• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2006 Honda Insight

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

gas saver

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"Ever since I bought this car 6 months ago, I had saved thousands of dollars in gas. This was the best buy ever."

Wonderful car

By on Friday, April 22, 2011

"This car is amazing. I bought it used and have had no issues to date. The fuel mileage is unbelievable! I drive mostly highway in my daily commute. I take it easy on the accelerator and routinely average 71MPG on regular 87 octane gasoline. I own a 5 speed manual and the acceleration is more than sufficient. If I get into the gas and drive it aggressively, my mileage will "drop" to around 60MPG in combined city/highway driving. The interior is surprisingly roomy for such a small vehicle. I am 6'2" and have plenty of headroom. My only complaint is that the car does not come with tilt steering. However, because the steering wheel design allows for easy viewing of all the gauges, lack if tilt is only a minor annoyance. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to save significant money on fuel costs."

unbeatable

By on Saturday, January 22, 2011

"owned since new. lifetime mpg is 48 under all driving conditions. It still looks new.. corrosion will never be a problem as it's aluminum and plastic. replacement batteries appear to be a non-issue. snow tires render it unstoppable. I was looking forward to the CRZ, but all things considered I think I'll just keep this thing forever !"

Great "Little" Commuter

By on Friday, September 03, 2010

"Stress on the LITTLE. But it gets better economy and comfort than my motorcycle. Perfect for my 110 mile a day commute. I can easily get 55mpg and 60 on a good day. You will want after market stereo and speakers. I am a LARGE person (6'3" 300lbs) and I fit comfortably in this car. It is just very low to the ground. Plenty of headroom."

BEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED!

By on Thursday, August 05, 2010

"Perfect car for a couple with pets! A few of it's star qualities: 1.) The best fuel mileage that I have ever seen. 2.) Very cute. People laughed when I first purchased this little "space-pod" styled car that boasted awesome mpg. Mind you this was in 2002 when huge SUV's were the most popular vehicles on the road... NOBODY'S LAUGHING NOW! 3.) surprisingly roomy interior with an ultra-quiet engine."

Still the best

By on Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"This has been a surprisingly dependable car. Other than a weak starter battery, it has never failed me. The hybrid power system has been flawless in its performance and reliability and the fuel economy is still the best of any production car."

Best commuter / city car

By on Saturday, March 20, 2010

"I love this vehicle, its fun to drive, reliable, efficient. The handling is tight and responsive, has great road feel. The five speed is fun and smooth. I've got a heavy right foot and do mostly city driving and have been getting about 45 mpg. On long road trips cruising on the freeway (60 to 70 mph) it gets 60 mpg! Minor gripes; The seats do not recline very far do to the traction battery placement. That's fine for most day to day use. But on long road trip I would like to put the seat back further. The headliner is sagging a little near the opening for the hatch back. I had the headliner replaced at the dealer, but the new one they put in is starting to sag a little. The carpeting near the drivers left foot has detached from the side of the car near the door. Not a big deal just need a new plastic clip for it. Other than those two things the fit and finish is excellent."

By on Wednesday, September 16, 2009