2012 Honda Insight

8.4

Based on 135 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Good choice for $4.00/gal gas

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "More fun to drive than the Prius I test drove."

Cons: "Don't know how long the eco seat fabric will last."

"I purchased this car to replace a 1996 Civic that I used for running around the city. Although similarly sized, there is a world of difference. The Civic would get around 28 mpg on the highway. But with little regard to conservative driving, the Insight gets me 51 mpg on the same hwy route - with more comfort."

Great MPG and very reliable !! Get one.....

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "A real gas saver....and roomy for a hybrid."

Cons: "Needs better quality interior fabric & floor mats."

"Have owned a 2010 Insight for 2 years with 38k miles and have averaged 43-45 mpg. Only issue was a molding on roof that would blow off in high wind and now that warranty is up rear shocks are starting to leak. Can get over 50 mpg going 55 mph. I have had a Prius before and had a bad battery smell on interior that we couldn't get rid of. I drove the newer Prius and even though I liked the design better the Insight was much more spacious in divers seat.....Prius felt crowded. Overall all a great hybrid and worth every penny."

MORE CAR THAN I EXPECTED!

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Better fuel economy than EPA estimates"

Cons: "Like more bells and whistles"

"My 8-month old Insight consistently gets 50-52 mpg. It is much more peppy and comfortable than I thought it would be. I am 240lbs and find the car to be very adequate for my comfort. I am retired and bought the Insight to have something to drive when I needed to run errands. We have a Honda Crosstour that my wife was driving. However, she now drives the Insight and leaves me the Crosstour. Next one will have Navigation, backup camera and XM."

Great Car!

By on Friday, December 03, 2010

"I only have this car for a few days, I got if for the mileage since I'm going to have a long commute from home to work. It was a rational decision based ONLY on the MPG rate. Did research the Prius but decided on the Insight since it was cheaper. I could not be more happier with this car! I love driving it and did not expect to like the car so much. I have the basic model which comes with a lot of features still. The seats are a little hard and not so confortable but I'm getting used to it!. It is fun do drive this car and the display gives you a lot of information which is also nice to keep track. I recommend."

Great looking and practical little car

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Sleek, practical, great fuel efficiency vehicle"

Cons: "Bumpy rides"

"This is a very nice car. I love the looks and its hatch back cargo capacity. I am always amazed at all the things we can fit in the back when folding the back seats. The interior materials and ergonomics are very good. I was a little hesitant about having enough leg and head room but it hasn't been a problem at all. The fuel efficiency is greater than expected. I'm not crazy about the IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) system and I would also prefer a smoother ride when driving. Hope future models will improve this."

Gas Saver

By on Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Pros: "gas saver"

Cons: "interior quality"

"When I was car shopping I was not looking for a Hybrid. It found me.Made it from Jackson,MS to Houston Tx on 3/4 of a tank whats not to like."

good transportation

By on Friday, April 22, 2011

"owned the lx Insight for over a year. Quality is exellent and gas mileage has averaged 53mpg. Not the most comfortable car and you'll be in the back of the pack most of the time but if what you want is good cheap transportation you don't have to work on every other weekend, its for you."

The best car for the money

By on Friday, March 04, 2011

"Got LX 2010. Doing 50 miles per G. Little noise on Highways and may get tired driving long hours. But for City it's just perfect! Considering today's gas prices - the car is the Best Buy!"

Perfect for 2-3 person family

By on Friday, March 04, 2011

"The Good: Great gas mileage (even in the winter I am getting 43.0), comfortable, reliable, hatch and foldable rear seats adds a lot of cargo room, good looking, surprisingly roomy front seat (my husband is 6'3" and is comfortable). The Bad: Small backseat, seals on the roof can easily come off during an automated carwash (I was told that Honda is aware of the problem and the seal was replaced at no cost to me). This is the perfect car for a 2 or 3 person family. In the winter I get about 43.0 MPG and in the summer 45.0 MPG. Anyone who gets less than this is driving too heavy footed. I would say you could get much better than 43-45 MPG if you tried your hardest to keep the meter color green all the time."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"Great car. Had for 2 months. Put 5500 miles - average is 49mpg. Better than Prius!"