2011 Honda Insight

8.4

Based on 139 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next

Disappointed in vehicle

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

"This vehicle is no where near the quality of the '04 Insight. My car feels cheap, makes ringing noises, you can hear the gas tank swoosh when making a stop, and no sound deafening when driving. I've even submitted a complaint and was advised these are known characteristics of the car and not defects. I will never buy this car again."

Perfect low overall cost Urban Commuter fun to dri

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "Low cost - fun and always feels new"

Cons: "Mountain driving low battery power"

"Still fun and enjoyable to drive. Lowest overall cost of any car ever owned. Climate Control is great (change cabin filter regularly) Good Feel of the road but stiff - Not a great mountain car but most front wheel drive cars are not either...Very handy hatchback but rear seats are not for large people...The EX model has the "Worth every dollar" features.. The Honda "Eco=Boost" Hybrid technology is far simpler and may be more trouble free in higher mileage years...."

Good Vehicle

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Gas Mileage"

Cons: "Noisy engine under load"

"The Insight handles well and rides fairly smoothly. On the highway I get in the low 50s. However, the car must be driven moderately to get over 50mpg. Weather also impacts mileage. During the winter expect 2-3mpg less. Power is just adequate and under load you will hear the engine. Although the Insight doesn't quite get the mileage of a Prius, I saved approximately $5500 by buying the Insight, which will buy a lot of gas."

Handles Awesome, a little underpowered

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pros: "affordable, great gas mileage, excellent corners"

Cons: "a bit underpowered"

sky blue w_black tint

"I have owned this 2010 Insight 2 EX for close to three years. It is a blast to drive. I upgraded the tires immediately, and it corners like it is on rails. I drive it like a sports car and wail it through the turns. It is great! It definitely is underpowered though. You have to floor it to accelerate onto the highway. it does get up and go, though, just needs lots of encouragement. The gas mileage is great. 37-40 regularly. I think it is fabulous that I can totally floor it and peel out and constantly accelerate at top RPM and still get 35mpg. My old pocket rocket was about the same top speed, worse in the corners, but just got 20ish mpg. This insight is great!"

sky blue w_black tint

the 2012 insight ex model great miles 50 plus

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "fun car"

Cons: "cup holders not good placnent for us"

"the overall car is great wife drives 80 miles a day just loves the car from driver seat every thing is total reachable but at about 60000 miles car is burning oil wish i could a fix.do not want to give up car"

Reliable, economical, practical

By on Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Pros: "Economical, reliable"

Cons: "no sat nav"

"This is my third Insight and 5th Honda, in a row. I cannot fault the car's performance, reliability and practicality."

Love the gas mileage..Sporty style is fun 2 drive

By on Friday, December 04, 2015

Cons: "Tire pressure changes when weather drops below 32*"

"My all time favorite car to own. I've owned in the past: Honda Accord (2), Volvo Wagon (3) and an Xfinity Qx4 and the Honda Insight is the one I would rate overall as number one. This car has it all. The gas mileage was a huge selling point and I average about 45mpg. This car is sexy and sporty and I love driving it. The Soccer Mom days are over and this car better reflects my personality now that my kids are grown. I am conscious about the environment and still young at heart having fun driving my Honda Insight. it's almost embarrassing to admit how many winks I get at stop lights from much younger men (LOL). If they only knew what I look like behind those "Foster Grants", it's the car they car attracted to and when I catch them starring at the car they are thinking "im a sexy chick driving a sexy car". That is true but I'm smart too because this car will pay for itself with the money I save in gas."

Great on gas,but I downgraded

By on Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"I'm a NY mom of 2 that commutes alot. The car saves me money on gas, but I down graded on style and comfort. I owned a Black Honda Accord LX-L (V6). I miss the seating room, leather seats, moonroof and the speed."

By on Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"Paid $18400 for an LX & average mpg for first 1500 miles it 46mpg. What's not to like? It's been quiet & comfortable on several 4 hour trips. Some of the interior trim & overall feel seems a little less solid than I'm used to; hence a "4" for quality. For example, the cover around the steering wheel column was easily dislodged but easily fixed luckily. The arm rests between the passenger & driver seats should have been std on all models. I wasn't willing to go $2k more for LX to get it. If my other car died today, as of now, I'd buy a second one."

Best Vehicle Ever fun to drive!

By on Sunday, July 12, 2009

"Best Vehicle Ever fun to drive!"

Great car--does what I expected

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "Well designed interior, comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Not a car for hotdogs"

"I've driven this car over 55,000 miles; replaced the original tires at 48,000+ with a little tread left before the wear bars, but it was December and winter was coming. On the highway, at speed limit I get around 50 mpg (I drove TX with 80 mph speed limits); in town about 43 mpg. Ten years driving hybrids has taught me that driving is a science and the driver needs to use the car as a designed tool--operator and machine contribute to performance."

Can't find a new car I'd trade for

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "It's a happy car and has few flaws."

Cons: "Driver foot discomfort."

"Except for the intrusion of the tunnel onto the driver's foot position and somewhat lumpy seat, I find the car very comfortable. It's adequately powerful, handles almost like a sports car when the tires are properly inflated. Fuel economy is quite good. It has averaged a bit over 42 mpg for the total miles, and almost 44 mpg for the past thousand. Uses no oil between changes and revs happily to 6,000 rpm or more."

