• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2010 Honda Insight

8.4

Based on 112 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Disappointed in vehicle

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

"This vehicle is no where near the quality of the '04 Insight. My car feels cheap, makes ringing noises, you can hear the gas tank swoosh when making a stop, and no sound deafening when driving. I've even submitted a complaint and was advised these are known characteristics of the car and not defects. I will never buy this car again."

Great looking and practical little car

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Sleek, practical, great fuel efficiency vehicle"

Cons: "Bumpy rides"

"This is a very nice car. I love the looks and its hatch back cargo capacity. I am always amazed at all the things we can fit in the back when folding the back seats. The interior materials and ergonomics are very good. I was a little hesitant about having enough leg and head room but it hasn't been a problem at all. The fuel efficiency is greater than expected. I'm not crazy about the IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) system and I would also prefer a smoother ride when driving. Hope future models will improve this."

A Great Car with One Major Exception

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Looks Great! High Quality Feel. Navigation/Camera."

Cons: "IMA - Integrated Motor Assist - Horrible."

"Overall this is a very nice car. It looks great. I like the sharp wedge design, the chrome and blue accents, the wheels, the color (bright red). The interior materials and ergonomics are very good. The navigation system is mostly very good. I have only one complaint about the music file player and that is that clicking the forward and back (track) buttons do not work the way they should. If I double click the back button I should be at the beginning of the previous song. But I am not. The major complaint I have about this car is the IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) system. It is horrible. If I had drove this car before I bought it I might have re-considered. Once they put the Earth Dreams engine into this car, it will be fantastic! I am hoping that happens soon. I say, spend a little more and get the new Accord Hybrid. The Earth Dreams engine seems to be a vast improvement over the IMA."

Solid buy

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "relatively cheap, fun to drive, fuel efficient"

Cons: "no frills, can get cramped for bigger folks"

"All hybrids basically get compared to the Prius. In my experience the insight is cheaper, better looking, and funner to drive. Not to mention that it gets better mileage depending how you drive it. It's smaller, and pretty spartan when it comes to features, but it's got a simplicity and feel that I found superior. The dashboard is not that fancy but it has a very simple fuel economy indicator, when you're driving efficiently the speedometer is green, inefficiently it's blue. I've found that to be a great driving trainer, so far I've been able to keep my MPG around 52 in the summer and 47 in the winter. It's a smaller car, and I'm a tall guy, so there's little room for backseat passengers. Overall I'm very happy with it, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, cheap hybrid."

out of over one hundred vehicles this is the BEST

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Great little Car"

Cons: "Idle stop on too much"

"Very convenient dependable/economical sporty little car - If you need a City Commuter you can't go wrong - Sportier looking/driving than Prius, and far simpler mechanically. Yes you can feel the road - I like to! No the back seat is not for grown-ups - AND it is definitely NOT a Colorado Mountain/winter car like my Subaru Outbacks... I get 40 to 45 MPG ALWAYS in STOP/GO traffic - even when I drive quickly - The car is pleasant on the highway at 80 MPH too. AT it's BEST in town commuter driving...."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25