• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2011 Honda Insight

8.4

Based on 134 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Good choice for $4.00/gal gas

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "More fun to drive than the Prius I test drove."

Cons: "Don't know how long the eco seat fabric will last."

"I purchased this car to replace a 1996 Civic that I used for running around the city. Although similarly sized, there is a world of difference. The Civic would get around 28 mpg on the highway. But with little regard to conservative driving, the Insight gets me 51 mpg on the same hwy route - with more comfort."

Great MPG and very reliable !! Get one.....

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "A real gas saver....and roomy for a hybrid."

Cons: "Needs better quality interior fabric & floor mats."

"Have owned a 2010 Insight for 2 years with 38k miles and have averaged 43-45 mpg. Only issue was a molding on roof that would blow off in high wind and now that warranty is up rear shocks are starting to leak. Can get over 50 mpg going 55 mph. I have had a Prius before and had a bad battery smell on interior that we couldn't get rid of. I drove the newer Prius and even though I liked the design better the Insight was much more spacious in divers seat.....Prius felt crowded. Overall all a great hybrid and worth every penny."

If you hate it, don't buy it as will last forever.

By on Sunday, May 10, 2015

Pros: "Probably cheapest car too own."

Cons: "Where is the fun?"

"My 2011 Insight base has 212000 miles and not a single problem other than normal wear and tear. Averaging 48mpg over life of car. Build is so solid as if car was molded from one piece. Nor squeak nor rattle of any kind. Car has been cheap to maintain. Oil changes come about 12k. Serpentine belt changed at 200k. Brake pads and shoes also lasted 200k. Oem tires worn out at 30k. Replacement Ecopias lasted 100k. I use Nitto SN2 winter tires, excellent traction over frozen stuff.. Battery still strong. Cvt still sliky smooth. Now the bad. Eight, yes eight spark plugs on 4 cylinder engine only pricey maintenance at 105k and 210k. Handling like driving in mud.Car cant even hold a straight line. Slow slow and slow. Above 65mph engine makes a racket. Cramped interior especially back seats."

Great inexpensive hybrid

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "CHEAP, HYBRID, 50 mpg"

Cons: "Slow acceleration, not the best audio speakers"

"All positive except for one thing. I wish the battery was a lithium ion battery (longer life, more powerful), and I wish that there was an option for leather seats, heated seats, and better speakers (infinity, boston, rockford fossgate) in my car model year. I like gadgets and this car is pretty plain, but extremely practical and a huge money saver!"

Great Car!

By on Friday, December 03, 2010

"I only have this car for a few days, I got if for the mileage since I'm going to have a long commute from home to work. It was a rational decision based ONLY on the MPG rate. Did research the Prius but decided on the Insight since it was cheaper. I could not be more happier with this car! I love driving it and did not expect to like the car so much. I have the basic model which comes with a lot of features still. The seats are a little hard and not so confortable but I'm getting used to it!. It is fun do drive this car and the display gives you a lot of information which is also nice to keep track. I recommend."