• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,469 - $18,046.

10/6.5

8.4

Based on 112 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

not to impressed

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "roomy"

Cons: "not designed well to work on at home"

"For those do it yourselfers who don't have all the garage tools: there is no good place to jack the car up. You just plain can't from the front. Frame seems weak even to jack it up under the doors. Inside is alright though. Lots of room in the back. I've heard of people getting a lot better gas millage but I seem to only be able to get about 46mpg. I got it for the buy price but I think I should have went Prius."

Mileage beast

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

Pros: "great price, mileage, smooth"

Cons: "slow, not powerful, wind moves it"

"First off this car is not for everyone. If your a speed demon look elsewhere or if you want something strong try again. This car is a godsend for freeway use and amazing in the city too. My driving is 90 percent freeway and I try to throttle between 60 or 65 mph. I get around 50-53 mpg, but when I kicked my speed to 70-75 my mpg dropped to around 40. Basically a great car if you don't mind driving a bit slow and want to fill up once a week. I'm 22 and after getting a speeding ticket in my old car this one keeps me away from the cops lol."

My first Hybrid

By on Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Pros: "MPG, look, technology, interior (I added leather)"

Cons: "Weight and size - no sunroof (Would add a lot)"

"I purchased my Insight in June of this year. It is my first Hybrid and I do like the "sportiness" of it. I have been getting in the city around 42-43 mpg, however, I did get it up to 48.7 yesterday for the first time! After you learn how the car works and drives, you can really pick up your MPG - it almost becomes a game. If I had to say what I don't like or takes some getting use to - is the size and weight of this car (or any car hybrid I guess), I still need to tackle my first Minnesota winter with the Insight - I wonder how that will go. The size makes it a little close (or closer then I am use to) in the car - but fits a passenger and a couple of medium size dogs very nicely. All in all I really do like the car and love playing the "MPG game" each time I drive it."

MPG dropping

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

"bought a 2010 with 37k on it. No problems so far, generally pleased with it. I do not undersatnd how so many reviews boast over 50 MPG. I have not seen better than 40, using computer and actual. lately dropping to 35 per computer, right after an oil change!! Use eco mode always. I wonder if something needs tuned up on mine. Dissapointed BC bought it mainly because I wanted to get at least 40 mpg."

Rear door access horrible

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

I don't own this car

"While shopping for a new vehicle and getting into the back seat if the Insight to check for leg room, seat comfort, head room, etc., I bumped my head very hard just above my right ear. After laying across the seat and holding my head for a few minutes I sat up to see how that could have happened. As I looked out the door opening I realized the top of the door frame was about my eye level. I am not a tall person. I did not drive the vehicle, so cannot rate it on anything else except for the design of the back door. It is horrible."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25