Very Happy I got one!

By on Sunday, April 03, 2011

"I did some research on the 2011 LX insight before purchasing and read about ride harshness and slow acceleration. So, when I went for a test drive, I wasn't expecting much but, turned out being very pleased. I've had the car for two weeks now and have no problem merging into traffic, or on the highway and it is very comfortable; like a Civic or Fit. My first tank was 42.5 mpg, without really trying and have read it will only get better. Another surprise, the stereo is really very good!"

not to impressed

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "roomy"

Cons: "not designed well to work on at home"

"For those do it yourselfers who don't have all the garage tools: there is no good place to jack the car up. You just plain can't from the front. Frame seems weak even to jack it up under the doors. Inside is alright though. Lots of room in the back. I've heard of people getting a lot better gas millage but I seem to only be able to get about 46mpg. I got it for the buy price but I think I should have went Prius."

Owned 2 of these Excellent car, avg 42 mpg each

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "great price; great car; reliable; 42 mpg"

Cons: "one all door locking sw; no moon roof option"

"PROS: Fun car; comfortable enough for 4 average people (Im 6'2"; better value than Prius (I can drive a LONG way on price difference); style beats even 2011 and earlier year Insight, many compliments; have gotten 56 mpg on long trip from Lancaster to Palmdale with no tail wind, but average is 42 mpg otherwise; typical Honda product meeting all expectations CONS: tires are narrow, drive ok but wear quickly, hard to find, and are expensive - predict 50,000 mile replacement; early roof trim departing problem was apparently finally solved in late 2010 - 2nd car no problem, but first had trim peel back or departures 7 times; no moon roof option; no lock/unlock switch on passenger side and typical Honda door lock is not intuitive for any passenger to date; air dam below front bumper (common with many newer cars) is low and prone to scratching/damage"

By on Sunday, September 26, 2010

By on Tuesday, July 28, 2009

High Maintenance

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Easy to handle, pretty comfortable car"

Cons: "A commuters nightmare.."

"This car feels good on the road, but eats tires like candy. It also is an oil burner. In addition, it does NOT get the mileage that it is rated at. It gets no better gas mileage than a non Hybrid car. Maintenance is constant and expensive."

Downer

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

"MPG way overstated. Transmission is like riding an old mule"

Reliable but small, and not that comfortable

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Small, uncomfortable"

"The vehicle is extremely small...deceivingly small. The ride is not that comfortable aside from the dash board visuals the interior looks and feels cheap. The reliability of the car itself is excellent thus far."

Yawn

By on Monday, October 05, 2009

"I know it does a good job reducing pollutants and gets better mileage than NonHybrids, but why is it 10mpg less than the new Prius, and why is it such a dog in acceleration? I am afraid to get on the highway where I live (SoCal). I wish I'd paid the additional 3K and gotten a more refined car. Prius works, if you have to Hybrid."

Worse vehicle I have ever owned in over 50 years.

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "too many to list"

"Over priced;under performs. EPA sticker says 44mpg, I have never gotten over 39, last weeks long distance trip (down hill, interstate all the way) my mileage actually went down;fails to accelerate through intersections from a left hand turn; can not maintain highway speed up-hill (redlines at 55mph in top gear; hesitates when the accelerator pedal is released; extended warranty is a waste the items covered never seem to need attention (have had two oil changes in over 1.5 years). Had to replace the passenger side rear-view mirror at a price of $425;it is all plastic, not power operated (have to open the window to adjust both). The service manager says "what do you expect it is a hybrid" or "The car isn't really made for New Mexico roads and hills." I can see why their promo literature says "Cheaper to own than the Prius" because I hate to drive it and it sits in the garage; I drive my Subaru which gets 25.8mpg but at least it performs... I am a professional, CDL driver with over 2 million miles on the road and some big rigs outperform this car. Will trade it in (aka get rid of it) Dec 1."

I'v driven better vehicles with better gas mileage

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "Better mileage than a semi tractor.."

Cons: "Mileage is hyped (35-45 max).."

"I don't get the "mileage hype".. I bought my insight brand new, even the sticker indicated 30-45 mpg's. I'm getting between 35-44 mpg's. It has a 10 gallon fuel tank and gets 400-415 miles per tank. It has alot of inside noise while driving the x-way. Not very comfortable, but better than a "Yugo"..lol. All in all, the car is just "ok", but not worth the $22,000 I paid for it. It may have been worth $15-17,000 (maybe)."

Best Buy!

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "great price, mpg, reliability, sleek"

"I love my Insight and I absolutely love the value of my Insight. I regularly haul 550# of stuff in my car and get 41-43 mpg depending on outside temp. Its pretty inside and out, highly functional with the fold down seats. Easy to care for with oil change every 10-11k. The only thing I have not liked is an intermittent squeak in my glove box."

Rear door access horrible

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

I don't own this car

"While shopping for a new vehicle and getting into the back seat if the Insight to check for leg room, seat comfort, head room, etc., I bumped my head very hard just above my right ear. After laying across the seat and holding my head for a few minutes I sat up to see how that could have happened. As I looked out the door opening I realized the top of the door frame was about my eye level. I am not a tall person. I did not drive the vehicle, so cannot rate it on anything else except for the design of the back door. It is horrible."

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next