• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2011 Honda Insight

8.3

Based on 129 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next

By on Tuesday, January 04, 2011

"I shopped and thought about this car for a year before i bought it. I love it, and i have relearned how to drive. Actually, correctly. No stop, go, hurry then stop. Because i want to get my "Eco" Grade high and get the best milage. The best so far is 44, that is a combination of in town and home 23 miles away. It is sporty, comfortable, great readability on the dash. The only complaint that i have is that the computer milage is not true. My readings have been the old fashioned way. Also, the summer air conditioning use brings the milage down to 36 to 39, and you can't use the Eco mode, cause the A/C shuts off when vehicle stops. But i have had my car for over a year, and i love it."

Great Car!

By on Friday, December 03, 2010

"I only have this car for a few days, I got if for the mileage since I'm going to have a long commute from home to work. It was a rational decision based ONLY on the MPG rate. Did research the Prius but decided on the Insight since it was cheaper. I could not be more happier with this car! I love driving it and did not expect to like the car so much. I have the basic model which comes with a lot of features still. The seats are a little hard and not so confortable but I'm getting used to it!. It is fun do drive this car and the display gives you a lot of information which is also nice to keep track. I recommend."

Outstanding value

By on Friday, November 19, 2010

"I Have owned 12 Hondas over the years and have loved every one of them. This one is no exception. I have a lot of driving to do both city and highway and this vehicle adapts very well at a very low cost to anything you throw at it. It is not a speed demon, but it is good looking, reliable, very inexpensive to operate and comfortable. The technology is terrific and you can't beat the price."

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"Great car. Had for 2 months. Put 5500 miles - average is 49mpg. Better than Prius!"

OK for what it is

By on Monday, November 15, 2010

"The value is 3 or 4, because you pay extra for hybrid and the hybrid gets you good mileage, but winter mileage is below 40 and car is somewhat useless for long drives as it is uncomfortable. For me the quality is not the greatest as it is already making an annoying rattle/clunking noise at low speeds. Glove box door fit is not perfect. Performance is weak, but it is a 1.3L only. The comfort is OK for a driver, but horrible for backseat. Driver comfort lasts about 2 hours - what is the point of a Hybrid if it is terribly uncomfortable after only 2 hours. The car is "OK" - works well as a commuter if you are in the situation where you commute enough to take advantage of high mileage, but not so much where you need a more comfortable vehicle. If you need or want get up and go, this car does not deliver that either."

Very reliable vehicle

By on Saturday, October 23, 2010

"I bought Honda Insight 2010 about eight month ago. I love this vehicle, and it very reliable. The gas mileage is excellent. For my average daily commute: work, and school, I got an average of 46 to 49 mile/gallon. The only bad thing about this vehicle is the interior space. It does not have comfortable space as my old Honda accord, but I can live with it because I usually have only one or two passengers anyway. I hope this would help."

By on Tuesday, October 19, 2010

By on Sunday, September 26, 2010

Very nice Hybrid

By on Monday, September 20, 2010

"Owned since Feb. - saved a ton of money in Gas (Avg. about 45mpg without trying). Great car!"

Best Car

By on Monday, September 20, 2010

"I have seen one of the best Honda model in car industry. Ver nice immedeate pick up, when you drive at the 90 or 100 MPH speed you feel that your car speed run on 50 MPH. Very smooth running. Devdatt"

By on Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"Paid $18400 for an LX & average mpg for first 1500 miles it 46mpg. What's not to like? It's been quiet & comfortable on several 4 hour trips. Some of the interior trim & overall feel seems a little less solid than I'm used to; hence a "4" for quality. For example, the cover around the steering wheel column was easily dislodged but easily fixed luckily. The arm rests between the passenger & driver seats should have been std on all models. I wasn't willing to go $2k more for LX to get it. If my other car died today, as of now, I'd buy a second one."

Bad Paint

By on Saturday, August 14, 2010

"I have had this car for 5 months now. I really like the gas mileage but DO NOT RECOMMEND this car. The paint is already chipping off. No car manufacture deserves costumers with such poor workmanship. I am so disappointed in Honda."

overated

By on Thursday, July 15, 2010

"This is my second honda and it will be my last,I convinced myself to buy another honda after my last one became a money pit due to japanese brainwashing about overated and hyped up jap cars and I am not happy with my poor decision to buy another overated japanese clunker.Should have waited for the chevy cruze."

One year old

By on Monday, June 14, 2010

"Insight is good on gas and easy on the wallet. Not good choice for taller people commuting long distances. Uncomfortable after long commute. Noisy on Interstate. Good pep in Sports Mode. Like the features and design of the car. Driver seat is comfortable just not enough leg room."

Best choice on the market

By on Tuesday, June 01, 2010

"I put alot of miles on my vehicles in a short time. I chose the Insight over the Prius and Fusion for several reasons. Reason 1 - Unlike the Prius its not in the media for having issues. Though I realize the media most likely blew things out of proportion. Reason 2 - Fuel consumption. Yes I know the Prius gets better fuel mileage. But when you do a cost analysis you would have to drive over 40 thousand miles before a break even point. Reason 3- My Insight is the EX with Nav. to get these features on a Prius or Fusion it would cost over $28,000. I picked up my NEW not used Insight EX w/Nav with floor mats, splash guards, cargo tray, and tinted windows for $22,000. Ford and Toyota couldn't touch this. Plus 1.9% APR for 60 months. Now that's a great deal!!!!"

