• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Honda Insight Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,194 - $17,835.

10/6.5

8.4

Based on 121 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Mileage beast

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

Pros: "great price, mileage, smooth"

Cons: "slow, not powerful, wind moves it"

"First off this car is not for everyone. If your a speed demon look elsewhere or if you want something strong try again. This car is a godsend for freeway use and amazing in the city too. My driving is 90 percent freeway and I try to throttle between 60 or 65 mph. I get around 50-53 mpg, but when I kicked my speed to 70-75 my mpg dropped to around 40. Basically a great car if you don't mind driving a bit slow and want to fill up once a week. I'm 22 and after getting a speeding ticket in my old car this one keeps me away from the cops lol."

My first Hybrid

By on Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Pros: "MPG, look, technology, interior (I added leather)"

Cons: "Weight and size - no sunroof (Would add a lot)"

"I purchased my Insight in June of this year. It is my first Hybrid and I do like the "sportiness" of it. I have been getting in the city around 42-43 mpg, however, I did get it up to 48.7 yesterday for the first time! After you learn how the car works and drives, you can really pick up your MPG - it almost becomes a game. If I had to say what I don't like or takes some getting use to - is the size and weight of this car (or any car hybrid I guess), I still need to tackle my first Minnesota winter with the Insight - I wonder how that will go. The size makes it a little close (or closer then I am use to) in the car - but fits a passenger and a couple of medium size dogs very nicely. All in all I really do like the car and love playing the "MPG game" each time I drive it."

MPG dropping

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

"bought a 2010 with 37k on it. No problems so far, generally pleased with it. I do not undersatnd how so many reviews boast over 50 MPG. I have not seen better than 40, using computer and actual. lately dropping to 35 per computer, right after an oil change!! Use eco mode always. I wonder if something needs tuned up on mine. Dissapointed BC bought it mainly because I wanted to get at least 40 mpg."

Rear door access horrible

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

I don't own this car

"While shopping for a new vehicle and getting into the back seat if the Insight to check for leg room, seat comfort, head room, etc., I bumped my head very hard just above my right ear. After laying across the seat and holding my head for a few minutes I sat up to see how that could have happened. As I looked out the door opening I realized the top of the door frame was about my eye level. I am not a tall person. I did not drive the vehicle, so cannot rate it on anything else except for the design of the back door. It is horrible."

Best Buy!

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "great price, mpg, reliability, sleek"

"I love my Insight and I absolutely love the value of my Insight. I regularly haul 550# of stuff in my car and get 41-43 mpg depending on outside temp. Its pretty inside and out, highly functional with the fold down seats. Easy to care for with oil change every 10-11k. The only thing I have not liked is an intermittent squeak in my glove box."

My Insight has been problem free and a GREAT value

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Pros: "Value, Gas mileage, power ,room with hatchback"

Cons: "no cruise control, light interior gets dirty quick"

"Other than missing an armrest compartment and no cruise(LX model)I'm thrilled with this problem free car-even without the EX models slip diff- with 4 Blizzaks I went thru the snow with no problem in upstate NY's lake effect snowbelt. plenty of power to pass, and 43ish mpg to boot (a little lower with the snow tires on) I leased this car but will probably buy it at lease end, so I can continue to avoid the repair shop!!!!! The hatchback is soo roomy I moved a clothes dryer in it(hatch wasn't closed)"

It is what I expected

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "Good price, normal car feel."

Cons: "Small elbow rest, side gusts tend to move vehicle."

"This vehicle achieves what it was designed to do. It is a cost effective hybrid compared to its competitors. Being a complex electro-mechanical product I elected to buy this compared to its domestic equivalent. (I trust Honda reliability.) After 50k miles I do not have any problems to report with the car. All services were done per recommendations in the owners manual. Quality of the car is above average due to more of a plastic look inside. Ride comfort is average due to relatively stiff suspension and thin seat cushions. Driving dynamics is excellent for a hybrid. Ergonomics and cabinet layout is excellent. To get 60 mpg you need to stay below 55 mph and really watch your stop and go traffic."

very good on gas

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "not a powerful machine but great on gas"

"A very reliable car with great milage"

Handles Awesome, a little underpowered

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "affordable, great gas mileage, excellent corners"

Cons: "a bit underpowered"

sky blue w_black tint

"I have owned this 2010 Insight 2 EX for close to three years. It is a blast to drive. I upgraded the tires immediately, and it corners like it is on rails. I drive it like a sports car and wail it through the turns. It is great! It definitely is underpowered though. You have to floor it to accelerate onto the highway. it does get up and go, though, just needs lots of encouragement. The gas mileage is great. 37-40 regularly. I think it is fabulous that I can totally floor it and peel out and constantly accelerate at top RPM and still get 35mpg. My old pocket rocket was about the same top speed, worse in the corners, but just got 20ish mpg. This insight is great!"

sky blue w_black tint

Its way understated!

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "great price great on gas"

"My 2013 Insight averages 50.3 MPG! The salesman at the dealer told me it gets 50 MPG and I had doubts but he was correct...this is a great car! The milage per gallon is way way understated!"