that severe. So was the car safe? Absolutely and it was graphically proven to me in my accident. Would I buy another Insight. Yes I would. Not only because of the low purchase price, high MPG and comfort but most importantly for the safety of the car. Thank you Honda Insight for keeping my son and I free from serious injuries."

Disappointed in vehicle

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

"This vehicle is no where near the quality of the '04 Insight. My car feels cheap, makes ringing noises, you can hear the gas tank swoosh when making a stop, and no sound deafening when driving. I've even submitted a complaint and was advised these are known characteristics of the car and not defects. I will never buy this car again."

Great looking and practical little car

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Sleek, practical, great fuel efficiency vehicle"

Cons: "Bumpy rides"

"This is a very nice car. I love the looks and its hatch back cargo capacity. I am always amazed at all the things we can fit in the back when folding the back seats. The interior materials and ergonomics are very good. I was a little hesitant about having enough leg and head room but it hasn't been a problem at all. The fuel efficiency is greater than expected. I'm not crazy about the IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) system and I would also prefer a smoother ride when driving. Hope future models will improve this."

A Great Car with One Major Exception

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Looks Great! High Quality Feel. Navigation/Camera."

Cons: "IMA - Integrated Motor Assist - Horrible."

"Overall this is a very nice car. It looks great. I like the sharp wedge design, the chrome and blue accents, the wheels, the color (bright red). The interior materials and ergonomics are very good. The navigation system is mostly very good. I have only one complaint about the music file player and that is that clicking the forward and back (track) buttons do not work the way they should. If I double click the back button I should be at the beginning of the previous song. But I am not. The major complaint I have about this car is the IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) system. It is horrible. If I had drove this car before I bought it I might have re-considered. Once they put the Earth Dreams engine into this car, it will be fantastic! I am hoping that happens soon. I say, spend a little more and get the new Accord Hybrid. The Earth Dreams engine seems to be a vast improvement over the IMA."

Solid buy

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "relatively cheap, fun to drive, fuel efficient"

Cons: "no frills, can get cramped for bigger folks"

"All hybrids basically get compared to the Prius. In my experience the insight is cheaper, better looking, and funner to drive. Not to mention that it gets better mileage depending how you drive it. It's smaller, and pretty spartan when it comes to features, but it's got a simplicity and feel that I found superior. The dashboard is not that fancy but it has a very simple fuel economy indicator, when you're driving efficiently the speedometer is green, inefficiently it's blue. I've found that to be a great driving trainer, so far I've been able to keep my MPG around 52 in the summer and 47 in the winter. It's a smaller car, and I'm a tall guy, so there's little room for backseat passengers. Overall I'm very happy with it, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, cheap hybrid."