2012 Honda Insight

8.4

Based on 132 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Love it!

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "good price, runs FOREVER"

Cons: "Blind spot, WORTHLESS cup holders."

"Great little car. I get 47-54 MPG ALL the time. I find that the ECO mode is only good for the HWY makes my MPG go down on hilly country roads. Cup holders are WORTHLESS and it does have a bad blind spot on the pass. side but you get used to it. Great car for work and school not recommended for busy parents running high school kids to sporting events with lots of gear."

Great hybrid for the money!

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "great price and mpg and is fun to drive."

Cons: "styling more generic and interior needs upgrades."

"I have had no problems with my car so far and average around 50mpg. For the money, it is difficult to find a better hybrid for return on investment. It has a more engaging driving experience than other hybrids I test drove, and the purchase process was a breeze. Other than oil changes once a year I have had no need to return to the dealer. Job done."

Drive 85 miles one way every day- Love this car!

By on Saturday, April 04, 2015

Pros: "Pleasent car to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "There are some blind spots, the back seat is tight"

"I have owned this car for 150,000+ miles. I drive both secondary and highway miles. I find this car to be very comfortable for the driver, maybe not so much for back seaters. I was surprised that people didn't find it peppy, I find it likes going 70 + and I have to keep my eye on the speed. I always drive in Eco mode and get 50 plus mpg in summer and 40+ in winter. Just normal up keep, almost all the headlights died over a 2 month time period recently. With good snow tires it handles well in winter too, better then my friend Prius. Didn't notice any problems in the Mts."

Great car--does what I expected

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Well designed interior, comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Not a car for hotdogs"

"I've driven this car over 55,000 miles; replaced the original tires at 48,000+ with a little tread left before the wear bars, but it was December and winter was coming. On the highway, at speed limit I get around 50 mpg (I drove TX with 80 mph speed limits); in town about 43 mpg. Ten years driving hybrids has taught me that driving is a science and the driver needs to use the car as a designed tool--operator and machine contribute to performance."

High Maintenance

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Easy to handle, pretty comfortable car"

Cons: "A commuters nightmare.."

"This car feels good on the road, but eats tires like candy. It also is an oil burner. In addition, it does NOT get the mileage that it is rated at. It gets no better gas mileage than a non Hybrid car. Maintenance is constant and expensive."

VERY VERY SMOOTH AND RELIABLE CAR.

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2015

"GREAT CAR. ABSOLUTELY ZERO PROBLEMS WITH THIS CAR. IT WAS DRIVEN EVERY DAY AND NEVER HESITATED TO PERFORM. GAS MILEATGE WAS SUPERB AND WOULD RECOMMEND THIS CAR TO ANYONE. GETTING UP IN AGE AND NEED A CAR THAT IS NOT AS CLOSE TO THE GROUND. BUT IT WAS A DANDY AND WILL BE MISSED!"

Good car

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "Great on gas."

Cons: "Not so good in snow"

"I bought this car new in late 2009. It now has 140,000 miles on it. The ONLY things I've had to replace are tires and 1 set of break pads. Great mileage, not bad in the Colorado mountains and averages about 43 MPG. My only gripes are it's not very good in the snow and on a super hot day the air conditioner could use a little help."

great for the $$$$

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "great for the $$$$"

"Great deal, reliable, knock of similar prius, but $3000 cheaper. Never had any major issues."

the 2012 insight ex model great miles 50 plus

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "fun car"

Cons: "cup holders not good placnent for us"

"the overall car is great wife drives 80 miles a day just loves the car from driver seat every thing is total reachable but at about 60000 miles car is burning oil wish i could a fix.do not want to give up car"

Great commuter car

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "EPA-beating MPG, low cost, more "fun" than a Prius"

Cons: "No AC when stopped, engine wheezes on hills"

"We've had our 2011 Insight EX since new. It's had 50,000 trouble-free miles, with only normal maintenance like oil changes and a new set of tires (factory ones wore out after 15k miles). First off, fuel economy: we have a 20 mile commute roundtrip, with a mixture of hwy and city roads. We average around 46mpg, (calculated after refueling), soundly beating the EPA rated figures. On longer roadtrips, we've gotten 55-60mpg. Following the built-in efficient driving guides, you should absolutely get better mileage than the EPA figures. It's also a much more engaging car to drive than the Prius. We test drove both back to back, and the Insight has much more direct handling, and the manual shift paddles on the EX trim snap through pre-set CVT ratios instantly. It feels like a dual-clutch box in that mode. The car has no troubles getting up to freeway speeds and passing, although I'd recommending a few "downshifts" on the paddle shifters before passing. That said, the paltry 98hp does make hill climbing a chore, as the car will drone away at 5000rpm after the electric boost charge is used up. Even worse, the car has an alarming tendency to roll backward if you're stopped on a hill, and the start-stop system kills the engine. After you let off the brake, the car lags in getting enough torque to start rolling forward. This caused some hair-raising situations during a drive through San Francisco. At level grades, though, the stop-start function is seamless. The car does great in light snow. The skinny tires cut through light snow very well, and the car tracked great. I did have problems getting up an icy hill, but made it to the top after turning off the traction control. With judicious driving, the car can manage mild snowstorms without issue, just stick to plowed roads. The interior is comfortable, and the EX stereo has USB input and sat radio. It sounds decent for a car in this class, and has no problems connecting to an iphone, USB stick, or Android phone and navigating through playlists right from the dash. On our car, bluetooth was only available with the navigation, which we don't have. Later models changed that. In an obvious cost-cutting measure, the air-conditioning compressor is powered off the engine accessory belt, like a conventional gas car. However, this means the AC turns off when you stop at a stoplight, and can be very uncomfortable on hot days. There doesn't seem to be a way to force the car to idle, as it will shut off in both normal and ECO modes. The competition uses electric AC compressors to get around this, but also cost quite a bit more. The automatic single-zone climate control works great when the car is running. The sloped roof can make the back seat hard to get into for taller passengers, although there's plenty of headroom once they're seated. There's a sizable cargo space with the rear seats up, and this becomes massive with the seats folded down. I've gotten a full garage cabinet set in the back with the hatch closed. Overall, we really like this car, despite its relatively minor faults. It's never had a single problem, gets great mileage, and isn't entirely soul-sucking to drive (this coming from a Subaru WRX owner)."