3800 miles

By on Monday, February 01, 2010

"I have enjoyed my Insight which is my second hybrid. It is much better than the Civic hybrid that I drove for 6 years. My mileage is averaging 48.5 MPG for combined mileage. The hatchback has provided more than enough cargo space for me. The instrument panel and controls are very easily accessed and were a primary reason for me choosing the Insight over a Prius. The only negative at this point is the view of the speedometer. The steering wheel blocks a portion of the readout. This would vary with the tilting of the steering wheel and the individual's height."

Great on gas,but I downgraded

By on Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"I'm a NY mom of 2 that commutes alot. The car saves me money on gas, but I down graded on style and comfort. I owned a Black Honda Accord LX-L (V6). I miss the seating room, leather seats, moonroof and the speed."

Great Commuter Car

By on Wednesday, December 02, 2009

"I purchased an Insight LX a couple of months ago, and have been very happy with it thus far. While I was originally planning to purchase a Prius, my wife already has a Prius and we decided that it would make more sense to get a smaller (and cheaper!) vehicle for my commute (about 12 miles each way). The insight is not going to blow anybody away performance-wise (although in sport mode with econ off it blows the Prius out of the water), but my 47.1 mpg average over about 6000 miles so far more than makes up for that. I haven't had any problems with the car, and find it to be generally comfortable and sort of fun to drive. I miss having a manual transmission, but the CVT in the Insight is, from what I hear, a necessity in terms of getting the maximum benefit from the hybrid system. While the Insight is small, its form factor makes it surprisingly versatile. I frequently need to move large boxes, and my dog's kennel, and have had no problems in that regard (far better than my old '08 civic). The car actually feels smallest in terms of its width, though other than sacrificing center console space, that doesn't seem to be a big deal. I definitely would not recommend this vehicle for anybody who routinely needs to have three people in the rear seat, although I've had two adult passengers in back on a few occasions and have had no complaints. The interior is definitely that of a budget vehicle, but is generally well-configured and attractive. I'm a huge fan of the hybrid-specific display readouts, which provide some useful fuel economy information and nice cues regarding real-time driving efficiency. In terms of features, the Insight EX and EX Nav are certainly more full-featured than my LX, but I can't complain too much (considering its purpose as a commuter vehicle). The LX lacks cruise control and variable intermittent wipers, but includes temperature-based climate control and an external temperature sensor, which I'm not used to seeing on base-level vehicles. All-in-all, I'm happy with my little Insight, and would highly recommend to others who are looking for an efficient, versatile, and relatively inexpensive vehicle."

Happy with hybrid

By on Saturday, November 14, 2009

"Good car for someone looking for a responsive, fun to drive, tight handling compact car. Paddle shifters, hand brake are nice for an ex-std driver. Dashboard display is much better than Prius high center console. Getting 47MPG in mixed suburban driving. Eco assist system really does improve driving habits. Rear view is helped by oversized mirrors and low second rear window. Driver's seat quite comfortable and rear seat room has been fine for the adults that have ridden in back. Hybrid control displays bring interest to driving that is good for someone used to a manual. Tight turning radius makes car manuverable in parking lots. I highly recommend this car."

Great Econmy

By on Saturday, November 07, 2009

"The does what I expected. Great mileage, nice features, handles well. I first drove it to conserve gas, but found the gas mileage to be only slightly less when driving more agressively. The car has good acceleration when you step on it. I would recommnd the car for commuting, but don't plan on putting 4 adults in it comfortably."

great car

By on Tuesday, October 06, 2009

"Great car would get another one but some things to watch for. No armrest or cruise control on LX modlel and poor sight of outside temp control from drivers seat. Needs to be able to raise steering wheel a little higher for 6 foot 1 inch frame."

Yawn

By on Monday, October 05, 2009

"I know it does a good job reducing pollutants and gets better mileage than NonHybrids, but why is it 10mpg less than the new Prius, and why is it such a dog in acceleration? I am afraid to get on the highway where I live (SoCal). I wish I'd paid the additional 3K and gotten a more refined car. Prius works, if you have to Hybrid."

Great car, great MPG, drive one

By on Wednesday, September 02, 2009

"I have had a Civic, Accord, Pilot, Fit and now have added the Honda Insight. I think this is a great car overall. I have been using several features such as the green/blue dash guages, and the econ button to retrain my driving habits and have been consistantly getting a fuel reading of over 44 mgp in mixed driving. I have gotten up to 47.7 on a weekend trip with it. I purchased one of the first models, from my local dealership, the EX (well worth the extra $ for all the features over the LX) and have over 3000 miles on it so far. The only downside to this model is the back seat head and leg room is limited. I can't wait to drive the next Honda hybrid the new CRZ. It will go well with my Insight and hopefully even sportier to drive. Go get one before gas goes up over the $3 range."

Fusion or Insight

By on Saturday, August 29, 2009

"Went to a number of Ford dealers. They treated me like I was stupid. With my trade and pay nearly $40000 for a Fusion Hybrid because I was negative on the trade. Or pay $23000 with low interest with the same trade. After driving a number of Hybrid Fusions and lucklly found out their gas milage was so understated. The Insight milage was far better than stated, Fusion seats are better but if you want reliability and value buy Honda. Anyway a three year old Insight will be worth alot more than Fusion. Ford is so over rated"

By on Wednesday, August 05, 2009

"I traded in my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 for this car and I do miss my big truck but I love getting 48 mpg. I took a trip to NC from FL and avg about 43 mpg. The care does not have the most comfortable seats but it's not that big of an issue. I like how the inside looks and the available shift options. All in all this is a great car."

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next