2012 Honda Insight

8.4

Based on 139 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Good choice for $4.00/gal gas

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "More fun to drive than the Prius I test drove."

Cons: "Don't know how long the eco seat fabric will last."

"I purchased this car to replace a 1996 Civic that I used for running around the city. Although similarly sized, there is a world of difference. The Civic would get around 28 mpg on the highway. But with little regard to conservative driving, the Insight gets me 51 mpg on the same hwy route - with more comfort."

Nice car but please don't expect luxury!

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "GREAT mpg... The best, I guess"

Cons: "Very inexpensive interior materials..."

"I own this car for 1.5 years and drive it every day to work and around the area on weekends. Car is very efficient on fuel - on the highway it's 60 mpg, I am serious! Traffic takes it to 38 mpg with heating or airconditioning on. So, if you'd like to save on gas - this is the car! Car is great on turns, it sticks to the road like a glue. Interior wise, I am not impressed. The interior is very, very modest... Honda car should have more expensive materials, this one doesn't. Again, question yourself - what do I want from my car? My answer was - economy, reliable car. So... here I am! Please, read carefully maintenance instructions - dealer would recommend to change oil in 5,000 miles - that is NOT true. You should change it ONLY in 15,000 miles, so please save your money. I am a woman and I am very good with cars, so hope you guys will benefit from this review."

Best value for the fuel economy and comfort

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

Pros: "Great fuel economy, comfortable, affordable"

Cons: "Poor rear visibility, one cup holder blocked"

"I have a 45 minute commute to work everyday so I needed a car that was comfortable and had good fuel economy. This car is great! Pros: It is rated for 40-43 mpg but my commute is mostly flat, with mostly good weather (and I drive very efficiently) so I tend to get 55-60mpg on my commute. My overall average since I bought the car is 53.2mpg (including any interstate driving, bad weather, etc). I find the seats to be very comfortable and I really love the vents. I know that might be strange but I hate it when I have a hot spot where the sun is shining on me and the vents can't direct air to that spot. I am always the perfect temperature in the Insight. The hatchback/trunk area has a surprising amount of room and if you lay the seats down there is a good amount of height available too (my 75lb dog likes to ride back there and she can fully stand up in the back with no problems) There is a storage space under the trunk interior, surrounding the spare tire that is large enough to hold your jumper cables (you won't need them though), first aid kit, etc Having the usb charging/play cable inside the armrest console is pretty convenient. It keeps my mp3 player out of sight and out of the sun so I can leave it in there all the time. Front and side visibility is excellent and driving the car in general feels great. The car corners smoothly, has little road noise and reacts quickly to any driver inputs. I also love the convenience of the steering wheel radio controls, it lets me flip through all the stations without having to take my eyes off the road. The car is low and sleek enough to minimize drag and maximize fuel efficiency but is high enough off the ground that you will clear a standard parking stop - no need to worry about tearing off the bumper or anything crazy like that. Cons: The cons are very minimal but here are the only things I think Honda should try to improve: - The rear visibility is pretty poor, I always feel like i have a big blind spot back there no matter how much i adjust the mirrors - the AC/lighter outlet is directly above the driver's cup-holder so you can't charge your phone from that outlet if you have a drink in both cup-holders That's it! This is a great car. My last car was paid off and got about 22mpg. With this car, my gas cost plus car payment is only $100/month more than the cost of my last car (which had no car payment). The maintenance costs a little more but it needs less maintenance so you don't experience any added cost there. I think anyone who has a commute would love this car!"

One year old

By on Monday, June 14, 2010

"Insight is good on gas and easy on the wallet. Not good choice for taller people commuting long distances. Uncomfortable after long commute. Noisy on Interstate. Good pep in Sports Mode. Like the features and design of the car. Driver seat is comfortable just not enough leg room."

Best choice on the market

By on Tuesday, June 01, 2010

"I put alot of miles on my vehicles in a short time. I chose the Insight over the Prius and Fusion for several reasons. Reason 1 - Unlike the Prius its not in the media for having issues. Though I realize the media most likely blew things out of proportion. Reason 2 - Fuel consumption. Yes I know the Prius gets better fuel mileage. But when you do a cost analysis you would have to drive over 40 thousand miles before a break even point. Reason 3- My Insight is the EX with Nav. to get these features on a Prius or Fusion it would cost over $28,000. I picked up my NEW not used Insight EX w/Nav with floor mats, splash guards, cargo tray, and tinted windows for $22,000. Ford and Toyota couldn't touch this. Plus 1.9% APR for 60 months. Now that's a great deal!!!!"