2012 Honda Insight

8.4

Based on 134 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Good choice for $4.00/gal gas

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "More fun to drive than the Prius I test drove."

Cons: "Don't know how long the eco seat fabric will last."

"I purchased this car to replace a 1996 Civic that I used for running around the city. Although similarly sized, there is a world of difference. The Civic would get around 28 mpg on the highway. But with little regard to conservative driving, the Insight gets me 51 mpg on the same hwy route - with more comfort."

Great MPG and very reliable !! Get one.....

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "A real gas saver....and roomy for a hybrid."

Cons: "Needs better quality interior fabric & floor mats."

"Have owned a 2010 Insight for 2 years with 38k miles and have averaged 43-45 mpg. Only issue was a molding on roof that would blow off in high wind and now that warranty is up rear shocks are starting to leak. Can get over 50 mpg going 55 mph. I have had a Prius before and had a bad battery smell on interior that we couldn't get rid of. I drove the newer Prius and even though I liked the design better the Insight was much more spacious in divers seat.....Prius felt crowded. Overall all a great hybrid and worth every penny."

Great inexpensive hybrid

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "CHEAP, HYBRID, 50 mpg"

Cons: "Slow acceleration, not the best audio speakers"

"All positive except for one thing. I wish the battery was a lithium ion battery (longer life, more powerful), and I wish that there was an option for leather seats, heated seats, and better speakers (infinity, boston, rockford fossgate) in my car model year. I like gadgets and this car is pretty plain, but extremely practical and a huge money saver!"

Great Car!

By on Friday, December 03, 2010

"I only have this car for a few days, I got if for the mileage since I'm going to have a long commute from home to work. It was a rational decision based ONLY on the MPG rate. Did research the Prius but decided on the Insight since it was cheaper. I could not be more happier with this car! I love driving it and did not expect to like the car so much. I have the basic model which comes with a lot of features still. The seats are a little hard and not so confortable but I'm getting used to it!. It is fun do drive this car and the display gives you a lot of information which is also nice to keep track. I recommend."

Very reliable vehicle

By on Saturday, October 23, 2010

"I bought Honda Insight 2010 about eight month ago. I love this vehicle, and it very reliable. The gas mileage is excellent. For my average daily commute: work, and school, I got an average of 46 to 49 mile/gallon. The only bad thing about this vehicle is the interior space. It does not have comfortable space as my old Honda accord, but I can live with it because I usually have only one or two passengers anyway. I hope this would help."