• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,318 - $17,939.

10/6.5

8.4

Based on 118 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Rear door access horrible

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

I don't own this car

"While shopping for a new vehicle and getting into the back seat if the Insight to check for leg room, seat comfort, head room, etc., I bumped my head very hard just above my right ear. After laying across the seat and holding my head for a few minutes I sat up to see how that could have happened. As I looked out the door opening I realized the top of the door frame was about my eye level. I am not a tall person. I did not drive the vehicle, so cannot rate it on anything else except for the design of the back door. It is horrible."

Best Buy!

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "great price, mpg, reliability, sleek"

"I love my Insight and I absolutely love the value of my Insight. I regularly haul 550# of stuff in my car and get 41-43 mpg depending on outside temp. Its pretty inside and out, highly functional with the fold down seats. Easy to care for with oil change every 10-11k. The only thing I have not liked is an intermittent squeak in my glove box."

My Insight has been problem free and a GREAT value

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Pros: "Value, Gas mileage, power ,room with hatchback"

Cons: "no cruise control, light interior gets dirty quick"

"Other than missing an armrest compartment and no cruise(LX model)I'm thrilled with this problem free car-even without the EX models slip diff- with 4 Blizzaks I went thru the snow with no problem in upstate NY's lake effect snowbelt. plenty of power to pass, and 43ish mpg to boot (a little lower with the snow tires on) I leased this car but will probably buy it at lease end, so I can continue to avoid the repair shop!!!!! The hatchback is soo roomy I moved a clothes dryer in it(hatch wasn't closed)"

It is what I expected

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "Good price, normal car feel."

Cons: "Small elbow rest, side gusts tend to move vehicle."

"This vehicle achieves what it was designed to do. It is a cost effective hybrid compared to its competitors. Being a complex electro-mechanical product I elected to buy this compared to its domestic equivalent. (I trust Honda reliability.) After 50k miles I do not have any problems to report with the car. All services were done per recommendations in the owners manual. Quality of the car is above average due to more of a plastic look inside. Ride comfort is average due to relatively stiff suspension and thin seat cushions. Driving dynamics is excellent for a hybrid. Ergonomics and cabinet layout is excellent. To get 60 mpg you need to stay below 55 mph and really watch your stop and go traffic."

very good on gas

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "not a powerful machine but great on gas"

"A very reliable car with great milage"

Handles Awesome, a little underpowered

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "affordable, great gas mileage, excellent corners"

Cons: "a bit underpowered"

sky blue w_black tint

"I have owned this 2010 Insight 2 EX for close to three years. It is a blast to drive. I upgraded the tires immediately, and it corners like it is on rails. I drive it like a sports car and wail it through the turns. It is great! It definitely is underpowered though. You have to floor it to accelerate onto the highway. it does get up and go, though, just needs lots of encouragement. The gas mileage is great. 37-40 regularly. I think it is fabulous that I can totally floor it and peel out and constantly accelerate at top RPM and still get 35mpg. My old pocket rocket was about the same top speed, worse in the corners, but just got 20ish mpg. This insight is great!"

sky blue w_black tint

Its way understated!

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "great price great on gas"

"My 2013 Insight averages 50.3 MPG! The salesman at the dealer told me it gets 50 MPG and I had doubts but he was correct...this is a great car! The milage per gallon is way way understated!"

Better then prius

By on Friday, March 01, 2013

Pros: "comforte, handling, design"

Cons: "very low to ground"

"I got the insight because I drive a lot. I find that for the long haul the insight is much more comfortable then the prius, with a better ride, better handling, and better look. I average 47-53mph hwy and with the prius I was getting 48-53. I find the prius gets the same mileage all the time. With the insight your mileage is based on you driving style. It takes some getting used to... tho after a while I don't even notice the engine turning off and on. New passengers in my car are sometimes startled when I'm at a light and the engine turns off. Over all I recommend this car. Even with high gas prices I never spend more then 35$ to fill up and can go for a long time between fill ups."

Best Honda I have owned.

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "Styling. Quality. Price. Gas mileage. Safety"

Cons: "Not available in a 2 door coupe."

"I have owned four Honda Civics since 1998 and my one month old 2013 Insight LX is excellent in all respects. I am 6'1" tall and have ample head and leg room. The interior and exterior quality is excellent and the gas mileage (average of 50+ mpg in city and highway driving) is great. Before buying the Insight I test drove two 2013 Prius's and chose the Insight as I believe it looks nicer, drives better, and costs less. The Insight's "Econ" function is useful too. Finally, I feel safe in my Insight (even though it is small) as I was made aware of its advanced safety features and know it has been highly rated in crash tests."

great car! great mileage!

By on Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pros: "competitively priced/great mileage/low maint."

Cons: "tires wear more rapidly than standard vehicles"

"I bought this car new in Fall '09. It's great! I drive over 100 miles per day for work and can go several days without stopping at the gas station (and when I DO stop, it only takes 10-12 gal. of gas max!). Car uses regular unleaded. Most oil-change places stock the oil filter, most tire stores can get the low-profile tires within a day. Comfy front seats, less comfortable back seats, great heating/cooling, audio speaker distribution. "Sport" mode is fun when you feel like 'shifting gears'. Easy trunk access due to flat/low back. Tons of room for gear with rear seats down."