2006 Honda Insight

Based on 79 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"I have loved this car from the day i purchased it. Have not had any problems with it at all and wit the 50+ miles i get per gallon what more can say. I even got 65 Mile/Gal on a trip to Virginia. The only thing i wonder it why did Honda stop making a car that is so great."

Wow! Way more than exceeded my expectations!

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Built by the Acura NSX factory in Japan"

Cons: "Could be more comfortable."

"I bought this car to do deliveries because of gas prices and I went from a Suzuki swift gt getting 17 miles to the gallon to 40 mpg in the insight cutting my gas costs mor than in half! I get 65 mpg on the freeway even though I am a led foot and the car feels solid even at 90 mph because of it's aerodynamics and tight suspension. This car handle corners like a go cart but does understeer a little but in a very controllabe way. I do the hardest kind of driving and have had no problems with the car! Brakes and tires and oilchanges and I am all good. I did have charging issue but the dealer upgraded to the second generation battery pack for free at 80 k and they say the batteries should last 157k so I have lots more miles on this unbreakable little head turner of a car. I do not recommend this car as a family car because it is a 2 seater but I highly recommend this car for any body that commutes or delivers or needs a fun sporty little head turner that won't break the bank. there is a slight learning curve on driving this car because of the recharge driving and I suggest you get the stick rather than the cvt version because you get better mileage and more power control. Buy this car! You won't regret it!"

Wonderful car

By on Friday, April 22, 2011

"This car is amazing. I bought it used and have had no issues to date. The fuel mileage is unbelievable! I drive mostly highway in my daily commute. I take it easy on the accelerator and routinely average 71MPG on regular 87 octane gasoline. I own a 5 speed manual and the acceleration is more than sufficient. If I get into the gas and drive it aggressively, my mileage will "drop" to around 60MPG in combined city/highway driving. The interior is surprisingly roomy for such a small vehicle. I am 6'2" and have plenty of headroom. My only complaint is that the car does not come with tilt steering. However, because the steering wheel design allows for easy viewing of all the gauges, lack if tilt is only a minor annoyance. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to save significant money on fuel costs."

unbeatable

By on Saturday, January 22, 2011

"owned since new. lifetime mpg is 48 under all driving conditions. It still looks new.. corrosion will never be a problem as it's aluminum and plastic. replacement batteries appear to be a non-issue. snow tires render it unstoppable. I was looking forward to the CRZ, but all things considered I think I'll just keep this thing forever !"

love this car

By on Saturday, February 14, 2009

"this is a sports car that gets 50 plus mpg. my favorite car...ever!"