2014 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,955 - $17,750.

10/6.4

8.4

Based on 134 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Solid buy

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "relatively cheap, fun to drive, fuel efficient"

Cons: "no frills, can get cramped for bigger folks"

"All hybrids basically get compared to the Prius. In my experience the insight is cheaper, better looking, and funner to drive. Not to mention that it gets better mileage depending how you drive it. It's smaller, and pretty spartan when it comes to features, but it's got a simplicity and feel that I found superior. The dashboard is not that fancy but it has a very simple fuel economy indicator, when you're driving efficiently the speedometer is green, inefficiently it's blue. I've found that to be a great driving trainer, so far I've been able to keep my MPG around 52 in the summer and 47 in the winter. It's a smaller car, and I'm a tall guy, so there's little room for backseat passengers. Overall I'm very happy with it, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, cheap hybrid."

A Great Car with One Major Exception

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Looks Great! High Quality Feel. Navigation/Camera."

Cons: "IMA - Integrated Motor Assist - Horrible."

"Overall this is a very nice car. It looks great. I like the sharp wedge design, the chrome and blue accents, the wheels, the color (bright red). The interior materials and ergonomics are very good. The navigation system is mostly very good. I have only one complaint about the music file player and that is that clicking the forward and back (track) buttons do not work the way they should. If I double click the back button I should be at the beginning of the previous song. But I am not. The major complaint I have about this car is the IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) system. It is horrible. If I had drove this car before I bought it I might have re-considered. Once they put the Earth Dreams engine into this car, it will be fantastic! I am hoping that happens soon. I say, spend a little more and get the new Accord Hybrid. The Earth Dreams engine seems to be a vast improvement over the IMA."

Great Value

By on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

"We have bought this 2010 Honda Insight brand new and have put in 22 k miles on it. Its is fantastic on gas. Extremely reliable. Some hints of "economy" in the interior but otherwise nicely designed inside"

fuel efficient to a point but uncomfortable

By on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pros: "reasonably good fuel efficiency, good handling"

Cons: "uncomfortable ride"

"This would be a great car for a flat, southern locale (e.g. Florida). Fuel efficiency is bad for hilly terrain and decreases by about 5 mpg in winter. For a 50/50 street/rural highway combination, the mpg was about 46 mpg (rural locale). The car is uncomfortable for long trips, sprung very hard. However it does handle nicely."

I love this car!

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "Great mpg, looks good, fun to drive"

Cons: "Interior noise a little high"

"Over the past year and a half, I have gotten between 44 and 48 mpg. I check the mileage every fill-up. This car has helped me learn to drive more efficiently and effectively. It's fun to drive...it actually corners better than all of the Civics I ever had. (5 of them.) If you want the good fuel economy, you need to learn to drive it correctly. If you're a pedal to the metal person who still wants 45 mpg, this isn't the car for you. I'm a big fan of trying to do my part for the environment...and along the way, I'm saving a ton of money on gas!"